Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,183
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The games sequels you want but will never get

Started by Bazooka, August 12, 2018, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avril Lavigne

A new sequel to Redneck Rampage (the best Build engine game).

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on August 13, 2018, 01:32:45 PM
A new sequel to Redneck Rampage (the best Build engine game).

I keep on meaning to upload a few of the maps that I made for Duke Nukem 3D (also made with the Build engine) back when I was a 16 year old.  It's a great engine.

biggytitbo

A sequel to the excellent but largely overlooked Singularity please.

Jerzy Bondov

The Loom sequels, Forge and The Fold. Not that they seriously considered making them, and Loom was based around the most interesting guild anyway. But still.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: St_Eddie on August 13, 2018, 01:45:27 PM
I keep on meaning to upload a few of the maps that I made for Duke Nukem 3D (also made with the Build engine) back when I was a 16 year old.  It's a great engine.

I keep being tempted to buy the new Build game Ion Maiden but it's still rather pricey for what is, at the moment, a small Early Access portion of a game that won't be properly finished & released until 2019.

One of my favourite things about the Redneck Rampage series was that both of the main games came with manuals that were designed as in-universe local newspapers full of fake adverts and articles. It's a shame games don't come in huge boxes with stuff like that packaged inside anymore.

Z

Quote from: madhair60 on August 12, 2018, 06:20:39 PM
This exists for fuck sake it is called Revenge and it is great.
Revenge is not next-gen (360 port don't really count) and the extra mechanics added on took away from Takedown

I would call Revenge more of a Burnout 3.1, a GTA San Andreas. Burnout 2, of course, is really more of a Burnout 1.1, making Burnout 3 really Burnout 2.0 so...

madhair60

Bhazor

God Hand 2. Doesn't have to be a direct sequel but just the combat system. That system should be ripped off the way Resident Evil 4 was for Dead Space. Come on Platinum, stop using the same combat system in every game and try something new you hacks.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It feels like the time might be right for God Hand to make a return in some form. What with the Dark Souls games popularising difficult games.

Bazooka

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 13, 2018, 03:30:10 PM
It feels like the time might be right for God Hand to make a return in some form. What with the Dark Souls games popularising difficult games.

Monster Hunter did it first, albeit less so in the western market.

Golden E. Pump

Spiteface

Mister Six

Quote from: Consignia on August 13, 2018, 01:00:19 PM
There already is a Gobliiins 4. It has three i's, stars the original trio, is in 3d and is shit.

Wait, whaaaaaat?!

Lemming

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 13, 2018, 01:54:23 PM
A sequel to the excellent but largely overlooked Singularity please.

Oh shit, I always forget about that game until someone mentions it. The time travel stuff was so cool and the game had better gunplay than a lot of highly-praised shooters, no idea why it didn't get more acclaim.

biggytitbo

Yes everyone got excited about the time travel stuff in titan fall 2, but Singularity is like that all the way through, with half life 2 and portal mixed in for good measure. It's the kind of fun, inventive, middle budget AA game that was typical of the ps2/ps3/Xbox 360 era but just don't exist anymore. The also excellent Syndicate is another one. Now it's either low budget indie games or tedious megabudget online shooters and busy work games and little in between.

Mister Six

Quote from: Consignia on August 13, 2018, 08:36:52 PM
Yep! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBSANjm-As

The animation is better than I'd expected, but it's still a ghastly disappointment after the gorgeous cartoon loveliness of the first three games.

samadriel

Phantasy Star 5, a proper PS game, none of this name-stealing PSO nonsense. I want the Algol Star System, the Landales, Dark Force, musk cats, all that stuff.

I dearly wish for a new Commandos game based on the mechanics of Commandos 2; C3 was shit, and after that was some sort of FPS I had no interest in. There's Shadow Tactics, which is pretty good, but it's a bit hard for me, actually, I hate having to abuse borderline weaknesses in the AI because there are too many guards with eyes on each other etc.

