Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny Italian Movies

Started by MortSahlFan, July 30, 2018, 05:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

When I want to laugh, I go right to the source of stand-up. But I noticed that I don't seem to like anyone outside of North America, and when it comes to movies, I find the funniest in Italian, and not necessarily those that are labeled "Comedy".. Maybe it's the pinch of anger?

I just started a movie, "Capriccio all Italiana" which has been funny so far.. "Il Sorpasso" was funny as well.

Wet Blanket

I like the Checco Zalone movies. They're sort of lowbrow but have a decent satirical bite. He reminds me a bit of Sacha Baron Cohen when he's not doing the prank stuff. Quo Vado? outsold The Force Awakens in Italy, although I reckon Sole a Catinelle is the best.

Lost Oliver

Il Sorpasso is amazing! And how good is the ending?

I'd recommend Divorce Italian Style which may be up your street.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 02, 2018, 08:42:25 AM
Il Sorpasso is amazing! And how good is the ending?

I'd recommend Divorce Italian Style which may be up your street.
I thought it would be the other way around (the end), but a fun movie, without being stupid... I actually saw "Divorce Italian Style" last year. Thanks :)

George White

I've been watching the Fantozzi films, as part of my frequent views on European cinema on allnewbritishrubbish.blogspot.com
They are very odd, very vulgar, very Italian.
With one standout sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJuHMIZK8Xo

Although Dr Jekyll il Gentile Signore is so odd, it becomes quite fun

chveik

Danger Diabolik by Mario Bava

Lost Oliver

Fantozzi sounds right up my street but I can't see it in the usual places. What's the best way to get hold of it?

MortSahlFan

I've noticed all the humor I love is angry. Stand-up, the little I see in movies, too.

George White

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 03, 2018, 09:13:44 PM
Fantozzi sounds right up my street but I can't see it in the usual places. What's the best way to get hold of it?
They're on youtube and ok.ru, unsubtitled but they're very visual.

Lost Oliver

Ah, I definitely need subs. I'll have a gander - thanks for the recommendation.

Lost Oliver

Also loved Bianca by Nanni Moretti. Pissing my sides at some of the stuff in this.

zomgmouse

Il Boom was very satirically funny.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 04, 2018, 10:37:25 AM
Ah, I definitely need subs. I'll have a gander - thanks for the recommendation.
subscene dot net is a great site for subtitles, too

George White

Tried watching Bingo Bongo - idiotic comedy with singer Adriano Celentano playing a barking Tarzan-alike who is trained by Carole Bouquet. All gurning, and silly costumes for animals.