Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,351
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Paladins - another game that makes me feel old

Started by Kelvin, August 06, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I just don't get it. I know I'm 35. I know I'm no longer with it, I know I spend 90% of my gaming time playing baby games on baby consoles, I know I don't watch 23 hours of twitch every day.

But is it really too much for even a basic tutorial in a game nowadays? I have literally no idea what I'm doing. I just walk around Harry Potter Land like my shoes are caked in syrup, and shoot laser beam at the red people. It's shite.

Boston Crab, you keep saying it's good. What am I missing?

Keep trying different characters til one clicks with you. It's a team based shooter so stick with your team, generally. If you play Frontline, get on the front line and start shielding your pals. If you play Support, make sure you stay close and heal everyone. If you play Flank, try causing big damage from different angles. I've never really played those kind of competitive shooter before but both Cassie and Koga clicked with me, fast, massive damage and a bit lightweight!

Whoever you play as, have a good look at their various specials and basically use them all the time. Don't hold back, everything is on a cooldown but if you have a shield, for example, someone will always need shielding, etc. If you have a missile attack, use it.

There's obviously a lot of strategy and stuff but you'll only learn how to best use your specials with practice. My advice at first is pick a Damage character and stick with the team and do some damn damage. You'll start to feel some success.

Certain characters I just don't like at all and the game seems shit and frustrating but keep rotating til someone feels like you want to play with them a bit more.