Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018 Final: Crabwalk Vs Spoon of Ploff

Started by Crabwalk, August 10, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

I think I'll go with Crabwalk, just because I think every shot of his is flawlessly executed, whereas S'Ploff gets a 9/10 overall in that regard. In terms of ideas and how funny I found their shots, there's nothing to choose between them. I also tried to divide them according to how they approached the match, but in the end I couldn't (I like to watch a theme develop over a match, so Ploff; on the other hand, Crabwalk's approach was very bold and an equally valid one, so I don't feel I should penalise him for that).

Wonderful final to what I think has been one of the best Wimblewrongs. Well done to everyone involved this year. I've loved it.

Small Man Big Horse

I've changed my mind about three times but Crabwalk's opener is so beautiful it wins it for me.

pancreas

Gorgeous. I'm just going to go with my favourite shot of the match which was Fucking Knightmare; with Sploff's Nightmare a very close second. But that means it's Crabwalk for me.

chveik

garbed_attic

An incredible, jaw-dropping match. Crabwalk's consistency of vision is worthy of laudation. All of it so period-specifically convincing. However, Sploff's last shot was perfectly poetically realised.

So, Sploff by a margin. Stellar all round though.

BlodwynPig

Crab as there was only one slightly weaker shot (Sploff's second didn't quite do it). Every other shot was 100%

Ian Drunken Smurf

Sploff by a nun's chuff. Watched whole thread in one go while on a break. Top wronging by both.

rue the polywhirl

Tough one. Gots to be crabs for a blinder of a shot with knightmare and dig your own hole which is a work of album art that deserves a release. Ploff in close second for chuckle pong although shouldn't it be 'to me, to me, to me'?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on August 14, 2018, 02:12:42 PM
...shouldn't it be 'to me, to me, to me'?

No. It shouldn't. Paul just wants to play pong with his bro and hear him speak those words again, and so he is saying them quietly to himself 4080 times... then lets go.

alan nagsworth

Crab please.

It's been a great year, and this was a fantastic game, but that boy is some marvel.

wasp_f15ting

Crabwalk for hitting on 2 of my favourite things games and vinyl

hedgehog90

I've finally realised what Crab's first shot was all about.
I might have been swayed had I noticed sooner.

Absorb the anus burn

JohnnyCouncil

Crabwalk. Both excellent but seen the 'to me, to me' done quite a bit.

Johnny Yesno

Great match both. Very difficult to decide. I do like the bleak Pong, but I'm a sucker for the quality shopping of the vinyl. So I vote Crabwalk.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So close. My favourite individual one was from Sploff but overall Crabwalk

Old Thrashbarg

Crabwalk. That serve is one of the very best shots there's been in Wimblewrong.

Black Ship

Much as I loved Spoff's final serve, I'm afraid Crabwalk's Chemical Brothers pastiche swung it for me.

Gregory Torso

Insanely good stuff from both. Loved Spoon's nightmare blobby but I'll vote crabwalk for the edmunds lion and the lloyds horse and the chemical chuckle brothers record sleeve.

Puce Moment

I'm going to delurk to vote because I think this is the strongest final I have ever seen on here. It feels churlish to pick one, but Crabwalk's opener is stunning. I sent it around to everyone that would understand it's brilliance.

PlanktonSideburns

Crabwalk. The pong one nearly swayed me but his first is incredible and the subsequent ones are no slouches either.

Fishfinger

ziggy starbucks

great match, I'm amazed you both still had ideas for shots. I was done at the semi-final stage.

I loved crab's 2nd and 3rd shots. Technically excellent and funny ideas.

Spoon's 3rd was probably the best concept of the whole competition.

This is difficult....

spoon just.

selectivememory

The final score is 18-12 to Crabwalk. Crabwalk wins his second Wimblewrong title! Very well deserved as he was exceptional throughout the tournament.

Commiserations to Spoon of Ploff, who is the runner-up for the second year running. He was also great this year, coming through a very tough draw to make the final again. Maybe next year...

Thanks again everyone who played this year, and everyone who voted. It's been a great Wimblewrong!

Crabwalk

In your face Ploff.

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the match. I think wronging was the ultimate winner here. As well as me, the actual winner. The losers have been my employers, but hey ho.

It was a brilliant tournament I think, with loads of awesome shots. It was also incredibly well run by selectivememory, so a big thanks to him on all our behalves.

*waits for applause to die down*

At this point I should also thank my new wife, Adobe, without whom none of this would be possible. She certainly did a lot of the grafting.

See you next July!*

* If by then I've forgotten what it's like to have a continous headache for a month.