Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabrielconroy

Having 18 points on the bench for Jimenez and Doherty is quite painful. Have to go against my instincts and hope my two Chelsea defenders give Bournemouth an absolute rollicking.

holyzombiejesus

Has anyone bought Son back yet?

Crabwalk

^ If he starts tonight and doesn't look too tired I'll think about it. Great fixtures.

gabrielconroy

I think he'll almost certainly be on the bench. He said he felt "physically empty" at the Asia Cup and is clearly completely exhausted, having played in two back to back PL seasons with the WC, Asian Games and Asia Cup all thrown in for good measure.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: gabrielconroy on January 30, 2019, 11:08:17 AM
Having 18 points on the bench for Jimenez and Doherty is quite painful. Have to go against my instincts and hope my two Chelsea defenders give Bournemouth an absolute rollicking.

I've got you in the H2H this week so am desperately hoping that Lamela or Alonso come on for the last 5 minutes.

im barry bethel

£9.5m for Higuaín is a bit of a joke, Crouch at £4.5 will have to do for my bargain 10 goals

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 30, 2019, 12:08:20 AM
I triple-captained aguero. Decision made.

51 points for him already, with an away fixture at Everton to play. I'm assuming he'll start because they need to keep the pressure on and keep winning.

Good week, might break the 100. Will make up for my shocking performance last round.

The Lurker

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 30, 2019, 12:08:20 AM
I triple-captained aguero. Decision made.

I did exactly the same. Going to be pretty smug if he notches tomorrow.

Ferris

Quote from: The Lurker on February 04, 2019, 10:11:58 PM
I did exactly the same. Going to be pretty smug if he notches tomorrow.

Good man. I'm already smug, but my wife doesn't care and my son just shits his diaper in response* so a bit underwhelming.

*28 years old, he is

holyzombiejesus

gabcon's triple captained Sane and has Aguero as vice (triple) captain....

I've not used any of my bonus cards yet and really regret not clicking when my finger was hovering over the triple captain button on Friday night. Is it possible to use more than one (free hit & bench boost) in the same week?

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 04, 2019, 10:45:53 PM

I've not used any of my bonus cards yet and really regret not clicking when my finger was hovering over the triple captain button on Friday night. Is it possible to use more than one (free hit & bench boost) in the same week?

No, only one boost per week I think

gabrielconroy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 04, 2019, 10:45:53 PM

Yes, it's fair to say that's turned out annoyingly so far. It'll probably be better for me if Sane stubs his toe getting off the bus.

bgmnts

Bought the bullet and bought Rashford, the fucking manc cunt.

Expecting a decent week next week.

Crabwalk

Quote from: gabrielconroy on February 06, 2019, 01:51:37 PM
Yes, it's fair to say that's turned out annoyingly so far. It'll probably be better for me if Sane stubs his toe getting off the bus.

Sane will get 10+ points tonight.

Ferris

If a triple-captained aguero and stones can get 21 points I go top of the work league, so there's something for everyone to hope for.

Crabwalk

Ferris

Just the 57 for aguero. A few bonus points wouldn't go amiss though. Be nice to get over 60 with him.

Lost Oliver

Hardly any players this week, what do I do? Lose a point on Aguero and get Firmino?

phes

Urgh I've completely lost track of this. Made a few last minute transfers some weeks but without checking anything or doing any research. Captain coasting week after week on a benched player. Got to learn to not just give up or piss it all up the wall when I hit 40 points

Ferris

Quote from: Lost Oliver on March 15, 2019, 09:48:20 AM
Hardly any players this week, what do I do? Lose a point on Aguero and get Firmino?

I'm fielding a 7-man team this week. Whoops!

Lost Oliver

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 15, 2019, 10:05:50 AM
I'm fielding a 7-man team this week. Whoops!

Six for me. But I'm banking on a double game week soon. There's gotta be one right?

Ferris

Quote from: Lost Oliver on March 15, 2019, 10:34:30 AM
Six for me. But I'm banking on a double game week soon. There's gotta be one right?

...yes? To be honest, at this point in the season I'm running out of steam.

I had a good run at my work league and will finish top 3 without too much hassle - that's all I needed from the year really

Morrison Lard

Edit: Wrong football thread.
Worra dick.

EOLAN

Bit late - but did have one of my better weeks last time out. Even though my defence; which is usually my strong point only managed to get five points, having Sterling as captain and a few other strong midfield performers helped me out. probably use my Free Hit or Wild Card (whichever allows me just team for the week). Still just competing for the Everton Cup across my various leagues.

Ferris

Joshua King saving me from an embarrassing week.

Pulled the trigger on th bench boost for next week. Last boost I have.

Heating up at the end of the season, promises fireworks etc.

Crabwalk

Planned for this week very carefully and got 11 out with no hits.

Blanks from every single player bar a clean sheet from Digne. Well worth the effort.

EOLAN

Played my free hit this week. Got Mané in as captain saved me and joint top score in my work league. Getting in a trio of West Ham defenders didn't quite work out as I hoped though.
Also; having a really bad time of penalties of late. 3 out of last 4 my players had missed; including a captaincy on Pogba; effectively a 26 point turnaround not to mention potential bonus points that could have been gathered as well. 

Ferris

Shit... did I remember?

*checks squad*

Aguero captain. Lovely stuff. Let's hope the bench boost can get me over the line and back into first place in the work league. I'd like a top 6 finish in the CaB league but that may be a fading dream now