Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

Quote from: Great Satan on August 19, 2018, 11:10:40 PM
I was one of the numpties who didn't pick him, only because I have the (probably doomed) belief there won't be that much difference between him and Firmino in the long run. Hoping for a Salah-led goal fest tomorrow to save my blushes.

Definitely didn't bank on Pep not playing Sterling at fucking all.

You are probably not wrong about that. The problem is that Firmino will score steadily throughout the season whereas Aguero can score explosively. It was looking a bit like that time had passed last year on account of pep not really being one to rag his players for any more minutes than necessary, but here we are, another year another hatrick.

I own him as damage limitation but after initially planning to put the band on him rememberred that largely freeing myself of the time given to captain consideration and the burden of doubt around rotation/injury/minutes is basically the reason that I own a £13m midfielder and so I put it back on Salah. I need to hold firm through the very occasional whopping scores from premium towards if that's to pay off

Maybe you should just hold firm with Firmino and use the transfers you'd have been using on Aguero to tend to other parts of your team.

My tactic this year was to begin with as many premium forwards/mids as I could manage (Salah, Kun, Auber). I've had a fair start, my only major misjudgement was that Alonso's career as a fantasy footballer would be over. So last night I acted on that and done a formation change from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2 (before I got caught with a .2m price change not in my favour)

King and Schlupp ---> Alonso and Kamara

For a -4. Chelsea look utterly hopeless defensively but Sarri will work out why soon enough, and in the meantime Alonso has done more than enough I think to make him untouchable.

Blinder Data

Vardy is a plum. Captaining Aguero this week saved it from being a wipe-out for me.

Who's the best keeper then? De Gea doesn't look the same as last year, Courtois has gone. Pickford isn't doing it for me Clive

EOLAN

My head to head is a nail biter. 20 points behind. Have Mane as captain. My opponent has Wan Bissoko who got sent off. Both have Salah and other players should cancel each other out. Going by my driving home arithmetic it comes down to Mane's bonus points.

Ferris

Good week for my mid table side, up to the top half of mid table. Great to see, Clive.

Ferris

Brought Richarlison in - phew, just in time!

holyzombiejesus

I'm still top of all my leagues except for one and am currently in the top 5,000 (out of over 5 million) in the world. However, that will change this week having only got 42 points, with just Kante left to play. Concerned it may not be happening for Aubemayang but hesitant to sell him.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 26, 2018, 01:41:42 PM
I'm still top of all my leagues except for one and am currently in the top 5,000 (out of over 5 million) in the world. However, that will change this week having only got 42 points, with just Kante left to play. Concerned it may not be happening for Aubemayang but hesitant to sell him.

Don't worry. James Norwood '77

phes

Find myself in uncharted territory this year. Usually I made an average/weak start and use my wildcard in week 1, 2, or 3. This year i've not only made a decent enough start (~80,000 ish I think) but I have a successful template team.

So we're approaching the international break, considered by many as prime wildcard time. There's two obvious omissions from my team and that's the form Mane and the out-of-form but likely to hit form Kane, but the only badly misfiring player I own prime for trade is Aubameyang, and I plan to give him at least two more games because i'm convinced he'll come good. On-the-fringe omissions are a couple of other players such as Mitrovic, Wilson, Pererya etc.

I just don't see a justification for a WC to get those players in. I trust Aubemayang, I would be dropping my third Liverpool player (TAA) to accommodate Mane and TAA has scored 50% of Mane's score and his value is 50% of Mane's value. That doesn't really make sense as a standalone consideration. And if/when Kane does start to come good and at least becomes a consideration, the route to integrate him alongside Mane, Mitrovic, Salah and Aguero is inevitably going to look very similar to a reverse of the wildcard.

So what to I do. When do people play a wildcard if not during the first international break. Is there a prime time before Christmas, is it at Christmas? This may all be academic if Aubameyang blanks v Cardiff and I lose my shit.

I'm in the same position old chap and I buckled today, got rid of Aubameyang. Not scoring in the first three is understandable, but it seems like he's barely had a touch of the ball. Haven't seen a pitch map or anything, but it's been painful watching Arsenal so far. Cardiff and Newcastle don't look likely to be goal fests either. Gave me enough to bring in Alonso and Zaha without costing any points.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on August 27, 2018, 06:10:59 PM
Find myself in uncharted territory this year. Usually I made an average/weak start and use my wildcard in week 1, 2, or 3. This year i've not only made a decent enough start (~80,000 ish I think) but I have a successful template team.

So we're approaching the international break, considered by many as prime wildcard time. There's two obvious omissions from my team and that's the form Mane and the out-of-form but likely to hit form Kane, but the only badly misfiring player I own prime for trade is Aubameyang, and I plan to give him at least two more games because i'm convinced he'll come good. On-the-fringe omissions are a couple of other players such as Mitrovic, Wilson, Pererya etc.

