Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Absurd BBFC Cuts of the 80s and 90s

Started by SavageHedgehog, August 10, 2018, 06:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 24, 2018, 04:16:31 PM
Interesting - I think Jaws is the one film I don't think I've ever seen cut on TV.  Regardless of which channel was showing it and even if it's on late afternoon/early evening (it always used to be 7pm when BBC1 showed it), it's always had all the gore and swearing intact.  It's always baffled me how they've let Jaws get away with it but taken the scissors to much milder films.

They usually cut the scene where the shark sniffs up a line of coke and then has a play with his nunchukas.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: DistressedArea on September 16, 2018, 01:26:20 PM
They usually cut the scene where the shark sniffs up a line of coke and then has a play with his nunchukas.

And the scene where he's got a stiffy.

The Bumlord

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on August 10, 2018, 06:58:59 PM
Having grown up in the era, this has always been a fascination of mine, and still is even though many of these cuts have since been restored in UK releases or are relatively easy to get a hold of now anyway. If you share my fascination, and have some spare time, the Cutting Edge series on YouTube by GNC films is worth a look.

Thanks for the link, never seen any of these before.

Had to skip the first few with the fella who needs to blow his nose, mind.