Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The games sequels you want but will never get

Started by Bazooka, August 12, 2018, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

*Shenmue 3 enters and leaves the thread*

Shadowman 3

Jet Set Radio 3

Body Harvest 2

Eternal Darkness 2

Grandia 4

So many more I can't think of right now.

NoSleep

Z

Burnout 4: basically very much in line with 3, but using the HD tech from Paradise

Criterion is such a shell of its former self now that I wouldn't be very excited about a new one at all.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Bazooka on August 12, 2018, 05:52:34 PM
Body Harvest 2
Yes indeedy. I don't know much about games development, but surely it wouldn't be too expensive for Rockstar to bash something together out of recycled Grand Theft Auto assets. Cheap and cheerful is all part of the charm. Maybe they could even cheat the time travel a little and release it as separate DLC packs for GTA and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Consignia

Ouendan 3. I love those games so much, the quirky styling, the cheesy pop music. I apperciate that shitting a new one out every year makes the originals special, but I miss not having something in that space. Other Rythmn games just don't quite cut it.

If you'd have asked me a couple of months ago, I'd have had said WarioWare.  But here we are. I'd still like a Switch version, though.

Valkyria Chronicles as well. Looking forward to playing that on the Switch soon.

NoSleep

Hogs Of War 2. Hogs Of War was a 3D rip-off of Worms, but had a charm of its own (not least because all the characters were voiced by Rik Mayall) and had an excellent multiplayer mode. Would have liked to have seen a less glitchy follow-up.

madhair60

Quote from: Z on August 12, 2018, 06:03:18 PM
Burnout 4: basically very much in line with 3, but using the HD tech from Paradise

This exists for fuck sake it is called Revenge and it is great.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dead Space 4
Another Mass Effect game (possibly)
Deadly Premonition 2
Spec Ops: The Line 2
Another Deus Ex game (again, possibly)

Zetetic

Something after Midtown Madness or Driver, maybe. There's a very small possibility space of driving games that aren't a bit tedious and it feels like these were heading towards it by the end.

Zetetic

BeardFaceMan

I would very much love to see a proper follow up to Red Faction Guerilla. The same open world approach, but with more detail and better destruction physics.

St_Eddie

Ron's Gilbert's Monkey Island 3.

It will never happen but by fuck, do I ever want it.

New Jack

Sleeping Dogs 2

If it does ever happen it'll be by Square and not the original developers. Gaaaah
Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 12, 2018, 07:09:06 PM
GTA III, the top down version.

I seem to remember GTA3 did have a top down camera angle! Wasn't easy to play like that though, I tried

biggytitbo

Prey 2 (or 3 I suppose, if you count last years as 2)
Dead Space 4
Deus Ex: MD 2 (or whatever it'd be called)
Second Sight 2
Psi Ops 2

Norton Canes

madhair60

Oh No! More Oh No! More Lemmings

Just, more Lemmings with the original rules please.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 12, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
I would very much love to see a proper follow up to Red Faction Guerilla. The same open world approach, but with more detail and better destruction physics.

A spiritual sequel to the original Red faction games would be good (rather than the more open worlds Guerilla).

Half Life 3 obviously
Project Snowblind 2
Portal 3
Black 2
Fear 4

New Jack

St_Eddie

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 12, 2018, 07:09:06 PM
GTA III, the top down version.

It already exists, in essence.  Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the DS, PSP and iOS (easily playable via emulation too).

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 13, 2018, 12:09:26 PM
It already exists, in essence.  Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the DS, PSP and iOS (easily playable via emulation too).

That looks far too spiffy for my needs, I want a proper old school top down game in the same style as the first 2 games.

Jerzy Bondov

GTA on the Game Boy Advance is an original game in the style of the first two. It's a bit of a step down though as it's, well, it's on the Game Boy Advance isn't it

Mister Six

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 13, 2018, 10:36:31 AM
Gobliiiins

Following the naming convention of the first three games, it would be called Goblns 4.

Consignia

There already is a Gobliiins 4. It has three i's, stars the original trio, is in 3d and is shit.

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 13, 2018, 10:33:43 AM
A spiritual sequel to the original Red faction games would be good (rather than the more open worlds Guerilla).
But I want to crash into buildings. The police won't let me do it for real.