Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The League Of gentlemen Live

Started by Clownbaby, August 03, 2018, 07:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I didn't even know the lads were coming to Carlisle, drove past the Sands Centre about an hour ago and saw League Of Gentlemen Live up on the digital banner, proper nashed in there and got 2 tickets! Weird as well because I haven't watched it in about a year and had a whim to watch it this morning so I was just thinking "I love The League Of gentlemen it's great" when I saw it's on at the fuckin Sands! Makes up for not being able to catch Limmy at The Fringe.

So chuffed. The League Of Gentlemen is my childhood. Chuff levels through the roof DOLE SCUM

St_Eddie

I'm off to see this in Portsmouth on the 13th of this month.  Should be great fun.  I've never been fortunate enough to see one of their live tours before.

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 03, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
...Weird as well because I haven't watched it in about a year and had a whim to watch it this morning so I was just thinking "I love The League Of gentlemen it's great"...

Did you not watch the three specials that were broadcast earlier this year?

Glad you managed to score tickets, by the way.

BJBMK2

Going to see them in Manchester in September. Right at the back of the Arena, so I can't imagine I'll be able to see or hear what's going on, but it'll be £90 well spent all the same.

Clownbaby

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 03, 2018, 08:57:52 PM
I'm off to see this in Portsmouth on the 13th of this month.  Should be great fun.  I've never been fortunate enough to see one of their live tours before.

Did you not watch the three specials that were broadcast earlier this year?

Glad you managed to score tickets, by the way.

Oh yeah I saw those, but I hadn't done a rewatching of the old ones

Clownbaby

Quote from: BJBMK2 on August 03, 2018, 10:23:10 PM
Going to see them in Manchester in September. Right at the back of the Arena, so I can't imagine I'll be able to see or hear what's going on, but it'll be £90 well spent all the same.

Yeah my seats aren't the best bu tits not a massive venue so it shouldn't matter

zomgmouse

Got a ticket to see them in Glasgow on the 29th - was going to just stay in Edinburgh and see them while I'm here on the 28th but when I went to buy tickets it was only around 5 minutes after the tickets went on sale and all that was left were shitty back-of-the-balcony seats so I decided to just go to Glasgow and get better seats instead.

Wet Blanket

Seeing them in Edinburgh on the 30th. Saw 'em live in 2000/2001 (can't remember for sure, it was the one with a 'black and white' dinner jacketed set in the first half and Royston Vasey second half) and it's easily one of the best comedy gigs I've ever seen. I heard the pantomime they did was a bit bobbins but never saw that. The recent specials were fab so I've got high hopes.

Lewman

Seeing them in Weston Super Mare next week. Seems this might be a warm up show as was never properly publicised. Still managed to blag front row tickets :) Cant wait!

pancreas

Tickets on 24th August. Thanks for the reminder.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Wet Blanket on August 04, 2018, 05:31:14 PM
...I heard the pantomime they did was a bit bobbins but never saw that.

Aye, that was the worst thing that the League ever did, in my opinion.  I get what they were going for but it just ends up being every bit as crummy as your average Blackpool pantomime.

Malcy

Still undecided about going. I left it too late for good seats and don't want to shell out almost £50 to not be able to see anything.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on August 08, 2018, 04:28:47 PM
Still undecided about going. I left it too late for good seats and don't want to shell out almost £50 to not be able to see anything.

Buy a pair of those fancy little opera binoculars and enjoy the show in style.

Malcy

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 08, 2018, 04:53:20 PM

Not a bad idea.

Clownbaby

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 08, 2018, 04:53:20 PM

I'm defo doing that

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on August 08, 2018, 05:54:48 PM
Not a bad idea.

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 08, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
I'm defo doing that

For extra class and sophistication, buy a pair that comes with a little handle attachment.

Lewman

Best night I've ever had. Amazing show and such humble people :)

Clownbaby

Aw you met them! I'd be too shy to meet them probably

CaledonianGonzo

Not often you heard Reece described as humble.

Clownbaby

her?

Ooo has the tour started already then? Is it new material or a greatest hits type thing?

Clownbaby

Quote from: her? on August 10, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
Ooo has the tour started already then? Is it new material or a greatest hits type thing?

I'm not sure, I've looked it up and there isn't much about what it'll be, I just dived on the tickets to be honest

zomgmouse

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 10, 2018, 12:38:21 PM
Aw you met them! I'd be too shy to meet them probably

Yeah tell us about that! Was it like stage door stuff or did they stay in the theatre or what

Bobby Treetops

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 03, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
I didn't even know the lads were coming to Carlisle, drove past the Sands Centre about an hour ago and saw League Of Gentlemen Live up on the digital banner, proper nashed in there and got 2 tickets! Weird as well because I haven't watched it in about a year and had a whim to watch it this morning so I was just thinking "I love The League Of gentlemen it's great" when I saw it's on at the fuckin Sands! Makes up for not being able to catch Limmy at The Fringe.

So chuffed. The League Of Gentlemen is my childhood. Chuff levels through the roof DOLE SCUM

Daniel O'Donnell seemed to play the Sands Centre every week when I lived up there. Although I do remember the Wonder Stuff playing there once, who were equally as shit but in a different way.

Carlisle is coming up in the world.

St_Eddie

I'm off to see this on Monday.  Can't wait!

I'm insanely jealous that you got to meet the boys, Lewman.  How did that come about?

Quote from: her? on August 10, 2018, 01:43:30 PM
Is it new material or a greatest hits type thing?

This is what I'd like to know too.

another Mr. Lizard

12 LP 'Vinyl Cuts' box set just announced. Radio show, audio of the tv series, and a Creme Brûlée 7" single.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DemonMusicGroup/status/1027970069580668930

magval

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on August 10, 2018, 08:10:32 PM
12 LP 'Vinyl Cuts' box set just announced. Radio show, audio of the tv series, and a Creme Brûlée 7" single.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DemonMusicGroup/status/1027970069580668930

Hundred and forty quid though. I'd have bought the radio series in a heartbeat but not so enthused about having the TV show in an audio-only format, no matter how lovely the packaging.

her?

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 10, 2018, 01:50:10 PM
I'm not sure, I've looked it up and there isn't much about what it'll be, I just dived on the tickets to be honest

Just found an interview with Gatiss where he says, "We're doing some old favourites and some new stuff and some sort of sequels from the three specials. There are some storylines that do continue from where we left them last Christmas."

That'll do for me!

St_Eddie

Quote from: her? on August 11, 2018, 01:59:44 PM
Just found an interview with Gatiss where he says, "We're doing some old favourites and some new stuff and some sort of sequels from the three specials. There are some storylines that do continue from where we left them last Christmas."

That'll do for me!

Fingers crossed for a proper conclusion to the "Justin, Justin.  My very own Justin" subplot.

Either way, I'll do my best to remember the characters and sketches come Monday and let you all know.

Clownbaby

Quote from: her? on August 11, 2018, 01:59:44 PM

That'll do for me!

Sweet, that sounds exactly like what I hoped it would end up being, I'm chuffed now!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: magval on August 11, 2018, 08:48:05 AM
Hundred and forty quid though. I'd have bought the radio series in a heartbeat but not so enthused about having the TV show in an audio-only format, no matter how lovely the packaging.

The records are going to be released individually once the box set has sold out, apparently.