Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best 12" Versions

Started by DrGreggles, August 05, 2018, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

buzby

ZIP* - Give It To Me (Extended) - the B-side to the only release by Pete Shelley's short-lived side project ZIP (a previous version had also been used as the B-side to Shelley's Never Again single). It also formed the basis for his theme music for Channel 4's Tour de France coverage

Rachel Stevens - Some Girls (Richard X Extened Mix)

More lovely 1981 goodness from Pete Shelley, produced by Martin Rushent sounding very Italo disco/proto house.

Witness The Change/I Don't Know What It Is (dub)

https://youtu.be/_t36ede0vGs

RicoMNKN

Does Pet Shop Boys' Introspective count as a 12" album?  If so, that.

holyzombiejesus

Even though I laugh at the band nowadays, I used to have a lot of time for some of the remixes of Primal Scream's Higher Than The Sun. I can't work out which are remixes and which is the 'original' any more though. Is the remix included on Screamadelica?

buzby

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 25, 2018, 03:15:07 PM
Even though I laugh at the band nowadays, I used to have a lot of time for some of the remixes of Primal Scream's Higher Than The Sun. I can't work out which are remixes and which is the 'original' any more though. Is the remix included on Screamadelica?
Screamadelica has the single edit of the The Orb mix (which was released as the A-side of the 7! single) and Weatherall's 'Dub Symphony In Two Parts' mix which was released on the A-side of the remix 12". The full length 6:43 version of The Orb mix was the regular 12" A-side, and a different 5-minute edit of it was used as the B-side for the remix 12". Weatherall's American Spring mix was used on the B-sides for the 7" and standard 12" releases

The original pre-Orb version was released on the B-side of the Burning Wheel single in 1997.