Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Having Salah in team and as captain is a bit boring. I have succumbed myself rather than keeping Mane as captain. With everyone else having him there no real relative joy or anger to Salah doing well.

Anyway, unless Stones scores six goals in next match I should have won my first CaB head to head.

Ferris

I think my clash with Bob Warman's War-room is going down to the wire. Nail biting stuff!

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 12, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
I think my clash with Bob Warman's War-room is going down to the wire. Nail biting stuff!

Going to lose it by 1 point. If Pascal Groß had played another 30 seconds I would have tied it up. Fucks sake.

holyzombiejesus

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 12, 2018, 07:21:17 PM
Going to lose it by 1 point. If Pascal Groß had played another 30 seconds I would have tied it up. Fucks sake.

Didn't he manage Fulham or Spurs in the 00's?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 12, 2018, 08:50:18 PM
Didn't he manage Fulham or Spurs in the 00's?

I'm too furious with Harry Kane to answer that.

gabrielconroy

Landed a sweet 96, but it would have been a sweet, sweet 102 if I hadn't benched Obi Wan-Bissaka in favour of fucking Tarkowski. Don't know what I was thinking, no matter how good Ivan's Childhood is.

phes

You and half the game. Frustratingly that was probably one of those correct incorrect decisions

Bench boost power was strong in week 1

EOLAN

Quote from: gabrielconroy on August 12, 2018, 11:07:31 PM
Landed a sweet 96, but it would have been a sweet, sweet 102 if I hadn't benched Obi Wan-Bissaka in favour of fucking Tarkowski. Don't know what I was thinking, no matter how good Ivan's Childhood is.

Well Tarkowski was hardly a flunk to keep on the bench. Lost the same amount of points by having Tarkowski on the bench rather than Shane Duffy (I do have a habit of loading up on cheap Burnley players and keeping them on the bench as they regularly out perform my starters. Pope v Courtois being main case last year). Have noticed quite a lot of Obi Wan-Bissaka on the bench in my work rivals League.

holyzombiejesus

I've been struck by how many people have used their bench boosts and triple captains already. Then again, I used my wildcard last night just to get in a Bournemouth defender and Southampton's keeper. People are tremendously sheep-like in this, aren't they? The amount of people transferring in Luke Shaw on Friday night was ridiculous. I think over half my (currently top 20,000 placed) team will have 50%+ ownership by the weekend.

gabrielconroy

I was very tempted to play the bench boost this week because there was the feel of a high scoring GW in the air. I didn't, though, because I like my risks to come about in a controlled manner.

The big decisions I have in the next two weeks is whether 1. I think Aguero is going to continue to start, or will be rotated for Jesus and 2. whether to trade Jota for Neves, or a double swap of Jota and Aguero.

It's also annoying as a Spurs fan that I can't really see the value in many Spurs players at the moment - Kane is clearly knackered, the full backs are likely to be rotated, is 9.5m Eriksen a better choice than Mane.

Great Satan

I think this year is Mane's best chance of breaking into the 180-200 range. I think Liverpool having a more well-balanced defence and midfield has freed him to focus even more on his finishing. There's always a chance he'll peter out and give way to Mount Salah again but it definitely won't hurt your team to have him instead of Eriksen, if Liverpool keep up their trick of absolutely hammering teams. Whether he'll end up outscoring De Bruyne, Sterling, etc, is another matter.

bgmnts

Do I go with Ake vs the hammers or Cork against Watford? Mid-table mulling here.

Will the irons bounce back and smash Bournemouth?

monkfromhavana

ive brought in erisen for son. also brought in Jorginho who i thik is gonna be a steal at 5 mil with Kante behind him.

EOLAN

Don't think I have ever paid four points for a transfer out. May save my transfer this week so I can do a double transfer following week for more flexibility (Eg sell expensive midfielder and cheap forward to get expensive forward and cheap midfielder).
Now to think about what players will regress to the mean and whose strong performances indicate that they could carry out good form.
On Mané vs Salah; wasn't Mané quicker out of the blocks for about the first month last year before Salah gradually became the main man. Anyway; definitely feel they won't have it as easy away to Palace.

phes

Who's blasted their transfer already then?

