Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

friend committed murder-suicide

Started by garbed_attic, August 09, 2018, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been very lucky to only come into contact with thoroughly lovely people in the NHS during my mental health episodes, so it's pretty harrowing to read something like that.

The worst person I ever came into contact with was a receptionist who got quite cross because I couldn't make it into a CBT session because literally all of the buses had been cancelled due to snow. Luckily my therapist called me to check I was OK and we spent about 10 minutes moaning about the cold and peoples' lack of empathy.

earl_sleek

I've found a lot of mental health professionals are shockingly poor at talking to people with mental health problems (or anyone, really) - and this is somewhere with a relatively good, if underfunded, Trust running the MH services.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on October 11, 2019, 12:45:54 PM
"how many pairs of underwear have you got? Are they clean? What do they smell like? What colour are they?"

haha, sounds mad, what answers did you give. what did you say

Twed

Quote from: madhair60 on October 11, 2019, 01:53:28 PM
haha, sounds mad, what answers did you give. what did you say
At first I thought it might be genuine psychiatric concern, as my self-image was so poor that I thought she'd just identified me as smelly, and also that it was a test to see if I was compos mentis. Then it sank in a bit and I cottoned on that asking somebody to enumerate their potentially-stinky pants probably wasn't on and I polyestered (protested) a little. I think she then thought "shit I might get reported for this" and tried to pre-empt me by letting some other workers know that I was upset by being questioned in general (but obvs. not the specific questions). So then later a team of about five other people took me aside and probed me about what happened in a way that in retrospect seems like they were asking me non-leading questions so they could finally nail the perverted pants pest working in their ranks.

Is it okay to do the "wa hey!" thing about older sexy woman + teenage boy sexual assault thing if the target of the abuse is yourself? Because thinking about all of this now it's sexy as fuck

madhair60

yeah but haha, just for a joke, how many pants DO you have, what DO they smell like lol

Quote from: Twed on October 11, 2019, 02:21:47 PM
Is it okay to do the "wa hey!" thing about older sexy woman + teenage boy sexual assault thing if the target of the abuse is yourself? Because thinking about all of this now it's sexy as fuck

Of course it is.

Twed

Quote from: madhair60 on October 11, 2019, 02:28:06 PM
yeah but haha, just for a joke, how many pants DO you have, what DO they smell like lol
you

xx

Twed

By that I mean I have "you" many pants.

Glebe

Again, shocking and saddening Gouty... hope you're coping okay after all this.

Poobum

That makes me shiver. I'm only still here because of the support I've received. My only bad experience was with a psychiatrist I had to see every 6 months. Witheringly arrogant man who made me feel like a worm burrowing through the mud, dirt entering my mouth as equal amounts oozed out of my hole-in-the-bum, in a non-ending flow. Felt better when I talked to other people who'd dealt with him, and they all unanimously agreed he was a twat.

I wonder why people get into that line of work when they can't or won't care. Though I am currently studying with someone who wants to be a psychologist and unironically stated she couldn't be arsed with listening to other peoples problems, whilst being obdurate and unhelpful during a group project. Just sounds fancy don't it? Impressive to the ignorant who wannabe a smart.

Cuellar

Quote from: Twed on October 11, 2019, 02:21:47 PM
At first I thought it might be genuine psychiatric concern, as my self-image was so poor that I thought she'd just identified me as smelly, and also that it was a test to see if I was compos mentis. Then it sank in a bit and I cottoned on that asking somebody to enumerate their potentially-stinky pants probably wasn't on and I polyestered (protested) a little. I think she then thought "shit I might get reported for this" and tried to pre-empt me by letting some other workers know that I was upset by being questioned in general (but obvs. not the specific questions). So then later a team of about five other people took me aside and probed me about what happened in a way that in retrospect seems like they were asking me non-leading questions so they could finally nail the perverted pants pest working in their ranks.

So did you ever get to the bottom (haaaa) of this?? Who was the rogue pant interrogator? Did you ever find out why she asked?

Twed

Nope, that's the full story I'm afraid. I get the impression she was the supply teacher equivalent of a mental health worker, which is probably why she could chance her arm (moving from town to town for fresh boys)

Cuellar

Twed

Quote from: Poobum on October 11, 2019, 04:52:53 PM
That makes me shiver. I'm only still here because of the support I've received. My only bad experience was with a psychiatrist I had to see every 6 months. Witheringly arrogant man who made me feel like a worm burrowing through the mud, dirt entering my mouth as equal amounts oozed out of my hole-in-the-bum, in a non-ending flow. Felt better when I talked to other people who'd dealt with him, and they all unanimously agreed he was a twat.

I wonder why people get into that line of work when they can't or won't care. Though I am currently studying with someone who wants to be a psychologist and unironically stated she couldn't be arsed with listening to other peoples problems, whilst being obdurate and unhelpful during a group project. Just sounds fancy don't it? Impressive to the ignorant who wannabe a smart.

I've been told I'd make a good therapist as I'm a good listener and very analytical, but I've always been fearful of getting triggered by people's stories (Limmy's book, for instance, did a real number on me) and feeling personally responsible for these people's wellbeing beyond the service I'd be dispensing.

I wonder if the only way you can do such a job long-term is to be hard and uncaring so you don't get sucked into the mire of other people's unhappiness. Because it's bound to take it's toll isn't it?

Twed

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 11, 2019, 05:24:26 PM
I've been told I'd make a good therapist as I'm a good listener
Eight pairs of briefs, blue, and a skiddy pair of plaid boxers.

Quote from: Twed on October 11, 2019, 05:27:51 PM
Eight pairs of briefs, blue, and a skiddy pair of plaid boxers.

Nutcase. I've called the police.

Dex Sawash

Always went to low rent Doc-in-a-Box when I didn't have insurance. "Dr Garrett" was honduran and a graduate of the uni in Grenada that sparked the Grenada invasion and he looked like the proctologist from the ambulance race team in arthouse film Gumball Rally.
His first question was always "any new sexual partners?" Didn't matter if I was there with a knife wound or drippy cock.

Glebe

Quote from: Poobum on October 11, 2019, 04:52:53 PMThat makes me shiver. I'm only still here because of the support I've received. My only bad experience was with a psychiatrist I had to see every 6 months. Witheringly arrogant man who made me feel like a worm burrowing through the mud, dirt entering my mouth as equal amounts oozed out of my hole-in-the-bum, in a non-ending flow. Felt better when I talked to other people who'd dealt with him, and they all unanimously agreed he was a twat.

Hope things are going better for ya now.

Quote from: gout_pony on October 11, 2019, 01:06:31 PM
"Forget it Jake, it's Ipswich"

But, yeah, it it's a horrible and sad thing. Suffolk's one of the worst counties for mental health provision. Still angers me that SureStart was cut.

Norfolk and Suffolk merged, when both need their own trusts (and a lot of money pumped in).

The NSFT Crisis Twitter campaign is worth a follow.

Noonling

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on October 11, 2019, 08:42:33 PM
Norfolk and Suffolk merged, when both need their own trusts (and a lot of money pumped in).

The NSFT Crisis Twitter campaign is worth a follow.

Not Safe For Tories?

Poobum