Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Golf 2018

Started by The Boston Crab, August 12, 2018, 10:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Woods rolling back the years here in the US PGA Championship. He's one shot off the lead and sinking birdies like a madman. Even if he doesn't win  as with the British Open, his comeback this year after multiple operations and setbacks over the past decade is absolutely sensational and completely improbable. Fucking exciting.

BlodwynPig

Sensational comeback. If only Gazza had followed this example.

Endicott

Anyone watch the women's British Open last weekend? If not, the last round is still on iPlayer - best golf I've watched in a long time.

Andy147

Yes, that was entertaining - golf tends to be best when it's a couple of players effectively going head-to-head in the final round (e.g. Stenson and Mickelson a few years ago, Faldo and Norman a couple of times, Watson and Nicklaus back in 1975).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

NERRRR NNEEEERRRRRRRRR DADADADADADAAAAHHHH
GOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFF

THE SPORT OF GOLF

NERRRR NEEERRRRRR DADADADADADADAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

sorry

Nostradamus up there. The greatest comeback in sport

monolith

It's brilliant but he's got to win a major for it to be anything close to being the greatest comeback in sport. Far too many rivals for that title.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It certainly doesn't merit a Tom Fordyce mythology article.

Stop coming back and start being pelted with rotten vegetables.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hate Woods - hope he dies

cheers

Z

Is this a big deal then? Tbh, with fuck all knowledge of golf, the impression I got was that everyone was expecting him to bounce back into at least being in contention once he stopped being injury prone as fuck and started showing some sort of sustained run of form.

BlodwynPig

ch**ks of the old Woods ego sadly in his post victory interview. He'll be doing lines and prostitutes like the good old days post Ryder cup at this rate

Quote from: Z on September 24, 2018, 07:33:54 PM
Is this a big deal then? Tbh, with fuck all knowledge of golf, the impression I got was that everyone was expecting him to bounce back into at least being in contention once he stopped being injury prone as fuck and started showing some sort of sustained run of form.

He was so fucked he couldn't even bend over last year. He's barely got out of bed due to pain for about two years and was a hair's breadth from retiring. Not at all expected to even play again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHe was so fucked he couldn't even bend over last year.

Love it
- get in the chair

monolith

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 25, 2018, 05:42:32 AM
He was so fucked he couldn't even bend over last year. He's barely got out of bed due to pain for about two years and was a hair's breadth from retiring. Not at all expected to even play again.
It's great, but like I say unless he wins a major it will be forgotten about very quickly.

I agree but not by me and as a consequence NOT by this forum

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hope Woods loses all his games at the Ryder Cup and leaves on a stretcher while being laughed at

I also hope this is what happens to all the other U-S-A droids. Prison is too good. Pus-filled cunts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ryder Cup is on are you watching

biggytitbo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

monolith

Woods having a great Ryder Cup, fantastic to watch.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Doesn't he have a clear losing record as a Ryder Cup player?

monolith

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/tiger-woods-ryder-cup-career-record

Won 13, lost 17, halved 3. Pretty terrible. Don't know if that includes this year, be funny if not.

I believe he's only ever won one Ryder Cup out of 7 (possibly soon to be 8) attempts, which again is very very funny. Opposite of their talisman.

Andy147

Quote from: monolith on September 29, 2018, 05:18:10 PM
Won 13, lost 17, halved 3. Pretty terrible. Don't know if that includes this year, be funny if not.

I believe he's only ever won one Ryder Cup out of 7 (possibly soon to be 8) attempts, which again is very very funny. Opposite of their talisman.

That doesn't include his 3 losses this year.
His singles record in the event is decent (+4-1=2); it's the foursome/fourball matches where his record is bad. And yes, he was only in the winning team in 1999, missing the US wins in 2008 and 2016.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"I didn't feel like I played poorly. That's the frustrating thing about match play."

Trash type remark

Way to support your teammate

Anyone played any good golves recently?

monolith

Quote from: Andy147 on September 29, 2018, 08:02:52 PM
That doesn't include his 3 losses this year.
His singles record in the event is decent (+4-1=2); it's the foursome/fourball matches where his record is bad. And yes, he was only in the winning team in 1999, missing the US wins in 2008 and 2016.
You aren't really reliant on your partner in the fourballs though, only the foursomes. If your partner plays badly in the fourballs then it puts extra pressure on you but there's still nothing stopping you winning every hole if you play well no matter how badly your partner plays.

Either way, for a man of his talent his record is inexplicable.

Andy147

The strange thing is that in 8 Ryder Cups he's played in 29 out of a possible 31 foursomes/fourballs matches, despite clearly not enjoying the formats. It's understandable up to 2002 when he was winning everything, but you'd have thought after that he'd have just played in one or two of the four.

Norton Canes

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 30, 2018, 05:47:44 AM
Anyone played any good golves recently?

I love a bit of mini golf. There's a new one opened at a garden centre a few miles away, need to give it a go.