Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018 Semi-final Pdine vs Crabwalk

Started by Pdine, July 31, 2018, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

It's crabwalk

But fuck me, incredible stuff pdine

Butchers Blind

Fishfinger

Paul Calf

Sorry, got to be Crabwalk although Pdine provided some stunning assets for Crabwalk to work with. They make an excellent team.

Cerys

As far as I'm concerned, the better player was Crabwalk.  However, I'm voting for Pdine because he doesn't deserve to be utterly trounced.

Gregory Torso

Voting pdine because I love that first image, it's like a transformer that's properly fucked up turning into a jet or some alien beach house, and it's very different to everything else that's been in the wrong so far.

Absorb the anus burn

alan nagsworth

Crabwalk you've bloody walked it in this year - and if you win, you've earned it - but I have to vote for Pdine here. Pure dazzling works of art with beautiful simplicity. The way the first shot left the round completely open for interpretation, followed by that gorgeous return shot, is really the way I like to see Wimblewrong's conventions challenged. Future Wrongers, take note.

pancreas

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 08, 2018, 04:48:31 PM
I like to see Wimblewrong's conventions challenged. Future Wrongers, take note.

I am loving this meta-commentary, Nagsworth—I'm sure history will remember these timely interventions. Not quite sure how to square it with the below, however.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 11, 2018, 06:39:47 PM
I thought it best to wait until the match had ended to mention that I'm not sure it's entirely fair for your shots to consist solely of already-established forum comics and characters that are likely to gain a popularity vote - which they did, blatantly - outside of the context of the tournament. I reckon this is especially worth considering since you've now qualified for the next round as well!

Pdine

Great game, and a very deserved win. I have to go away for the weekend in a minute, and am not sure what internet access I'll have, so I'm conceding a bit early. Good luck in the final, Crabwalk!

selectivememory

Thanks for playing, Pdine. Loved your work this year.

Congrats, Crabwalk. I'll start a thread with details for the final shortly.

Kelvin

Crabwalk's first is wonderful, but I reckon overall I have to give it to Pdine.

edit: oh bum, just realised I was too late. Sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

pancreas

Crabwalk

Quote from: Pdine on August 09, 2018, 11:58:35 AM
Great game, and a very deserved win. I have to go away for the weekend in a minute, and am not sure what internet access I'll have, so I'm conceding a bit early. Good luck in the final, Crabwalk!

Thanks very much Pdine, it was a pleasure to lock horns!

I tried my hand at structuresynth but got absolutely nowhere, so had to fall back on my trad techniques. I think innovation, abstraction and risk-taking deserves rewards and keeps things fresh, so I've taken personal inspiration from your approach in this match and look forward to your shots next year. You've been utterly superb in this tournament.

Crabwalk

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 08, 2018, 04:48:31 PM
Pure dazzling works of art with beautiful simplicity. The way the first shot left the round completely open for interpretation, followed by that gorgeous return shot, is really the way I like to see Wimblewrong's conventions challenged. Future Wrongers, take note.

Nags summed up my feelings very well here.

Spoon of Ploff

Any pointers on where's a good place to get started with these new fangled tools Pdine?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: pancreas on August 08, 2018, 06:57:21 PM
I am loving this meta-commentary, Nagsworth—I'm sure history will remember these timely interventions. Not quite sure how to square it with the below, however.

oh yeah soz i didn't realise that abstract pointy shape was such a huge forum trope, how daft of me