I did an absolutely classic rubbish transfer bringing in Jeffrey Schlupp for Tomkins. I'm not even going to play him so so could've just saved the transfer

Absolutely bilge transfer that one. Thankfully my team looks in full order for the weekend. Armband on Agueooooo

holyzombiejesus

Yeah, I've used my wildcard just to get rid of shitty £4 players and Jota and get slightly less shitty £4.5 players and Neves.

Did I mention I got 98 points?

phes

You used your wildcard to shuffle your bench?

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 17, 2018, 11:24:00 AMDid I mention I got 98 points?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on August 17, 2018, 11:49:13 AM
You used your wildcard to shuffle your bench?

Yeah. I, maybe wrongly, presumed that the £4 players who were getting game minutes would quickly see their value rise, if only to £4.1 and as I spent big on my main players, don't have any spare cash to ship out the non-playing £4 defenders and keeper and replace them without selling one of my main players. Have I been foolish? I can't see myself wanting to make wholesale changes for a while when the bulk of my team are big-hitters.

I got 98 points you know.

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 17, 2018, 12:43:57 PM
Yeah. I, maybe wrongly, presumed that the £4 players who were getting game minutes would quickly see their value rise, if only to £4.1 and as I spent big on my main players, don't have any spare cash to ship out the non-playing £4 defenders and keeper and replace them without selling one of my main players. Have I been foolish? I can't see myself wanting to make wholesale changes for a while when the bulk of my team are big-hitters.

I got 98 points you know.

Depends if you've made the right decisions. Might have been better off waiting for another round of matches, more info and would've given you 2 free transfers, so you could have done pretty major work for a -4 or -8. Conventional wisdom is that wildcards are not to be frittered on a whim. There is little actual good research into the value of wildcards and I'm convinced that often wildcard coveters will get very little from them or even damage their long term prospects.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on August 17, 2018, 12:58:57 PM
Depends if you've made the right decisions. Might have been better off waiting for another round of matches, more info and would've given you 2 free transfers, so you could have done pretty major work for a -4 or -8.

Daft thing is I'd already used my transfer. Ho hum.

Ferris

I'm going to regret not getting Neves, aren't I?

phes

I don't think so. Either he'll turn out to be an essential first 11 enabler in which case he'll be worth paying 5. whatever, or more likely he'll just turn out to be a decent first sub, in which case there's no rush anyway. I like him a lot but he's definitely in the monitor over 5 matches bracket for me, Clive

holyzombiejesus

When do price rises come in to effect? Won't all the players that have been heavily transferred in over the last 5 days have increases by next week?

I'm surprised that the likes of Richarlison, Neves and Wan-Bissakeare only on 20% ownership.

phes

They already have done. I think they happen in the wee hours of the morning most nights. Most players who did really well have already increased by .1, meaning no profit to be made in selling but they will cost you more to buy

This used to be the tool for estimating who's about to rise/drop but I'm not sure if it still is accurate. Head to the last pages for droppers

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/IndexAndroid2

Ferris

Richarlison was a big part of my squad last year but I'm unconvinced by this Everton setup so he's another one I'm watching. He'll rise in price and cost me a load before crashing and burning, of course.

EOLAN

Having the classic rooting fantasy football conundrum here watching Man City. Aguero is on my team but a lot of my rivals including my head to head opponent have him as captain. :(

Great Satan

Quote from: phes on August 10, 2018, 11:57:34 AM
Yes, is the short answer to that. The long answer is that injury free he will start 4/5 games alone or alongside Jesus. Out of the games he does miss, most of those will be fairly predictable. Times when you'd fully expect him to start and he doesn't will be few and far between. On those days fantasy football boards will be jammed with traffic. Managers with the armband on Aguero having a tantrum and managers who don't own him absolutely pissing themselves. Its a sight to behold, it's the dinoflagellate explosion of the fantasy football world

I was one of the numpties who didn't pick him, only because I have the (probably doomed) belief there won't be that much difference between him and Firmino in the long run. Hoping for a Salah-led goal fest tomorrow to save my blushes.

Definitely didn't bank on Pep not playing Sterling at fucking all.

monkfromhavana

bgmnts

Dropped around 15 places.

I love fantasy football.

Shaqiri is my secret weapon. I assume hardly anyone will have Shaqiri but I reckon he will get a goal or assist every othee game.