Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2018?

Started by DrGreggles, August 13, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Quote from: mikeyg27 on January 13, 2019, 08:38:28 PM
If anybody's not seen it, I highly recommend the 30 for 30 doc Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL? which covers a lot of this topic (spoiler alert: it was Trump that killed it) and includes an interview with the man himself which goes pretty much how you would expect. It's also worth looking at the correspondence Mike Tollin (the director) got from Trump after the interview as well (on which Trump scribbled the actual phrase "P.S. you are a loser").

I saw a few of season 1 including the Baltimore one about the band that was great (and the Gretzky/LA Kings one which is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen). Wanted to see more but could never find them? Can you watch them legally in UK?

DrGreggles

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 13, 2019, 11:21:31 PM
Well we've got a game. Saints to come good 2nd half I think.

Yes, terrific game. Best of the play-offs so far.

Think that interception might have sealed it for the Saints.

DrGreggles

Saints and Pats, since you didn't ask.

maett

mikeyg27

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 13, 2019, 11:23:27 PM

I saw a few of season 1 including the Baltimore one about the band that was great (and the Gretzky/LA Kings one which is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen). Wanted to see more but could never find them? Can you watch them legally in UK?

I don't think they're collectively on any streaming service but BT Sport show them quite often, especially in the football off-season. There's no rhyme or reason to the scheduling, though.

hummingofevil

Quote from: mikeyg27 on January 20, 2019, 08:32:05 PM
I don't think they're collectively on any streaming service but BT Sport show them quite often, especially in the football off-season. There's no rhyme or reason to the scheduling, though.

If you sign up to the NCAA ESPN network thing you get access to ESPN Films. It's got the USFL Trump one, the Baltimore Colts band and the Raiders/Rap one. Also got the 6 hour OJ documentary. Got 10 days to get through them before free trial time out.

hummingofevil

I really want Rans Chiefs but Saints looking strong. DEE-FFEEENNNSSEE!!

DrGreggles

BlodwynPig

QuoteLA Rams vs New Orleans Saints: Jared Goff 'dating swimsuit model' | Daily Star

Yeh, that's what we want updating on during the match. Fucking cunts.

DrGreggles

Brees intercepted - 20 yards and the Rams are in FG range for the win!

maett

The uncalled pass interference  was outrageous .

The things the refs spot without video evidence always amazes in the NFL, but how they missed that was staggering.

DrGreggles

Best team this season OUT!

It's going to be the fucking Pats again, isn't it.

hummingofevil

Whoop. Happy with that.

That call was bizarre though. Can anyone explain why it wasn't reviewed? In a game with what seems like thousands of TV cameras and officials how did they miss it? Is there any reason why is might not have been a penalty.

DrGreggles

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 20, 2019, 11:26:40 PM
That call was bizarre though. Can anyone explain why it wasn't reviewed? In a game with what seems like thousands of TV cameras and officials how did they miss it? Is there any reason why is might not have been a penalty.

I don't think non-flags can be challenged or reviewed.

mikeyg27

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 20, 2019, 11:25:30 PM

Maybe Brady / Belichick are on a farewell tour of contrition and are going to lose a revenge Super Bowl each year from here on out? Eagles last year, Rams this year? Just leaves Carolina, Atlanta and Seattle.

The crazy thing about the Patriots is that they're 5-3 in Super Bowls but could quite easily be 1-7 (they were never losing that first Eagles one) or 8-0. Their points differential over eight SBs is +4.

hummingofevil

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 20, 2019, 11:31:11 PM
I don't think non-flags can be challenged or reviewed.

That makes sense generally if coaches review everything that's not called but seems daft it's in massive screen and officials can't teview their own decision.

I fancy this as high scoring. Let's hope so.

Old Thrashbarg

It's just not an offence that's reviewable. I think largely because it is (or can be) a very subjective call. Reviewable stuff is mostly to do with the position of the player/ball or whether a catch was made. So things are mostly objective.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on January 21, 2019, 12:28:06 AM
It's just not an offence that's reviewable. I think largely because it is (or can be) a very subjective call. Reviewable stuff is mostly to do with the position of the player/ball or whether a catch was made. So things are mostly objective.

Thanks. So much to learn. :)

DrGreggles

A call going against the Pats in a play-off game?
Now I've seen everything!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 20, 2019, 11:25:30 PM
Best team this season OUT!

I only follow the Saints as I was down there at the end of the summer when a game was on and the atmosphere was great. So a shame they didn't get to the final.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 21, 2019, 02:07:08 AM
A call going against the Pats in a play-off game?
Now I've seen everything!

Overturned, obviously.
Looked like the correct call first time, and there's meant to be clear evidence to overturn the call on the field.
One rule for the Pats... etc...

Brady must agree, and has kindly thrown an interception!

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2019, 02:12:30 AM
I only follow the Saints as I was down there at the end of the summer when a game was on and the atmosphere was great. So a shame they didn't get to the final.

I wanted them to win too. Great to watch and Drew Brees is still amazing at the age of 106.

Chiefs lead!

BlodwynPig

Of course, the BBC in their report of the game don't even mention this controversial moment in the game! Fucking dregs.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 21, 2019, 02:14:11 AM
Overturned, obviously.
Looked like the correct call first time, and there's meant to be clear evidence to overturn the call on the field.
One rule for the Pats... etc...

Brady must agree, and has kindly thrown an interception!

That's 3 BIG calls in the Pats' favour in the last 2 possessions.
1 harsh roughing the passer penalty and 2 challenges that both went their way - despite the evidence suggesting otherwise.
Suddenly happening since they went behind.
Suspicious...

Oh, and now they've scored to lead again. FFS...

DrGreggles

Twitter seems to agree with me, which is always concerning...

DrGreggles

Chiefs go straight down the field and lead again!

28-24
2 minutes left
Refs get their flags ready...

DrGreggles

Cunts ahead again. 39 secs left.

Up the Rams!

DrGreggles

Overtime again.
We know how this will end...

DrGreggles

Bastards!

Can anyone explain how the OT rules are fair?
Never understood why both teams don't get at least one possession.
Whoever wins the toss and gets the ball first has a huge advantage.

Mr Eggs

Cunts win.

That is just how it is.