Urinal Cake

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Jet Set Radio

Fry

Quote from: madhair60 on August 12, 2018, 06:20:39 PM
This exists for fuck sake it is called Revenge and it is great.

Fucking hell your videogame opinions piss me off. Revenge isn't fit to lick Burnout 3's shoes you massive drooling stupid idiot fuck.

Excited for more videoworld tho.

mobias

I'd love a new SSX game. A proper sequel to SSX3 and/or Tricky would do me just fine.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on August 13, 2018, 02:24:15 PM
The Loom sequels, Forge and The Fold. Not that they seriously considered making them, and Loom was based around the most interesting guild anyway. But still.

They might still happen.  I mean they won't but they could.  Hope springs eternal.

I always have such a dilemma choosing which version of Loom to play because no version is definitive.  The EGA version has all of the dialogue and is truer to the artist's intention, graphically.  The VGA talkie version has some great voice acting but a ton of dialogue is cut.  Then there's the FM Towns version.  Choices, choices, choices. 

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on August 13, 2018, 02:27:01 PM
One of my favourite things about the Redneck Rampage series was that both of the main games came with manuals that were designed as in-universe local newspapers full of fake adverts and articles. It's a shame games don't come in huge boxes with stuff like that packaged inside anymore.

Redneck Rampage is amongst my collection of big boxed PC games.  I'm going to be buried with them.

Quote from: Consignia on August 13, 2018, 08:36:52 PM
Yep! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBSANjm-As

I never knew that this existed.  The 3D graphics appear to have sucked all of the charm out of the game, unfortunately.

Quote from: Fry on August 14, 2018, 07:22:50 AM
Fucking hell your videogame opinions piss me off. Revenge isn't fit to lick Burnout 3's shoes you massive drooling stupid idiot fuck.

Madhair60's taste is similar to my Sister.'s  If she says something is shit, then it's probably great and if she says something is great, then it's probably shit.  It's a strange situation whereupon I can absolutely rely on an unintentional recommendation from her.

"I went to the cinema to watch this film the other day, it's fucking awful.  Avoid it at all costs."

*immediately books a ticket to watch said film.  Predictably loves it*

New Jack

WWF No Mercy 2
Here Comes The Pain 2
Super Mario 65

monolith

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 13, 2018, 12:21:21 PM
That looks far too spiffy for my needs, I want a proper old school top down game in the same style as the first 2 games.
You tried GTA London?

remedial_gash

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 13, 2018, 10:50:27 PM
Yes everyone got excited about the time travel stuff in titan fall 2, but Singularity is like that all the way through, with half life 2 and portal mixed in for good measure. It's the kind of fun, inventive, middle budget AA game that was typical of the ps2/ps3/Xbox 360 era but just don't exist anymore. The also excellent Syndicate is another one. Now it's either low budget indie games or tedious megabudget online shooters and busy work games and little in between.

Personally I loathed syndicate but I get your message, and so did RPS.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/04/best-average-action-games-on-pc/

New Jack

I want a sequel to Quake as well. Don't Quake 2 me. That was in name only, it was orange as well.

Lovecraftian medieval environments (I want some non-euclidean geometry!), fun monsters rendered with modern tech, Trent Reznor music, fundamentally brown, the lot.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I guess they decided that Doom would be the medieval hellscape one and pushed Quake in a more straightforward sci-fi direction. That said, they still don't seem that distinct to me - the Strogg have a bit of the cyber demon about them.

nedthemumbler

Quote from: NoSleep on August 12, 2018, 06:10:22 PM
Hogs Of War 2. Hogs Of War was a 3D rip-off of Worms, but had a charm of its own (not least because all the characters were voiced by Rik Mayall) and had an excellent multiplayer mode. Would have liked to have seen a less glitchy follow-up.

Fantastic shout.  If I had a PlayStation still I would still indulge.

kngen

Skate 4, or even just a way to play Skate 3 on the PS4. Mon tae fuck EA, you total cunts!