Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars NINE!

Started by momatt, July 31, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

mothman

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 03, 2018, 10:48:04 PM
COC & BFE.

Lump them in together as War.

The Holiday Special is all the Doctors from The Curse Of Fatal Death lumped together.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on August 02, 2018, 10:52:14 AM
I wonder what a ninth Star War film could ever be like in the whole wide world.

Stared War

Mister Six

Matt Smith has been cast in the next Star Wars movie.

Desperate ploy to win back sci-fi nerds?

EDIT: Nah I'm sure he got it on merit because he's great. But let's unfairly speculate anyway.

mothman

Because we were all so excited when he was cast in Terminator Genisys. And then...

Bhazor

No where else to put this. Plinkett Review of Star Wars 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D18xL7VE

bgmnts

Quote from: Bazooka on August 01, 2018, 08:56:14 AM
Just put all the money into KOTOR 3 instead.

I have never agreed with anything more in my life.

Chriddof

Quote from: Bhazor on August 28, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
No where else to put this. Plinkett Review of Star Wars 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D18xL7VE

I like RedLetterMedia a lot, but I'm so bored of the whole Plinkett thing now, and I'm even more bored when the character is used to do another fucking Star Wars review. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't bother with another one, but their terrible, horrible fanbase has been clamouring for this one in the equally terrible and horrible comment sections of their videos. (In which a billion people will be mindlessly reciting old RLM memes under any given one, despite Rich Evans having directly mocked them for doing so in a Best Of The Worst.)

idunnosomename

I am very surprised Mike did this, but I think his points were mostly quite well chosen, that it was an experiment that failed. But I don't... care? I guess it makes money on the YouTube views.

It seems so lazy because there's not a single PoV of Plinkett's house or crawlspace. Just Rich Evans pouring some wine on a table and a man on a podium having shit his pants.

Like the film it was a bit boring and we probably didn't need it

ohhHHH etc

Kelvin

That RLM review is terrible. Really obnoxious, disingenuous stuff that reminds me of the Cinema Sins style of criticism. In a film with as many obvious and fundamental issues as Last Jedi, I don't understand how they managed to make so many flawed arguments.

In particular, so many of the things they criticise aren't actually inherently bad ideas, as they suggest, but were handled badly or completely bodged in the script. That's why complaints about Poe defying orders, or the 'everything goes wrong' structure, or purple haired lady being undemocratic, don't ring true in their analysis, because the problem is generally in the execution, and not with the concept or charachters themselves.

I like their content, and their initial review of Last Jedi, but this Plinkett review is them at their absolute worst.

Phil_A

I hope the title's accurate and it really is the last Plinkett review. They've served their purpose, no need to keep going back to that particular well.

idunnosomename

I'd like if he reviewed A Dog's Purpose. At the same time, tortured and murdered some prostitutes.

greenman

Although really theres very little of the actual character in this review other than the voice which along with a shorter length I found made it much easier to get though.

The main issues I spose is that most of what's brought up isn't exactly new having been discussed to death months ago. You could call it nitpickish but I think the shear about of illogical nonsense in the film does add up a significant effect and the screwball comedy comparison does actually work surprisingly well, perhaps a strong argument where Abrams developed the style for his Trek films from that carried into this.