Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The games sequels you want but will never get

Started by Bazooka, August 12, 2018, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

biggytitbo

Blue Jam

A new Deus Ex game with a protagonist who isn't Adam Jensen.

A new Deus Ex game with a protagonist who is Adam Jensen would suffice but I accept that it probably aint gonna happen.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 16, 2018, 10:08:06 PM
A new Deus Ex game with a protagonist who isn't Adam Jensen.

A new Deus Ex game with a protagonist who is Adam Jensen would suffice but I accept that it probably aint gonna happen.

Not in the immediate future, perhaps but I'd be surprised if there isn't another Deus Ex game, at some point down the road.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 16, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
I certainly hope so:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-dont-expect-another-deus-ex-game-anytime-soon

Yep.  I've read that before.  The article's not saying anything other than "don't expect another Deus Ex game in the foreseeable future".  The keyword being "foreseeable".  Deus Ex is far too popular and beloved to not make a comeback at some point.  It might take six years, maybe even fifteen or more but I'd be willing to bet money on it being resurrected in the future, either with Square Enix, or perhaps more likely, a different company.

And that's coming from a self-confessed skeptic, who's glass is generally half empty.

Bhazor

Squeenix though are a crapshoot. Some of their beloved franchises they milk to a ridiculous extent (Kingdom Hearts, Classic Final Fantasy remakes) others they abandon (Thief). Sometimes they just straight up publicly execute a franchise with a game seemingly designed to piss off the fans and attract zero outside interest. Poor Front Mission, that was damn cold what they did.

Bazooka

Would kill for a Killer 7 sequel, its a real gem.

Ferris

TimeSplitters 4.

Would settle for TimeSplitters 2: Remastered.

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 17, 2018, 02:04:30 AM
Would settle for TimeSplitters 2: Remastered.

I would say yes because it has the best local multiplayer known to man but I had friends to play with when I was a kid so I don't care now.

Online I suppose?

Bazooka

Quote from: bgmnts on August 17, 2018, 05:51:07 AM
I would say yes because it has the best local multiplayer known to man but I had friends to play with when I was a kid so I don't care now.

Online I suppose?

Virus mode playing as the monkey, bliss.

popcorn

Quote from: samadriel on August 14, 2018, 06:49:30 AM
Phantasy Star 5, a proper PS game, none of this name-stealing PSO nonsense. I want the Algol Star System, the Landales, Dark Force, musk cats, all that stuff.

Oh yeah? Well I want a proper PSO sequel. Something that actually feels like a chunky, funky action-adventure romp with your mates, like PSO1 did - none of the dead-eyed anime Korean MMORPG feeling of the sequels.

And here's the feature I want, specifically. I want to be able to program your mag like you set up gambits in FF12. So, for example, you'd be able to tell it to automatically heal you if you dropped below 50 HP, and set priorities - so it would cast buffs on you and your mates when there was nothing better to do, but prioritise healing if you were about to die. You could find items that increased the number of programmable slots or let you set conditions, and that sort of thing.

Bhazor

Quote from: Bhazor on August 13, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
God Hand 2. Doesn't have to be a direct sequel but just the combat system. That system should be ripped off the way Resident Evil 4 was for Dead Space. Come on Platinum, stop using the same combat system in every game and try something new you hacks.

It occurred to me that God Hand might be creeping in slowly. With both Senua and the new God of War both using the tight over shoulder melee system. Neither do it anywhere near as good of course. But some game developer out there who has secretly been wanting to rip off God Hand for years can now get their game funded by going into the publisher boardroom prostrating themselves and murmuring "I don't want to rip off that obscure cult game none of you lot have ever heard of. No no no. I want to rip off God of War. Which is going to be totally different." then the drone pulls a lever and money rains down.

Dex Sawash

Bhazor

nedthemumbler

A Rollercoaster Tycoon that uses the power of modern machines to do something more interesting and deep than just making it 3D.

Consignia

We need another Ouendan game.

Never going to happen.

Bastards.

Spoon of Ploff

Loved this game back in the day. Mutate into different creatures depending on the environment/situation.. and get to be the gargoyle sidekick who can walk across ceilings.

Phil_A

Alundra. A proper top-down 2D sequel, not the 3D abortion that had the name "Alundra 2" slapped onto it for marketing purposes.

Set a high bar for Zelda-style games that I don't think has ever been reached, to be honest.

Replies From View

Spiteface

LanceUppercut

Dunno if anyone has said it already, but I loved THE SUFFERING, and THE SUFFERING ties that bind.

Both great games pretty scary when you have your headphones on in the dark and you can hear the clinking of the enemies knife legs and arms but can't see them.

A up to date version of that I would love.

biggytitbo

The Suffering was good. Also the Punisher with the incredibly gory interrogation and quick kill finishing moves.

beanheadmcginty

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 09, 2018, 02:37:36 PM
The Suffering was good. Also the Punisher with the incredibly gory interrogation and quick kill finishing moves.

A Punisher 2 with the exact same mechanics and today's graphics would be quite something.

The quick kills and unique interrogation kills would all be locked away as DLC, though.