Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2018 Final Info - !!!

Started by selectivememory, August 09, 2018, 12:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

So here we are then. First things first, the official semi-final results:

Spoon of Ploff def ziggy starbucks (14-13)
Crabwalk def Pdine (18-3)

So now we have a contest between the 2012 champion, and last year's runner-up.

Crabwalk to serve. Since Pdine has conceded a few hours early, your 72 hours will begin at the end of the 48-hour voting period of that match - so the shot will be due around 4.30 pm on Sunday. Just starting this thread now as I might not be in later on to do it. 

Best of luck, both!

selectivememory

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

Crabwalk

Johnny Yesno

If anyone's interested, these are my shots of the tournament, roughly in the order in which they were posted:

Round 1

Poisson Du Jour

Spoon of Ploff

Cerys

Nagsworth

Round 2

Absorb the anus burn

Small Man Big Horse

Crabwalk

Poisson Du Jour

Quarter final

Pdine

Madhair

Crabwalk

Spoon of Ploff

Ziggy Starbucks

Semi final

Spoon of Ploff

Pdine

Crabwalk

Shoulders?-Stomach!

alan nagsworth

Yeah, it's been a belter. I'm glad I properly got back into it this year.

Hecate

I've a probably unfair suspicion that she may have been working on that mighty backhand aforehand, but either way Ceryseses "I Bagpvss" is wall-worthy.
I've also recently discovered that she named her pet snake pepperoni so she can have my babies and do whatever she wants with them.

Cerys

Totally unfair suspicion - I'd been working on Breaking Bod before I realised someone else got there first

Johnny Yesno

I'd be interested to know how you did I BAGPVSS, if you don't mind sharing, Cerys.

Cerys

No problem - I took a source I Clavdivs image, recoloured a few tiles from it, and used them to mosaicify a source Bagpuss image.  It was time-consuming rather than anything else.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on September 01, 2018, 05:07:47 PM
No problem - I took a source I Clavdivs image, recoloured a few tiles from it, and used them to mosaicify a source Bagpuss image.  It was time-consuming rather than anything else.

Do you mean you used the tiles a texture map on the Bagpuss image, or did you copy and colour sections of mosaic and arrange them into a Bagpuss shape?

BlodwynPig

Cerys

I see what you did there.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 01, 2018, 11:27:33 PM
Do you mean you used the tiles a texture map on the Bagpuss image, or did you copy and colour sections of mosaic and arrange them into a Bagpuss shape?

The second one.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on September 02, 2018, 12:49:15 AM
The second one.

Blimey! I see why that would have been time-consuming. Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

Cerys

We aim to get knocked out in Round Two please.

ziggy starbucks

well worth the effort Cerys, it is a masterpiece

Crabwalk

Agreed. My favourite shot of the tournament.

Cerys

My head has now expanded to a size which makes it impossible to leave my office.  Please send help.

Seriously, though - I love you guys.  Thankyou.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Cerys on September 02, 2018, 09:25:32 AM
get knocked out in Round Two

I can't help but feel partly responsible for this, but yes I BAGPVSS is such a glorious shot that for me would have won any round of WimbleWrong, and works as a standalone image outside of the game as well. I'd love a poster of this for m'kitchen wall but I imagine those bastards at the BBn'C would sue... twice!

Do any of you good folk do this kind of 'shopping outside of WimbleWrong?