Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:49:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bought a 27 inch 2K monitor

Started by Z, July 31, 2018, 09:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z

Should I just keep it absurdly close to my face when coding or scale it down to a lower resolution? everythings slightly smaller than it was on the 24" HD one I had before, but with a fuckton more space to work with

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cold Meat Platter

Back off slightly from "absurd" to "surreal" ranges. Acquaint yourself with the true sizes of things by measuring a stick.

mobias

I've got a 28 inch monitor and use it all the time for coding. No need to drop it down.

Hecate

Can't you just increase the size of the font on your coding thingy?

biggytitbo

You fucking great big show off.

Z

Quote from: Hecate on July 31, 2018, 10:23:09 PM
Can't you just increase the size of the font on your coding thingy?
...that would work actually, yeah.

Half the internet looks like shit on a 2K monitor too. Cookd and bombd 's fucked up text sizes make it almost as unreadable as on mobile

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 31, 2018, 10:39:09 PM
You fucking great big show off.
What's your setup like? I'm picturing either just a laptop or three screens side by side

Quote from: Z on August 01, 2018, 01:10:09 PM
What's your setup like? I'm picturing either just a laptop or three screens side by side

Depending on your OS, you can do scaling which makes elements bigger whilst keeping everything* lovely and crisp to look at. Here's a guide for Windows 10;

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling

*Some programs won't support DPI scaling so they'll still look tiny/pixelated.

I couldn't imagine not sitting two feet from a 55" telly.

I'm saying not EVER in ANY context.

Hecate

Quote from: Z on August 01, 2018, 01:10:09 PMHalf the internet looks like shit on a 2K monitor too. Cookd and bombd 's fucked up text sizes make it almost as unreadable as on mobile

If you're using firefox, hold ctrl and move your scroll wheel up to make things bigger. Hold ctrl and press Zero to make things go back to default.

Z

Quote from: Hecate on August 01, 2018, 08:42:29 PM
If you're using firefox, hold ctrl and move your scroll wheel up to make things bigger. Hold ctrl and press Zero to make things go back to default.
that leads to "half the internet looks gigantic on a 2K monitor"

Just use a container bro, even if it's an extreme one (say 1600px max-width), it'll stop sprawling messes

olliebean

Quote from: Z on August 01, 2018, 09:22:02 PM
that leads to "half the internet looks gigantic on a 2K monitor"

No, because it remembers the scaling per site.

Captain Z

2K is way too much to spend on a monitor if you ask me.