Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2018/19

Started by phes, August 09, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I've done well enough to stay 3rd in my work league. Have to stop mucking about now. Strong some results together.

phes

Quote from: gabrielconroy on September 15, 2018, 11:53:46 PM
Yeah, that's true. I exaggerated. Still, 11 points goes a long way. Not that it will last, but I'm currently inside the top 10k players worldwide, which I'm more chuffed about than I would have thought.

But with those 11 points, think how giddy a height I could have been at!

terrific position to be at, well done!

Sticking in that top 10K seems to be all about following their moves and not doing anything silly. I guess the question is what risks do you want to take?

My WC worked out well with a 90 point week. There will be many WC's in the coming weeks. So much movement and player prices will be very fluid

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: gabrielconroy on September 15, 2018, 11:53:46 PM
Yeah, that's true. I exaggerated. Still, 11 points goes a long way. Not that it will last, but I'm currently inside the top 10k players worldwide, which I'm more chuffed about than I would have thought.

But with those 11 points, think how giddy a height I could have been at!

You'll automatically be getting an extra 11 points when you get Josh King's points added on due to Mendy not playing. I guess most of the top 10,000 will bet getting points from subs due to the same player but it's still going to send you even higher. I'm down to stinking third :(

holyzombiejesus

Dunno whether to sell Mendy. Unknown return date and with Ings out, I'll be relying on my lesser players too much as it is. Won't be able to afford to buy him back though, will I?

phes

I'm benching and have AWB, Doherty and Hoijberg on the bench. Many are in the same situation

holyzombiejesus

So you don't think it's worth cashing in and getting someone like Laporte in instead?

gabrielconroy

This is my team at the moment. I've used my one transfer moving out Tarkowski for Holebas but I feel like I'm treading water a bit and should make a decisive play somehow. But what?!?!? Could captain Hazard obviously, but I also have a wildcard and 0.5 in the bank so I could feasibly go transfer crazy.

I know it's stupid but I'm riding high and feel like everyone else's team is going to start resembling this very soon. Maybe Kante out for a Wolves or Fulham gamble like Schurrle or Neves? That would involve trading down one of the defenders or a striker, basically.

bgmnts

Almost bottom now. So close I can taste it.

Mantle Retractor

QuoteAlmost bottom now. So close I can taste it.

I'm still rock bottom, and a stubborn refusal to change the slightest thing about my team may keep me there a while longer.

They're a great bunch of lads, Clive, they'll come good once they start stringing a few results together...

phes

Quote from: gabrielconroy on September 22, 2018, 02:09:41 AM
This is my team at the moment. I've used my one transfer moving out Tarkowski for Holebas but I feel like I'm treading water a bit and should make a decisive play somehow. But what?!?!? Could captain Hazard obviously, but I also have a wildcard and 0.5 in the bank so I could feasibly go transfer crazy.

I know it's stupid but I'm riding high and feel like everyone else's team is going to start resembling this very soon. Maybe Kante out for a Wolves or Fulham gamble like Schurrle or Neves? That would involve trading down one of the defenders or a striker, basically.

Yeah it's a decent team. I guess just keep fine tuning the bench and the Maddison/Moira/cheap strikers.

I would begin with Kante. Unnecessary amount of money tied up in a player you barely even want first on your bench given other bench options

Ferris

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on September 23, 2018, 02:24:47 PM
I'm still rock bottom, and a stubborn refusal to change the slightest thing about my team may keep me there a while longer.

They're a great bunch of lads, Clive, they'll come good once they start stringing a few results together...

Relegation fodder!

My lads will sit resolutely in the middle of the table, have an ok cup run, and I'll survive another year to grab myself a looovely big contract from the club.

Fans may not like it, but sometimes you have to look at a club realistically for me, Clive.

holyzombiejesus

I'm going to sell Mkhitaryan. Was thinking of getting either Fraser or Maddison in (a bit late, I know), or selling Kante or Neves too, taking the 4 point hit and getting both Fraser and Maddison in. I can't see Kante losing any value whereas I can picture players flogging Neves en masse.  Thoughts?

phes

Wouldn't take a hit for any of these moves but yeah, Mkhit, Kante and Neves would be on their way out of my team

Knockaert appears to be racking up the points of late and I think Brighton are a team with a big fixture turn in a few weeks!

holyzombiejesus

How come you've not got rid of Mendy? He's not likely to score that many points more than other City defenders is he and surely his value will start to decline whilst he's still 'injured'.

phes

His value has increased hugely. I can take a point or two drop and bench him and it's no problem. No reason to shift him if he's only out a couple of weeks. If it's an ongoing thing then guess I'll have to reconsider

He's a much bigger pointscorer than other city defenders

Ferris

Fuming at Sturridge scoring and taking away Alonso's clean sheet bonus. Last minute as well! Bastard.

Lost Oliver

Currently third.

Very fucked off that Lamela didn't play. What are the odds of him starting against Cardiff? Or should i just get rid now?

holyzombiejesus

I've fucked it. Was doing so well in the first few weeks, top in every league I'd entered, top 10,000 (I think) in the whole world and now just mediocre drivel. To top it all, bought Lacazette when I was pissed last night.

The Culture Bunker

Spunked my tripe captain on Aguero this weekend - was sure he'd bang in at least one more. Think I got trigger happy after talking myself out of using it with Hazard the week he banged in three.

Equally annoying was Vertonghen limping off and costing me a clean sheet bonus - same thing happened with van Djke last week.

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 30, 2018, 09:04:17 PM
I've fucked it. Was doing so well in the first few weeks, top in every league I'd entered, top 10,000 (I think) in the whole world and now just mediocre drivel. To top it all, bought Lacazette when I was pissed last night.

Which is your team?

Edit: ok I see your team. You haven't fucked it at all, you just had a storming start and that's tailed off. But you have a 50K rank that'll still be top 100K by tomorrow night. That's positioned just fine after 7 games for achieving a top 10K finish. Keep your nerve, don't chase getting back that lead by making early transfers, frittering your chips and taking hits. That's what I do every year when I feel it slipping and it always ends in a sub 100K finish. Just reset back to a frame of mind where it's going fine, play wise and the rank should take care of itself

holyzombiejesus

Aw, that's nice of you, thanks.

gabrielconroy

I've also dropped down a long way from my high of the top 5k. But I have a slightly gambly plan to retake the initiative. Worked last time with the Salah-Hazard switch, so therefore it must work again! Yeah!!

Crabwalk

Aguero > Kane (c) funded by D Silva > Maddison for -4.

First points hit and punty move of the season.

Watch it crash and burn.

Ferris

Quote from: Crabwalk on October 05, 2018, 07:10:49 PM

Watch it crash and burn.

Did the same last week. It'll definitely crash and burn now.

Crabwalk

You're already well up on the deal.

phes

Genuinely believe the Kane hype could end in disappointment today. I've captained him of course because if he scores heavily it will utterly decimate my rank and that's a gamble I'm not prepared to take. But I'm anticipating a lethargic, distracted Spurs and a rested, determined, albeit shite Cardiff.

One for Kane late in the match I reckon. Kun to match him.

gabrielconroy

Seems like everyone's done the same thing. Another Aguero-Kane swap here, with Mendy-Doherty and a -4 hit.

But I do think Spurs will beat Cardiff handily, at least certainly if we play with anything like the determination we did against Barca (where we were simply outplayed).

Ferris

I left Wilson on the bench!! Nooooo

Crabwalk

Quote from: Crabwalk on October 05, 2018, 07:10:49 PM

Watch it crash and burn.

So it goes.