Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread: the New Generation

Started by Z, July 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

And a heel turn! What a nuts episode of SD.

New Jack

hummingofevil

There must be something going on. Only hope its not Bryan getting a dozen Germans onto his head as reward for missing Crown Jewel.

Deanjam

Quote from: Deanjam on November 13, 2018, 04:21:11 PM
I'm also certain AJ is beating Brock.

God dammit!

Anyway, a weirdly underwhelming way to end AJ's epic title run. Someone in creative has a crazy obsession with his balls.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 14, 2018, 02:32:08 AM
Glad they didn't make Becky vacate the title. Her picking Charlotte as her replacement made sense to me.

Made sense in storyline, but fucks sake, Charlotte gets everything and she's never been that good to justify it. Wish it was Asuka.

We're finally getting Brock vs Bryan though! That's a match I've wanted for a few years. Let's hope Brock's UFC dedication doesn't get in the way of it.

Deanjam

Lesnar's the last guy I want to see Bryan wrestle. My neck's already hurting in sympathy. Wonder if we're just gonna get the squash match Vince wanted to do at Summerfest '14

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 14, 2018, 08:12:49 AM
Made sense in storyline, but fucks sake, Charlotte gets everything and she's never been that good to justify it. Wish it was Asuka.

We're finally getting Brock vs Bryan though! That's a match I've wanted for a few years. Let's hope Brock's UFC dedication doesn't get in the way of it.

I'm hoping doing Charlotte v Ronda now means we won't get it at Mania as rumoured now. They'd be stupid not to see that the money feud for Mania is Becky v Ronda now.

Don't get me wrong, I think Charlotte v Ronda will be a very good match, but the idea of that being the Mania main event when Becky is so much more over is like when they were planning to do Orton v Batista at WM30 instead of Bryan.

New Jack

Ronda vs Brock

Hmm, wonder if turning D Bry heel is some sad attempt to salvage Lesnar as a face? After months of burying him as not caring, never being there. Cause two heels against eachother?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on November 14, 2018, 08:47:34 AM
Lesnar's the last guy I want to see Bryan wrestle. My neck's already hurting in sympathy. Wonder if we're just gonna get the squash match Vince wanted to do at Summerfest '14

Bryan's no delicate flower.

boki

Quote from: Deanjam on November 14, 2018, 04:57:22 AM
Anyway, a weirdly underwhelming way to end AJ's epic title run. Someone in creative has a crazy obsession with his balls.
They're the Dogg's bollocks.

up_the_hampipe

Hoping Nia comes out next week wearing a "Nia 3:16 says I just broke your face" t-shirt.

Timothy

Weird way to end AJ's title run.

Hope this kicks in Miz vs Bryan at Mania with Miz winning the Rumble.

New Jack

Miz the babyface chasing heel champion Bryan?

Deanjam

Miz is a terrible babyface. He was born to play a cowardly douchebag heel.

Utter Shit

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 14, 2018, 01:01:10 PM
Hoping Nia comes out next week wearing a "Nia 3:16 says I just broke your face" t-shirt.

They really should play up the fact she's now injured all four of the Horsewomen.

Timothy

Quote from: Deanjam on November 14, 2018, 01:07:48 PM
Miz is a terrible babyface. He was born to play a cowardly douchebag heel.

Disagree. He's great in both roles.

up_the_hampipe

Trailer for the Paige movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOAAwUpl4o

That clip they previewed a few months ago with The Rock made this seem completely awful, but it looks like it could be pretty good otherwise.

Utter Shit

Yeah that looks like a standard-issue Hollywood sitcom, only centred around something I'm actually interested in...I reckon it will be one that wrestling fans enjoy, and everyone else thinks is either forgettable or just outright shit.

Ja'moke

People are missing the real injustice in all of this, and that's that Tamina is getting a renewed push and is in the Survivor Series match. She's the drizzling shits. Hasn't done anything of worth in the decade she's been employed at WWE. Has never been close to being over. She can't even do her dad's superfly splash right. And yet it seems like at least once a year they try and push her for a couple of months until they realise, nah, yeah, she's a load of shite.

New Jack

I really try not to fast forward through women's matches like I did in the Divas era but the likes of Tamina make it difficult

sevendaughters

that film looks like aaaaaaabsolute TOSS

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 14, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
People are missing the real injustice in all of this, and that's that Tamina is getting a renewed push and is in the Survivor Series match. She's the drizzling shits. Hasn't done anything of worth in the decade she's been employed at WWE. Has never been close to being over. She can't even do her dad's superfly splash right. And yet it seems like at least once a year they try and push her for a couple of months until they realise, nah, yeah, she's a load of shite.

She might be a Mark Henry. Looking forward to her 2030 run.

Z

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 14, 2018, 07:24:56 PM
Mark Henry was always pretty game, to be fair to him.

Tamina, on the other hand...

Ja'moke

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 14, 2018, 07:24:56 PM

YOU THINK IT'S THAT EASY?!!

Timothy

Bit weird. Was suppose to buy Mania tickets yesterday but after Reigns being injured, the many other injuries, Cena being out, Brock being champion and the whole Crown Jewel debacle we decided not to go. Hope we didn't make a mistake.

There used to be a ton of brawls like what occurred on Raw, it got me thinking about how many concussions and accidental injuries occurred in the past. Maybe there were few as Nia Jax wasn't around. I did remember Eddie Guerrero picking up an injury when The Radicalz debuted and it really ruined what could have been a great stable.

New Jack

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on November 15, 2018, 12:21:22 PM
There used to be a ton of brawls like what occurred on Raw, it got me thinking about how many concussions and accidental injuries occurred in the past. Maybe there were few as Nia Jax wasn't around. I did remember Eddie Guerrero picking up an injury when The Radicalz debuted and it really ruined what could have been a great stable.

Weirdly I was reading that specific Radicalz Debut issue of the Observer last night at 3am when I couldn't sleep.

Really did sound like it changed the whole direction of that thing. Totally forgot Foley's ties to the group. Meltzer said one idea was Vince himself bringing that in... Woah, glad that didn't happen. Obviously, most of the story mentioned their height being seen as an issue by WWE and no other promotion previously.

I do cringe at some of WWE's style now for exacerbating injuries. Bumps on the apron for example, look legit hard. That's before you even consider the schedule

Still, I want an off season, basically, seeing more positives than not. Refresh characters, have a defined end point. Won't happen. You're on a treadmill if you work for WWE.