Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prince Charles & Camilla Parker Bowels

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, February 10, 2005, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Oh dear.

What kind of example is that to set William and Harry?

butnut

Could you give a little more information, please, or is this a swipe at them?

Adrian Brezhnev

Clarence House announced ten minutes ago that they are going to get married.

butnut

Ah thanks. Well it'll get all the royalists in a tizz, but I don't really give a shit what they do.

Adrian Brezhnev

So you're not planning to gatecrash the wedding then?

butnut

Adrian Brezhnev

Great.

BBC News Online is full of very useful information about it all:
QuotePrince Charles is set to marry his long-term partner Camilla Parker-Bowles, Clarence House says.
No wedding date has been confirmed at this stage, but reports have suggested 6 April is one possible date.

The Prince of Wales, who is the heir to the throne, was previously married to Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

The couple, who had two sons - princes William and Harry - were divorced when Diana died.

Radio 1 news team are in such a state of excitement about it all that they one of them trailed the 9:30 neas with "It looks like Prince Charles has tied the knot with Camilla Parker Bowls"

Gazeuse

Quote from: "butnut"No need, I'm expecting an invite.

Better buy a hat, Butnut!!!

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"Clarence House announced ten minutes ago that they are going to get married.

Yay a talking house!!  Now that's what I call news!

butnut

Quote from: "Gazeuse"
Quote from: "butnut"No need, I'm expecting an invite.

Better buy a hat, Butnut!!!

Hehe, and I need a new dress too. Ooh an excuse to go shopping -lovely. Watch out shops, here I come!

[/horrible girlieness]

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Yay a talking house!!  Now that's what I call news!
Better than a talking horse!

Captain Crunch

Fair point, still not half as good as a talking car though.

Beagle 2

Ah tits, not going to be able to escape this one are we, there was a bloody newsflash on telly! I want something a bit meatier for me newflashes, I get all excited, I want blood! Who gives a shit? Thank god he's not marrying Ellen MacArthur.

Santa's Boyfriend

And she always promised she'd marry me...

butnut

Quote from: "Beagle 2"Ah tits, not going to be able to escape this one are we, there was a bloody newsflash on telly! Who gives a shit? Thank god he's not marrying Ellen MacArthur.

Off-topic - Does anyone else think she looks like a lesbian?

There's a news flash on Radio 4 - wooo.

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Fair point, still not half as good as a talking car though.
Good point, although David Hasselhof had a relationship with a talking car- and look where that got him!

Information seems to still be rather thin on the ground- although at least we know now why Prince Harry was in such a bad mood last night.

The Sun can reveal though that all this Camilla noncesense started thirty five years ago...
QuotePrince Charles is set to marry his long-term partner Camilla Parker-Bowles, Clarence House says.
No wedding date has been confirmed at this stage, but reports have suggested 6 April is one possible date.

The Prince of Wales, who is the heir to the throne, was previously married to Princess Diana, who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

The couple, who had two sons - princes William and Harry - were divorced when Diana died.
I fear the Pope will now give up the will to live.

Santa's Boyfriend

It'll be a good day for the Government to release some bad news.  There's only going to be one news story today.

I just hope she won't become queen, that's all.  I'm hoping that Charles has had to turn down the crown in order to marry her.

Beagle 2

Hmm, that's true maybe old holy-trousers will kark it and steal their thunder. It could be a big week for very ordinary things happening to people elevated to ridiculous levels of worldwide exposure.

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "butnut"Does anyone else think she looks like a lesbian?
Well, I've never met a lesbian that looks like her. In any case, if I was female, I doubt I would be sending her flowers on Valentines Day.

The first celebrity endorsement has appeared:
Quote from: "People writing for the BBC News website"Conservative leader Michael Howard said he was "delighted" at the news, but Downing Street has refused to comment until a full statement from Clarence House.
FFS. That man will do anything to get on the news. Either that, or he is going to be Best Man.

PyramidHead

Quote from: "World media"NEWSFLASH! Widely predicted event occurs, the impact of which would be minimal if we had just let them get the fuck on with it.
Add me to the list of people who really don't care which royal marries who.

