Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars NINE!

Started by momatt, July 31, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momatt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erye39HfYsE

Nice little official announcement video here, with a cast list.
No huge surprises, but I'm looking forward to seeing JJ reverse all the decisions Rian made in the last film.  It might even be good, who knows?

Norton Canes

I hope someone has to deactivate a force-field

Shaky

Quote from: momatt on July 31, 2018, 11:52:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing JJ reverse all the decisions Rian made in the last film.  It might even be good, who knows?

The Last Jedi (which I liked, but that's by the by) was exec produced by Abrams and he's got a hand in overseeing the whole trilogy so he must've been pretty OK with most of Johnson's ideas. And if he wasn't, the buck ultimately stops with Kathleen Kennedy anyway.

I think it's wishful thinking that we're going to get some sort of massive retcon next time round. We're going to get more of the same AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

greenman

Ultimately for me it was Abrams that set the rot in anyway, you can't hire a hack like that and hope to have much more than a short term nostalgia fest rather than a franchise of any depth.

Replies From View

I wonder what they will do in the ninth Star Wars one of it.

ziggy starbucks

Ray and Ken will have a sword fight

chewtobacco will growl

grown men will cry about feminism conspiracy theories

Replies From View

Here are some character names that I hereby grant permission for them to use (but they must use all of them):

Garbolt Jen
Dybwon Fyn
Spenfil Dyn
Dyn Benfil-til
Lyn-ton Fell
Tee-po Sell
Bin-doe Grave
D3-QO

I bet Rollo Keane turns good at the end.

momatt

Quote from: Shaky on July 31, 2018, 12:21:53 PM
I think it's wishful thinking that we're going to get some sort of massive retcon next time round.

I'm not saying that a retcon would necessarily be a good thing.  Either they go along with Rian's mad plot decisions, or they revert them.  Either way it'd be stupid.  They're a bit stuck.

I reckon we could pool our resources and re-make Star Wars 9 before the Disney one is even released.  Beat them to it and make all the money.  I've got a lightsabre, that's a pretty good start.

Blumf

Quote from: momatt on July 31, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
I've got a lightsabre, that's a pretty good start.

Yes, but how's your Adobe PageMaker skillz? Do you have a good collection of wood grain backgrounds?

momatt

Dammit.
I could scrawl the plan on some actual wood perhaps*?  That's one step better surely.

*No not my penis.

I have a blue screen and some sticks.

SteveDave

This'll be shit I reckon.

buzby

I know somebody in the 501st, so I could probably get us some Stormtroopers

Replies From View

I have retracted my offer to Disney so you may use all these names instead.

Quote from: Replies From View on July 31, 2018, 12:56:29 PM
Garbolt Jen
Dybwon Fyn
Spenfil Dyn
Dyn Benfil-til
Lyn-ton Fell
Tee-po Sell
Bin-doe Grave
D3-QO

There you are!

momatt

My Mum looks a little bit like Carrie Fisher, but not as dead.
We have a distinct advantage already.

monolith

Quote from: SteveDave on July 31, 2018, 03:12:45 PM
This'll be shit I reckon.
Yeah. I mean I'll watch it obviously but I've lost any expectation for actually enjoying the thing. Will be two and a bit hours of "You fucking what?" moments.

momatt

Quote from: monolith on July 31, 2018, 03:41:37 PM
Yeah. I mean I'll watch it obviously but I've lost any expectation for actually enjoying the thing. Will be two and a bit hours of "You fucking what?" moments.

No, this one will be two and a bit hours of, "Hmmm, this all seems strangely familiar.  Oh good, another Death Star!"

Dr Rock

I only like the original trilogy everything else can fuck off etc. I will watch them though I am so not interested in how this ends, except!

I watched some clips of Star Wars (I don't call it a New Hope). Early on Luke has this line - 'not unless you can teleport me off this rock' to C3PO. But there's no teleporting in Star Wars, it's not Star Trek. Unless, and I have to type this so I called it first, what if he didn't die in The Last Jedi. What if he teleported himself off of that rock? Ah.

Kelvin

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 31, 2018, 06:20:10 PM
I only like the original trilogy everything else can fuck off etc. I will watch them though I am so not interested in how this ends, except!

I watched some clips of Star Wars (I don't call it a New Hope). Early on Luke has this line - 'not unless you can teleport me off this rock' to C3PO. But there's no teleporting in Star Wars, it's not Star Trek. Unless, and I have to type this so I called it first, what if he didn't die in The Last Jedi. What if he teleported himself off of that rock? Ah.

We talk about teleports and we don't have them. Ah.

Dr Rock

I considered that it might be an idea they have but don't have. Like pens.

Blumf

Or history books that cover anything past 10 years ago.

PlanktonSideburns

i hope theres a bit where something explodes, or someone is punched or something, and a little hairy alien thing looks round and goes

eh?!

Lord Mandrake

I hope our heroes enter a bizzare cantina with freaky aliens of every brand but no two alike and a band of weirdos playing ethnic jazz on slightly unusual but still recognisable instruments. And theres a robot smoking a shisha.

Kelvin

I hope a stormstrooper zaps beams from her raygun

Bhazor

I hope we get to see Daisy Ridley's bum and Phasma with a strap on doing some angry pegging.

Glebe

I imagine they'll rope in Ford again for a flashback or summit, just for a proper sent off and that.

Shaky

Quote from: momatt on July 31, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
I'm not saying that a retcon would necessarily be a good thing.  Either they go along with Rian's mad plot decisions, or they revert them.  Either way it'd be stupid.  They're a bit stuck.

Sure, wasn't having a go at you specifically more the fans who think ol' trusty Abrams is going to bring everything back in line with what they want. Rey is a Skywalker, Snoke is a Sith/Palpatine clone/Darth Fanny and so on. I hope that boat has sailed, for better or worse.

I like Johnson's treatment of Luke so it'll be interesting to see whether the character merely cameos as a Force Ghost in the next one or if he does something more significant.

Bazooka

Just put all the money into KOTOR 3 instead.

popcorn

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 31, 2018, 06:20:10 PM
I watched some clips of Star Wars (I don't call it a New Hope).

Does that mean every time you call it Star Wars you also say "I don't call it A New Hope"?