Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Sold Aubemeyang  to buy and captain the one point Aguero.
Double goalscorer Brooks my first substitute but Torreira's introduction as a sub looks like I won't get his point haul.
Van Dijk going to be half my points total on own.

I can get within 20 points of phes if Kane performs well tonight.

phes

I think if I'd made absolutely no transfers in recent weeks I'd probably be doing better, but as usual I get bored and just can't help myself meddling like a twat and splurging loads of transfers on fun, new, shiny things.

Ferris

Can't stop tinkering. Curse my thumbs.

Need Felipe to get a good haul today to keep up in my work league - I was first, now I'm in a close heat for second and that is unacceptable.

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46696329

I think this is a decent idea myself. Clubs lose revenue, everyone is punished. Hopefully it would stamp out a bit of racism.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on December 27, 2018, 04:00:25 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46696329

I think this is a decent idea myself. Clubs lose revenue, everyone is punished. Hopefully it would stamp out a bit of racism.

I agree - stick it in the regular footy thread cos it's a good point and that thread is a lot more active.

phes

Great work the team now in first place. I've had a dreadful time of late but you must've been racking up some very impressive scores to eat up my lead so rapidly!

I've doubled down on being an interfering bastard and wildcarded

Catpain Auyamabang today!

bgmnts

16 points on the bench. Fuck sake.

Ferris

84 with Salah still to go. Doing alright here!

boki

Quote from: bgmnts on January 02, 2019, 09:58:33 PM
16 points on the bench. Fuck sake.
Know that pain well.  Only two of my subs even played last gameweek and they got 17 between them, absolutely annihilating the efforts of the more expensive defenders that I fielded.  They had stinkers this week, though, so I was right to let 'em rot.

EOLAN

My first sub is on -3 points; so hoping all my guys make an appearance tonight. Usually have the opposite hope with my first sub regularly a top scorer.

EOLAN

I need to go back through my history of selling players, as they always seem to go on to have a starring week just after I get rid of them.

Bought in Pogba for Sané, and gave Pogba the captain's armband away from Kane. Cost me a nice 16 points.

If anyone wants inside info on who I am selling after the FA Cup break feel free to PM me.

holyzombiejesus

Who are you swapping Son for?

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 12, 2019, 08:03:59 PM
Who are you swapping Son for?

Aubameyang and Son gone, Kane and Silva in.

Arsenal's next few fixtures look like a disaster and Kane is back in form.

holyzombiejesus

Kane's injury must change a few people's plans. Who plays up front for Spurs when he doesn't?

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 15, 2019, 07:06:08 PM
Kane's injury must change a few people's plans. Who plays up front for Spurs when he doesn't?

Llorente I assume.

I just brought Kane in, took the -4 point hit, heard he was injured, now I've had to have a shuffle so my free hit is gone already. Fucks sake.

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 15, 2019, 07:52:24 PM
Can't you use ^that^?

Ooh does it?! That would be nice. I hope that's the case!

Lost Oliver

First Newcastle game I've seen in years I've been excited by.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 15, 2019, 08:00:27 PM
Ooh does it?! That would be nice. I hope that's the case!

It'd mean using up your free hit and I'm not sure how it works but Phes might be able to explain.

phes

Yes, for example if you play your free hit for GW 23 you make up to 15 free transfers and then the following week your team will return to the 15 players you had locked in for GW22 deadline, so any transfers you have made after that point are scrapped, along with any gains/losses in value associated with those

Ferris

Ohh my free hit is gone already because I wanted to tinker.

I went a bit mad having already used my two free transfers before Kane's injury, took the -12 and bought in Aguero, Sterling and Laporte for Kane, Hazard and Kalosinac. I've only gone over the limit once all season, but didn't want to use chips and if city spank Huddersfield I'll get away with it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lost Oliver on January 15, 2019, 08:13:53 PM
First Newcastle game I've seen in years I've been excited by.

Wrong thread, but im not even sure Newcastle FC chat belongs in the correct thread. Try deso thread

holyzombiejesus

Talking of Newcastle, the top scoring team (so far) this week had Lascelles (11 points) and Schar (21 points) on the bench. Bet he's glad he used his bench boost. Is 21 points the highest score for a defender this season?

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 20, 2019, 06:34:38 PM
Talking of Newcastle, the top scoring team (so far) this week had Lascelles (11 points) and Schar (21 points) on the bench. Bet he's glad he used his bench boost. Is 21 points the highest score for a defender this season?

It might the highest score for a player full stop. I know Sterling had some 20pt weeks earlier in the season?

Meanwhile, my keeper and 4 fullbacks combined for an impressive 4 points this week. Excellent work, lads.

Ferris

Phwoarr I've really put the hex on Digne - he's been worth -3 points across 2 weeks since I brought him in.

Double game week for man city - triple captain augero? Tough decision here.

bgmnts

Fuckin hell. Mitro AND Jiminez with a brace each.

22 points from three players. 6 more to play.

Ferris

I triple-captained aguero. Decision made.

Lost Oliver

Do I get Mendy in for the double game week?