Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 17, 2019, 12:44:10 AM
Joshua King saving me from an embarrassing week.

Pulled the trigger on th bench boost for next week. Last boost I have.

Heating up at the end of the season, promises fireworks etc.

Just checked my squad, the bench boost doesn't seem to have activated (or rather, seems to have deactivated itself).

"Apoplectic" would be putting it mildly.

My lawyers are in contact with FIFA and I've reached out to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. This injustice must not stand.

I'm top for the first ever time.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Poisson Du Jour on April 21, 2019, 10:38:59 PM
I'm top for the first ever time.

And how!!... you ruddy, bloody bitch!

Ferris

Languishing mid table. Hopeless.

EOLAN

So who do ye all want me to curse for next week.
Last weekend; with double home games against Bournemouth and Cardiff I bought in Duffy to captain and Knockaert to try to close the gap to those above me. Now without being able to afford Sterling I bought in de Bruyne on a double game week and set him up as captain to see him limp off after 23 minutes.

Ferris

Quote from: EOLAN on April 23, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
So who do ye all want me to curse for next week.
Last weekend; with double home games against Bournemouth and Cardiff I bought in Duffy to captain and Knockaert to try to close the gap to those above me. Now without being able to afford Sterling I bought in de Bruyne on a double game week and set him up as captain to see him limp off after 23 minutes.

Hex on aguero and rashford pls.

I've had enough, just changing people at random now. Angling for a sacking and big payoff from the board

gabrielconroy

I've nearly got the highest GW score in the whole game! 134 at the moment. Think I would have been top if Arsenal hadn't scored since it robbed my clean sheet points from Doherty and Jota.

bgmnts

Fabianski - 6
Alonso - 6
Rondon - 11
Digne 12

35 points on my bench today. Fucksake.

Ferris

Left Rondon on the bench and all. Looked at his fixture when putting the names on the team sheet and thought "well, he's not going to do anything is he? Liverpool need the win and Newcastle nothing to play for"

How wrong I was.

Ferris

Well then. Good season - happy to have finished upper mid-table, and will negotiate a new deal with the chairman and the board over the summer. With the paltry resources at my disposal, I think we can all agree I've earned it.

I was aiming for 50 points per round, and actually did quite a bit better so I'm putting that down as a success.

Top players for me not named Salah or Aguero

1 - Milivojevic for Palace. Always handy for an assist and was their penalty taker as well.
2 - Fraser/King/Wilson for Bournemouth - terrific pickups, consistent returns, I was rotating them in more or less at random.
3 - Felipe for West Ham. Always had the stink of a player just about to go off the boil, but I sold him for a tidy profit before he went back to being shite. Nice bit of business.
4 - Alli was great for Spurs until his mate Magic Chin got injured.

Player of the season trophy goes to Alisson for his sheer consistency. Average 4.6 points per game and only cost 5.5m. Unbeatable value, for comparison Salah 6.8 ppg but was ~2.3x the price.

And that's all from me Clive - will see everyone next year

bgmnts

Aye Milivojevic was a point machine for Palace.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2019, 07:31:38 AM
Aye Milivojevic was a point machine for Palace.

Apart from the last three weeks of the seaosn, when I brought him in, Palace scored 8 goals, and he contributed nothing.

Pretty awful final day. Gambled on Pogba not having seen United play in a while. Had Salah not Mané. 47 points, down to 24k overall, from 16k. Finished 53 in my country, down from 32, very disappointing.

Won one of the CaB leagues though, incredible scenes. My top finish before this was 363k in 2012/13.

The only thing I did different was watch the FPL tips videos on YT, and sometimes take their advice, although often not, as the videos came out late - which leads to the other point, I made my transfers at the start of the week, rather than 30 minutes before the deadline. Does this help with price rises? Not sure. Seemed to. Can't wait until August to pick the starting squad again, that's the sweetest moment.

holyzombiejesus

Finished 15th in one C&B league and 11th in another. Solid 4th in the head to head. Finished in the top half million which is very disappointing considering I was in the top 2 thousand (and top of every single other league I was in) after the first 2 or 3 weeks. Final squad value of 105.2m.

I rue my failure to be more patient with Bournemouth players, fucking about with Salah, fannying about with Arsenal players and selling them the week before they scored, not buying Jimenez sooner and using my 1st wildcard in the 2nd week.

Crabwalk

Bad luck PDJ in being pipped, and well done to Gylfi Knowledge for a storming final day performance. A beautifully time triple captain helped Supermangoes take third spot. Mr Consistency.

If you're interested in analysing what went right and wrong, pop your FPL ID into this site and it'll give you a breakdown of your heroes and villains:

https://www.anewpla.net/fpl/report/index.php

On the final day I made a defensive transfer to secure first place in a cash league (which thankfully worked), but it affected my final rank a bit. Would've been nice to squeeze into the top 50k after two terrible seasons, but happy with a respectable rank and winning a few quid.

Finally, I'd just like to say 'fuck you, Shane Duffy' one final time.

Ferris

Quote from: Crabwalk on May 13, 2019, 11:58:05 AM
If you're interested in analysing what went right and wrong, pop your FPL ID into this site and it'll give you a breakdown of your heroes and villains:

https://www.anewpla.net/fpl/report/index.php

This is really good - thanks!

holyzombiejesus

Where's your FPL ID?

EDIT: Ah, got it.

Sgt. Duckie

Well done winner. Mid table nobscurity for me.

Enrico Palazzo

Is there a code to join a league this season? Seem to have lost all of the leagues I was a part of.