Adrian Brezhnev

Well, the BBC News website is really struggling to come up with fresh content... ending the current bulletin with
QuoteHowever, most people - 38% - said they did not care, while 2% had no opinion

Captain Crunch

Quote from: "butnut"Off-topic - Does anyone else think she looks like a lesbian?

Bloody women, they all look the same to me mate.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Quote from: "butnut"Off-topic - Does anyone else think she looks like a lesbian?

Bloody women, they all look the same to me mate.

Not if they smoke a pipe they don't!!!

Alberon

Quote from: "Harry Hill"She must never be Queen!

I don't really see a problem to be honest and I find it very hard to care either way. As long as he's happy.

Frankly, if I had to decide, I'd prefer her to Diana as Queen any day of the week.

Adrian Brezhnev

The question is.... will she get to be Queen before she is beheaded in favour of a third wife. That what has tended to happen in similar historical situations.

Talking of history, we must never forget that if it wasn't for Charles' grandfather (and others), we would all be speaking Austrian now.

That's why I thought I'd see what the Austrians have to say about all this...
Quote from: "On hearing the news, the [iNeue Kronen Zeitung[/i] immediately"]Endlich!  

Prinz Charles und Camilla heiraten im April  

Bei den Windsors werden wieder die Hochzeitsglocken läuten: Der britische Thronfolger Prinz Charles (56) wird seine langjährige Geliebte Camilla Parker Bowles (57) im April heiraten. Das berichtet die britische BBC am Donnerstag.  

Damit enden jahrelange Spekulationen um die Liebesbeziehung der beiden. Welchen Titel Camilla Parker Bowles nach ihrer Heirat tragen wird, ist noch nicht bekannt. Der Titel "Prinzessin von Wales" ist noch immer zu sehr mit Diana behaftet, der Ex-Frau von Prinz Charles die 1997 tödlich verunglückte.

Prinz Charles und Camilla Parker Bowles kennen sich bereits seit mehr als 30 Jahren. Ihre Liebesbeziehung gilt allgemein als Grund für das Scheitern der Ehe von Prinz Charles und Prinzessin Diana.
.... which losely translates as:
QuoteFinally! More highlights Prince Charles and Camilla marry in April With the Windsors again the wedding bells will ring: The British successor to the throne prince Charles (56) will marry its loved Camilla of many years Parker Bowles (57) in April. The British BBC reports on Thursday. With it speculations for many years end around the dear relationship of the two. Camilla Parker Bowles will carry which title after its marriage, is not well-known yet. The title "princess of Wales" is still too much afflicted with Diana, to who ex woman of prince Charles had an accident the 1997 deadly. Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles know each other already for more than 30 years. Their dear relationship is generally considered as reason for the failure of the marriage of prince Charles and princess Diana.

Mod Edit: What have I told you minions about using smaller than small text? If you want me to stroke my moustache in rage, you're going the right way about it.

Ah yes, sorry about that- I just put the text above in Tiny as it was all in foreign- thus surely of interest to only about three people here? The Engrish version is so much more fun.

Captain Crunch

QuoteTheir dear relationship is generally considered as reason for the failure of the marriage of prince Charles and princess Diana.

Oh right, nothing to do with Diana being a dirty slapper of a nutbag then?

Alberon

She isn't going to be Queen at all, but Princess Consort. So Harry Hill can relax.

Quote from: "BBC News"When the Prince of Wales becomes King, Camilla will not be known as Queen Camilla but as the Princess Consort, Clarence House added.

Timmay

This is fucking everywhere! Thank Christ for Bravo and Live TV.

Bilko

Quote from: "Beagle 2"Ah tits, not going to be able to escape this one are we, there was a bloody newsflash on telly! I want something a bit meatier for me newflashes, I get all excited, I want blood! Who gives a shit? Thank god he's not marrying Ellen MacArthur.
Thats the real good thing to come out of this news, no more Ellen Mcfucking-arthur on the TV.

Adrian Brezhnev

Radio 1 have been very sensible in making absolutely no mention of it, apart from on the News bulletins.