Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

£0.4m swing between my transfer outs and ins just overnight.

Feels like the price dynamism is getting a bit ridiculous over the last couple of years

koeman

I'm rock bottom of the bloody league. 51st. And I'm sure last time I checked there were only 50 teams in it.

Ferris

Quote from: phes on December 03, 2018, 11:23:47 AM

Feels like the price dynamism is getting a bit ridiculous over the last couple of years

Same - I dropped from 102.1m to 101.7m. What happened?!

phes

Price Changes - 1st December 2018

🔺  Paterson (5.3), Morata (8.8), Martial (7.7), Jiménez (6.0)

🔻  Özil (8.2), Barkley (5.8), Mahrez (8.5), Mendy (6.2), Lamela (6.3), Lucas Moura (7.0), Seri (5.2), Mawson (4.8)

Price Changes - 2nd December 2018

🔺  Sterling (11.5), Camarasa (4.6)

🔻  Hazard (11.0), Diabaté (4.6), Hoedt (4.3), Pereyra (6.3), Masuaku (4.3), Grant (4.9), Amos (4.3)

Price Changes - 3rd December 2018

🔺  Aubameyang (11.0), Pereira (5.1), Alexander-Arnold (5.3), Sané (9.4), Kane (12.4), Felipe Anderson (7.1)

🔻  Schelotto (3.8), Agüero (11.4), McNeil (4.4)

Morata rising a couple of days back is a funny one

phes

I surveyed the upcoming carnage and decided my free hit might be better deployed now than in a DGW. I discovered that if you play a free hit after making transfers that your team reverts back to the team at the last deadline, prior to the transfers.  So I just lost about £1m team value by playing it

Bit of a fuck up there!

koeman

Quote from: koeman on December 03, 2018, 12:18:45 PM
I'm rock bottom of the bloody league. 51st. And I'm sure last time I checked there were only 50 teams in it.

I've gone down to 52nd.

Crabwalk

Quote from: phes on December 05, 2018, 10:21:25 AM
I surveyed the upcoming carnage and decided my free hit might be better deployed now than in a DGW. I discovered that if you play a free hit after making transfers that your team reverts back to the team at the last deadline, prior to the transfers.  So I just lost about £1m team value by playing it

Bit of a fuck up there!

219th now! Absolutely astounding.

And 4 GW transfers??? Bold move!

phes

My Free hit cancelled my transfers.

It turned out to be a good move for me as my GW 14 team and captain choice would have scored about 40-45, so 30-35 additional points for a FH chip seems successful, I think ?!? It was a surprisingly high scoring game week given what a disaster it was re benchings and injuries

This week the hits are coming. Either -8 or -12. And I'll likely drop down towards 1K

Should be another mad gameweek. Always impossible to call what's going to happen when big, high ownership teams come up against each other (CHE MCI).

phes

SUPERMANGOS team makes me nervous. So much more efficient use of funds than my own with laporte, TAA, Fraser and Richarlison, meaning Kane is in. Worried

Ferris

I was talked out of captaining Salah by a guy in my work league last night. "Aubameyang is your guy". Gah!

It looks like he talked everybody else out of it too (including himself), but I'm still furious. There will be words on Monday morning!

Ultramagnetic

Then imagine how I must feel.

I triple-captained Aubameyang.

phes

Miserable week for me but no complaints, you can't win them all.

I've gone for a city triple up in midfield. Hopefully it'll be fairly low maintenance over Christmas and New Year. Chucking Fraser and Richarlison continues to bite me in the arse several weeks on and the £1.5m advantage those who kept hold of them have is going to take its toll if they keep performing. My team is starting to look thin on the ground and signs are ominous

If City are ever going to hammer someone 10-1 I'd really love it to be this week.

bgmnts

88 points. Probably highest i'll get all season. Gutted I swapped out Pipsqueak Perez for Big Mitro.

phes

I'm looking at mids and putting aside fixtures the optimal mid looks to be Fraser, Rich, Salah, Sterling. I couldn't really be much further from it atm

I also own Big ALEKS. How can you not have love for this man. I look forward to watching... OH FSS GET OUT OF MY WAY .... KER-FUCK-THUMPPPPPP... the ball rip through the next repeatedly in coming weeks

EOLAN

Did my Wildcard this week. Not the best time to bring Kane in.
Didn't have Salah so was a mediocre weekend. Got rid of Kante (and Hazard - who I planned to buy back after a low points against Man City) but was kind of offset with Torreira and Richarlison being bought in and getting on the score-sheet.

Chollis

Big points this week. Played my wildcard and made long overdue additions of Alisson and Robertson. Not really sure why I waited so long, they'll be consistent bankers throughout the season. Captain Salah starting to repay the faith now, he's gone up a gear in the last few games. Taking out Richarlison a while back continues to haunt me.

holyzombiejesus

Really glad I sold Salah last week :( Should have got rid of Mane instead. Thought that Liverpool's upcoming tricky spell of fixtures would count against them, it might still do, but it's hard to think of any of my current team having any likelihood of a hat-trick. Got below average for the last 2 or 3 weeks now and have gone from top of all my leagues and (I think) top 20,000 worldwide to below 1,000,000th. No sign of it abating either. At least I fucked off Danny Ings.

Ferris

81 this week, could have hit the ton if I captained salah.

Cheeky 2 assists from Pereyra though so can't complain really!

The Lurker

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 11, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
81 this week, could have hit the ton if I captained salah.

Cheeky 2 assists from Pereyra though so can't complain really!

I got 81 points and I captained Salah! I was considering triple captaining him too. Would have got a few extra points had Sigurdsson thought it was a good idea to score his penalty. Still, at least I managed to qualify for the cup next week

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 16, 2018, 02:51:17 PM
Like fucking clockwork.

It's a shit business

I continue my gradual slide :(

Ferris

Aubameyang has done a real job for me there.

The job being to FUCK ME OFF massively.

bgmnts

Shaqiri should get me a good point haul.

Lost Oliver

What do we think lads, do I get rid of Hazard and Alonso for a below par defender and Salah?

Ferris

Quote from: Lost Oliver on December 18, 2018, 07:51:48 AM
What do we think lads, do I get rid of Hazard and Alonso for a below par defender and Salah?

Yeah you can get some decent cheapo defenders in.

Ferris

Quote from: phes on December 03, 2018, 11:23:47 AM

103.7m now, up from 102.2 a week or 2 before. It's all over the place.

Ferris

Salah (c), Van Dijk, Alisson.

41 points in the bag and we're only a game in, with bonus points to award. Delighted.

Edit: Make that 48 points total. 8 players to go!

bgmnts

Salah, Robertson and Shaqiri.

Only 28 points. Shaqiri is annoying because usually when he does play he gets some points, it's just sporadic.

Crabwalk

I got pissed up after work and missed the deadline, having planning to do Hennessey to Fabianski all week.

Don't end up like me, kids. A washed up old FPL hasbeen.