Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2018?

Started by DrGreggles, August 13, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Thrashbarg

The Seahawks would've win with a competent play caller at least.

Was surprised at the amount of people thinking the Texans were going to win. They've had a very generous schedule and still weren't overly convincing in most of their wins. And the Colts outplayed them twice earlier in the season. Bit disappointing as a Colts fan that they weren't a bit more adventurous on offence in the second half, but I suppose winning was all that mattered.

DrGreggles

The Colts have been superb since October, but I thought the Texans had kept something in reserve from coasting through the end of the regular season. Both previous matches were tight, so I was surprised how comfortable it was for the Colts.
Still not convinced about Watson as a top QB either.

My mate genuinely thinks that the Colts can go all the way, and has been saying so for a while. I'm not sure about that, but they're up there with the Bears in terms of THE form teams.

finnquark

Stupidly engaged with this jamboree over Christmas, staying up with my nocturnal 76 year old grandfather to watch New Orleans beat Pittsburgh, but back home now and have no Sky Sports. Where is the best place to watch the playoffs online?

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 05, 2019, 09:26:03 PM
A quick Wild Card prediction:

Texas to edge it against the Colts
Seahawks to comfortably win in Dallas

Bears to beat the Eagles by 2 scores
Ravens to shock the Chargers

What can I say? It's a gift!

I also offer tips on the Grand National...

Dex Sawash

I hate the fuckin Eagles, man

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 05, 2019, 09:26:03 PM
A quick Wild Card prediction:

Texas to edge it against the Colts
Seahawks to comfortably win in Dallas
Bears to beat the Eagles by 2 scores
Ravens to shock the Chargers

That was probably quite difficult to do.

I don't usually do the lottery, but I think this could be my lucky week!

Old Thrashbarg

The first part of the punishment for finishing in last place in the other league I'm in takes place tomorrow. The loser has to get a 5am train from Leeds to Norfolk to spend the day watching some preliminary round matches at the World Indoor Bowls Championships. Whilst watching some bowls in itself isn't necessarily a terrible punishment, having to spend many hours of your Saturday travelling to and from there on your own makes me very glad I avoided last place.

The second part will be for them to provide waitress service at our Super Bowl party.

Dex Sawash

We should force you to put some sort of silly fruit hat on your avatar for last place

DrGreggles

After last week's success, here are my picks for this weekend (in order of certainty):
Rams to beat Cowboys
Patriots to beat Chargers
Saints to beat Eagles
Colts to beat Chiefs*

*can't go with all 4 home teams

Old Thrashbarg

I'm stupidly excited for the Colts game, but that prediction has dampened enthusiasm a bit.

DrGreggles

Sorry about that.
It was only because I couldn't see all 4 games going with the seedings.
Had to go for at least one of the form teams, so it was either the Colts or the Eagles.

Really looking forward to all the games though.

DrGreggles

I'm not accepting blame for this!

DrGreggles

Ooh, blocked punt for a TD and suddenly the Colts are on the board!
17-7

I wonder if the Chiefs are starting to get flashbacks to last year?

DrGreggles

Impressive defence from the Chiefs.
Luck has been completely shut down.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2019, 09:13:41 PM
After last week's success, here are my picks for this weekend (in order of certainty):
Rams to beat Cowboys
Saints to beat Eagles
Colts to beat Chiefs*

Off to a flyer!

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2019, 10:14:07 PM
I'm not accepting blame for this!

I'm not saying it's your fault, but I do hate you.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2019, 09:13:41 PM
Rams to beat Cowboys
Saints to beat Eagles
Colts to beat Chiefs*

FINALLY!

ziggy starbucks

I quite liked the patriots up until the moment when brady/craft/belichek all revealed themselves as trump supporters so fuck them and c'mon chargers!

Gulftastic

FUCK OFF EDDIE BUTLER!

Just fuck off.

hummingofevil

Quote from: finnquark on January 06, 2019, 06:55:06 PM
Stupidly engaged with this jamboree over Christmas, staying up with my nocturnal 76 year old grandfather to watch New Orleans beat Pittsburgh, but back home now and have no Sky Sports. Where is the best place to watch the playoffs online?

Late reply but gamepass is £30 for rest of season.

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/subscribe/plans?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwe6OrZjr3wIVzrXtCh2YGw93EAAYASAAEgJoXPD_BwE

hummingofevil

Did you guys see the photo of Madden before? McVay is youngest coach ever to win a play off game. Beating Maddrn's record when he was 33years old in 1969.

https://goo.gl/images/YF5EwW

DrGreggles

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 13, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
Did you guys see the photo of Madden before? McVay is youngest coach ever to win a play off game. Beating Maddrn's record when he was 33years old in 1969.

https://goo.gl/images/YF5EwW

Madden is one of those people you can't imagine ever being young.
He should have been in the Brotherhood of Man!

EOLAN

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on January 13, 2019, 01:53:40 PM
I quite liked the patriots up until the moment when brady/craft/belichek all revealed themselves as trump supporters so fuck them and c'mon chargers!

Of course Phil Rivers was a massive Rick Santorum fan. Though at least he practices what he preaches about his religious beliefs on contraception.

ziggy starbucks

28-7 game over

Trump beaming

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on January 13, 2019, 07:12:52 PM
Trump beaming

Doubt it. He's in a permanent strop with the NFL since he failed the ownership test in the early 80s.

mikeyg27

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 13, 2019, 07:37:30 PM
Doubt it. He's in a permanent strop with the NFL since he failed the ownership test in the early 80s.

If anybody's not seen it, I highly recommend the 30 for 30 doc Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL? which covers a lot of this topic (spoiler alert: it was Trump that killed it) and includes an interview with the man himself which goes pretty much how you would expect. It's also worth looking at the correspondence Mike Tollin (the director) got from Trump after the interview as well (on which Trump scribbled the actual phrase "P.S. you are a loser").

hummingofevil

Well we've got a game. Saints to come good 2nd half I think. But I'm clueless and just like the helmets.

Next week should be fun. Hate the way you really get into NFL around Xmas and all of a sudden there are hardly any games left.