Author Topic: Doctor Who - Audio Adventures  (Read 9622 times)

Norton Canes

• The leper heart will see you for what you are
Re: Doctor Who - Audio Adventures
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »
I'd be surprised if they don't adapt The Tides Of Time and the classic 6th Doctor story Voyager sooner rather then later.

It's a shame the quality of the 5th Doctor strips nosedived after Stars Fell on Stockbridge, the one-episode coda to The Tides Of Time. The Stockbridge Horror and 4-Dimensional Vistas were both horrible unfocused messes.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2019, 11:28:55 PM »
Listened to 'The Green Life' today. Sequel to Pertwee's 'The Green Death' with Jo & Jack in Llanfairfach from the original story.

What a pairing they make. I'd love a spin off with the two of them. Great chemistry together. Jo's description of the town it's heyday was odd though. Apparently it had 150 pubs!

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »

In The Lives of Captain Jack Volume Two, Captain Jack takes on fake news, trench warfare and the Sixth Doctor’s dress sense in three new stories:

1. Piece of Mind by James Goss

When the Sixth Doctor falls dying into his arms, Jack must carry on in his place. Is the universe ready for a whole new kind of Doctor?

2. What Have I Done? by Guy Adams

On the battlefields of World War I, something is hunting in the trenches. Jack must try and save the life of a wounded soldier.

3. Driving Miss Wells by James Goss

Alien invasions, stolen planets and burning skies – Newsreader Trinity Wells used to tell everyone the world was ending. One day she stopped believing it. Will her new chauffeur change her mind?

The 6th Doctor & Trinity Wells? Wasn't expecting that.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:07 PM »
So the question is “what can possibly be the appeal of an audio story all about a character wearing a costume?”, and the answer is obviously “not having to see it”, but seriously...

What can possibly be the appeal of an audio story all about a character wearing a costume?

Bad Ambassador

• Sit down, Mario!
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
From a Doctor who strangles his companion to a Doctor who strangles his companion... during sex.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »
From a Doctor who strangles his companion to a Doctor who strangles his companion... during sex.

“Doctor your costume is awful!  And you are raping me!”

“Yes I am the sixth Doctor, you know!”

“That explains it!”

Catalogue Trousers

• With tremendous protein value
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »
Jack Harkness AND Trinity Wells? Wake me up when it's gone away, thanks.