Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Aphex Twin - Collapse EP

Started by momatt, August 06, 2018, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: the on March 25, 2019, 01:23:38 AM
Well he wasn't really, he was still making stuff, playing live, and releasing under other names like The Tuss and (likely) Steinvord.

Interesting, I'd never heard of Steinvord before but on checking some of it out now ('Backyard' and 'Maelstrom') the style, textures & drum samples sound pretty much identical to 'Go Plastic' era Squarepusher.

imitationleather

During that period I was very into other electronic artists so I didn't really notice that he was gone that much. I think I mainly thought it was unlikely he'd produce anything of a very high standard again. Was happy to be proved wrong on that one!

the

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on March 25, 2019, 01:53:10 AMInteresting, I'd never heard of Steinvord before but on checking some of it out now ('Backyard' and 'Maelstrom') the style, textures & drum samples sound pretty much identical to 'Go Plastic' era Squarepusher.

The popular theory is that it's a Squarepusher/AFX collaboration. Unconfirmed.

This vid has every track put out under the name.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: the on March 25, 2019, 02:00:45 AM
The popular theory is that it's a Squarepusher/AFX collaboration. Unconfirmed.

This vid has every track put out under the name.

Thanks the.  Some of those tracks do have more of a Drukqs sound going on.  Perhaps it's really just a compilation of Aphex & Squarepusher album offcuts.