Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018 Final: Crabwalk Vs Spoon of Ploff

Started by Crabwalk, August 10, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Congrats Crabwalk, and I'd like to echo your thanks to Selective Memory, he's once again done a superb job and deserves much love indeed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ace final and thanks to everyone who participated for the lols, both epic and normal-sized

Spoon of Ploff

Yeah. Gutted to be on the losing side again Clive, but Crabs played a blinder and there was no coming back from yer Edmonds lion eats Lloyds horse. Fair kudos there and no mistake.

Fair kudos also to selectivememory who has this thing running like a well oiled machine now. Sure there was the odd bit of controversy, but very little tardiness or absenteeism (the WimbleWrong equivalent to simulation in football... or possibly spitting IMHO).

A-and well played everyone who took part - putting your skill and imagination out there for fellow CABers to judge. There were some truly stunning and inspiring shots.

But once again it was the voters who let the side down I think. For everyone who did vote for me, well done, you did the right thing and you can sleep tonight with a clear conscience. You all also managed to vote in the right thread on the first try - great stuff. To everyone else, well, what can I say? Christ in shitty napkins I think I let at least one of you buy me a drink at the last CAB meet (I even offered to buy another one of you a pint when I saw you already had a full glass in front of you) and yet this is how you repay me. Fuck off and die. The lot of you. I suspect Crabwalk is deeply ashamed to have received votes from the likes of you. Really. I'm relieved I lost. Better that than have you scum on my side. Fucked if I'm going through this shit again next year. State of this.

As a coda to this reasoned and balanced  review here's a portion of my aborted 3rd shot. It seems appropriate:

BlodwynPig

Crabwalk

That's lovely, but could you do two stars for me in gold, and give S'ploff the two silvers? He'd love that.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 16, 2018, 08:40:10 PM
Yeah. Gutted to be on the losing side again Clive, but Crabs played a blinder and there was no coming back from yer Edmonds lion eats Lloyds horse. Fair kudos there and no mistake.

Fair kudos also to selectivememory who has this thing running like a well oiled machine now. Sure there was the odd bit of controversy, but very little tardiness or absenteeism (the WimbleWrong equivalent to simulation in football... or possibly spitting IMHO).

A-and well played everyone who took part - putting your skill and imagination out there for fellow CABers to judge. There were some truly stunning and inspiring shots.

But once again it was the voters who let the side down I think. For everyone who did vote for me, well done, you did the right thing and you can sleep tonight with a clear conscience. You all also managed to vote in the right thread on the first try - great stuff. To everyone else, well, what can I say? Christ in shitty napkins I think I let at least one of you buy me a drink at the last CAB meet (I even offered to buy another one of you a pint when I saw you already had a full glass in front of you) and yet this is how you repay me. Fuck off and die. The lot of you. I suspect Crabwalk is deeply ashamed to have received votes from the likes of you. Really. I'm relieved I lost. Better that than have you scum on my side. Fucked if I'm going through this shit again next year. State of this.

lol

Cerys

wasp_f15ting

ziggy starbucks

congratulations crabwalk. A deserving winner. Hard luck spoon, maybe next year!

I'd like to add my thanks to selectivememory for running the competition. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to stretch my photoshop wings again.

Crabwalk

I've just looked at my serve again for the first time since the match, and it suddenly struck me that it looks a lot like Mr Blobby is sodomising the Lloyds horse. That was not my intent - it was supposed to look like he'd been knocked aside during the altercation.

Did anyone else get either a cheap laugh or a shudder of revulsion from misreading my sloppy composition?

Spoon of Ploff

Careful there Crabwalk. Given the depravity of most WimbleWrongers you could well have lost a few votes by admitting Mr Blobby was not involved in a 'bully ramming' of the Lloyds horse.

I myself just thought he was cheering on Noel from the sidelines... because I am pure of heart.