I just don't see a justification for a WC to get those players in. I trust Aubemayang, I would be dropping my third Liverpool player (TAA) to accommodate Mane and TAA has scored 50% of Mane's score and his value is 50% of Mane's value. That doesn't really make sense as a standalone consideration. And if/when Kane does start to come good and at least becomes a consideration, the route to integrate him alongside Mane, Mitrovic, Salah and Aguero is inevitably going to look very similar to a reverse of the wildcard.

So what to I do. When do people play a wildcard if not during the first international break. Is there a prime time before Christmas, is it at Christmas? This may all be academic if Aubameyang blanks v Cardiff and I lose my shit.

How will you find the extra (at least) 1.6 to get Kane in for Aubemayang? I'm so tempted to jetison him now. I'd be hoping to get lucky with a cheaper striker but it'd mean I could bring Alonso in instead of some shitty £4er from Wolves. Is it worth keeping Richarlison for the duration of his ban? His price hasn't increased enough for it to affect my income and I'm not sure it would decrease in the next 3 weeks.

phes

Richarlison has already dropped by .1. It's difficult to predict how quickly he will drop because transfers made by wildcarders aren't factored into the equation that calculates rises/drops. So it depends how many non-WC'ers decide to ditch him. I am confident he will drop at least .2 further though. I have already replaced him. I could have just played Wan-Bissaka but give me an attacking player over a young Crystal Palace defender any day of the week.

Not sure if getting Kane in is even realistic tbh. I'm pretty much going to just captain Salah every week and save myself a headache so it lessens the appeal. When he rattles in a hatrick tonight i'll probably feel differently

holyzombiejesus

I think there's some value in the Arsenal squad. They've got a great run of games coming up and their midfield is packed with <£5 players.

EOLAN

Well looks like another thrilling head to head win for me.
Harry Kane's yellow card proving the difference between a one point defeat and my actual one point win.

Ferris

I've given up on Sessegnon. Not enough points for me, Clive. Swapped him in for Pedro because I reckon Chelsea will be alright this year, and an extra .1m which I will use... somewhere.

phes

Not expecting any significant rotation surprises today but really I live for Aguero getting benched on a day like this. Plenty of people loading the triple captain on him today and there is an excellent case for it with BB, Wildcard and Free Hit all possible options for double gameweeks

12 minutes until pandemonium?

Ferris

Bit of a wobble, played the wildcard. Alli - gone. Kane - gone. Too many spurs full backs - in.

Going to be a shit show.

phes

I hit the wildcard last week as could see six desirable changes, some great upcoming fixtures for promising players, and didn't feel convinced that the merits of keeping it would outweigh it. It's not an altogether different team but I have changed two or three significant players

Salah of course remains. There's a lot of people seeing benefits in freeing up money but I'm not playing hokey cokey with my free transfers trying to better the most consistent player in the game, on course for another huge year

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on August 27, 2018, 07:59:49 PM
I'm pretty much going to just captain Salah every week

Gah! What happened to this?

Ferris

Aguero captain for me. Wish me luck!

(Because my spurs gamble failed miserably)

phes

You and the entire game I'm afraid!

Plenty of Hazard cappers by the sound of it

Great Satan

How have I managed to assemble the best players and still fail miserably?

What is this?

phes

If that's the case then half the game will also be failing miserably!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Great Satan on September 15, 2018, 03:32:42 PM
How have I managed to assemble the best players and still fail miserably?

What is this?

The clue is in the name

Ferris

2 terrible weeks on the bounce. I'm hoping the board will publically back me because the pressure from the fans is intensifying.

holyzombiejesus

Yeah, this has been a pretty poor week for me. Don't want to be rash with my 2 non-performing Arsenal players but so tempted to sack them off and spend the money elsewhere. There are so many possibles but not many probables yet.

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 15, 2018, 03:05:51 PM
Gah! What happened to this?

Yeah Aguero too high risk atm

Decent week for me. 70+ with 2 to play. and Auber/Kamara ditched for Hazard/Wilson as part of Wildcard. Hitting the button looking justified atm but a Doherty clean sheet would seal it

gabrielconroy

I've had a decent week but should have gone the whole hog with my sell Salah -> Hazard and Alonso gamble and captained Hazard. Missed out on 20 sweet points by sticking with Aguero.

phes

Quote from: gabrielconroy on September 15, 2018, 10:59:53 PM
I've had a decent week but should have gone the whole hog with my sell Salah -> Hazard and Alonso gamble and captained Hazard. Missed out on 20 sweet points by sticking with Aguero.

Difference between owning both and capping one is only 11 points I think

gabrielconroy

Yeah, that's true. I exaggerated. Still, 11 points goes a long way. Not that it will last, but I'm currently inside the top 10k players worldwide, which I'm more chuffed about than I would have thought.

But with those 11 points, think how giddy a height I could have been at!

holyzombiejesus

Thinking of buying Lukaku, if only because I can see him rising in value as people jettison Aubemayang and Salah. Oh, I don't fucking know. I'm wary of buying players who have just done well that week and some of the mid priced players by their nature aren't very consistent. I really don't fucking know. Arsenal have a good run coming up but my two are doi g quite shit.