Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The coolest thing in all the world when you were aged eleven

Started by Neomod, August 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Never got my hands on a pair of these and that made them all the more desirable. They were 80 odd quid in 1990 which is €175.00 in today's money. Was obsessed with them for one summer.

nedthemumbler

Blink 182?  Maybe that came later.

Excessive amounts of wet look hair gel and only using one strap of a rucksack.

Dex Sawash

idunnosomename

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 07, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
look at those dinky lascannons!

oh god is that a rogue trader era land raider. oh NO

fuck everything in this thread. its all landfill garbage

Goldentony

Four 30 plus year old men and their mate who'd go around telling people to suck their cocks while dressed like they're off for a pint at a pub that's near a roundabout a few miles out of town

Attila

Star Wars came out when I was 11 -- it was cool, exciting, cowboys in space, and none of the baggage it's accumulated in the 40 years since. Just a load of fun to see and to re-enact in the woods behind my house and that. The other super-cool film that summer was Smokey and the Bandit, made even cooler when my brother came home with black Trans-am and took me for rides in it.

pancreas

ASFTSN

Anything I post in this thread will still be the coolest thing to me aged 33.

petril

flykicks. launching yourself through the air and connecting feet first with someone

magval

doppelkorn

Jamiroquai
Adidas Predators
Being able to draw really good Nike ticks on your homework diary

BeardFaceMan

kittens

went to legoland on my 11th birthday. will probably never be that happy again.

ZoyzaSorris

Xenon 2 on the Atari ST. When Id just turned 11 loads of slightly older girls lined up at a party where I was the only boy and forced me to kiss their chest areas, that could have been really cool but in reality just scarred me I reckon. When at 14 i suggested we all did it again they told me to fuck off back to my Space Orks.

hedgehog90

studpuppet

A friend of mine got the first ever melody alarm digital watch. And better than that, the melody was same as the General Lee's horn from the Dukes Of Hazzard. (Actually it was 'Dixie' and he had to remember to stop it after the first few notes, but it was still way cool.)

buzby

Quote from: studpuppet on August 08, 2018, 10:52:26 AM
A friend of mine got the first ever melody alarm digital watch. And better than that, the melody was same as the General Lee's horn from the Dukes Of Hazzard. (Actually it was 'Dixie' and he had to remember to stop it after the first few notes, but it was still way cool.)
That 'Dixie' alarm tune can be heard on the mix of Rock The Casbah from Combat Rock - Mick Jones had one of those watches and recorded it during the session (it was mixed out on the single version though).

Small Man Big Horse

Which was the first games magazine I remember reading with a sense of humour. I was a bit obsessive around that time and had a subscription, and when it was due to come out I'd spend an hour staring out of the window waiting for the postman to arrive, and was overjoyed if the magazine turned up. I was also bullied a bit at that age (unsurprisingly) but I remember the only time I was furious about it was when some twat ripped my copy when I was reading it one lunchtime. He's later became a crack cocaine and heroin dealer and ended up in prison, which pleases. No one fucks with Zzap 64. No one.

Also, for obvious reasons:

Clownbaby

I thought Muse were really really good, and practically every item of clothing I owned had Jack Skellington on it

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Chollis on August 07, 2018, 07:05:24 PM

My cousin had this. It took about ten minutes to pump up and then shot its entire load in a split second.

studpuppet

Quote from: buzby on August 08, 2018, 11:54:03 AM
That 'Dixie' alarm tune can be heard on the mix of Rock The Casbah from Combat Rock - Mick Jones had one of those watches and recorded it during the session (it was mixed out on the single version though).

Yeah - but we weren't listening to the The Clash by then. Not since The Jam's 'Absolute Beginners' knocked 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier' of the top of the Capital Hitline after 68 solid months at the top,

Paul Calf