Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,183
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2018?

Started by DrGreggles, August 13, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 21, 2019, 03:18:28 AM
Bastards!

Can anyone explain how the OT rules are fair?
Never understood why both teams don't get at least one possession.
Whoever wins the toss and gets the ball first has a huge advantage.

In college football they take turns with the ball in OT. If you win the toss you usually take second possession, that way you know if you need a TD or a FG to win or tie again. Not perfect but beats the nfl way.

EOLAN

Probably best I stayed out of this threat last night. The one really bad call against the Chiefs was obviously the 'roughing the passer' call. Thought there was a pass interference non-call on Gronk late-on that wasn't given but Chiefs got a much softer one minutes later. But on the margins of the call and their potential impact on the final game nothing as outrageous as the Rams Pass interference. Although I know a few Vikings who are thrilled in putting up some ten-year challenge photos of the Saints and revelling in their misery.

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 21, 2019, 03:18:28 AM
Bastards!

Can anyone explain how the OT rules are fair?
Never understood why both teams don't get at least one possession.
Whoever wins the toss and gets the ball first has a huge advantage.

The biggest and most decisive call in the game was for 'Heads' by Slater. Yes not fair; but fairer than they used to be, when a field-goal would win it. Ideally teams should keep playing with a possession each until their is a change in the scores; but would think part of the reasoning if the worry the game could go on much longer with scores being matched.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 21, 2019, 03:25:20 AM
In college football they take turns with the ball in OT. If you win the toss you usually take second possession, that way you know if you need a TD or a FG to win or tie again. Not perfect but beats the nfl way.

I was at a college game a few years ago that went to OT, and it was the first time I was aware of the different OT rules.
It genuinely baffles and annoys me that the NFL can't see that this is a problem.

hummingofevil

Quote from: EOLAN on January 21, 2019, 09:32:19 AM
Probably best I stayed out of this threat last night. The one really bad call against the Chiefs was obviously the 'roughing the passer' call. Thought there was a pass interference non-call on Gronk late-on that wasn't given but Chiefs got a much softer one minutes later. But on the margins of the call and their potential impact on the final game nothing as outrageous as the Rams Pass interference. Although I know a few Vikings who are thrilled in putting up some ten-year challenge photos of the Saints and revelling in their misery.

The biggest and most decisive call in the game was for 'Heads' by Slater. Yes not fair; but fairer than they used to be, when a field-goal would win it. Ideally teams should keep playing with a possession each until their is a change in the scores; but would think part of the reasoning if the worry the game could go on much longer with scores being matched.

There was that 2nd quarter last week where one drive took up pretty much the full 15 mins but surely it's such a rare occasion that giving both teams possession is a better than solution than current one which just seems so one sided. Also, if you have both teams score a field goal on their possession that would probably suggest longer drives (in numbers of downs) due to better defences.

DrGreggles

Anyone else watching tonight?

bgmnts

May give the halftime show a watch.

DrGreggles

Can't recall a halftime show since Prince, which suggests they've been cack.

DrGreggles

Dex Sawash

I'll be watching in support of Anyone But Patriots.
Wife will change channels to the Puppy Bowl at halftime.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 03, 2019, 10:51:22 PM
Anyone But Patriots.

Likewise.
Got a gut feeling that the Pats will win fairly comfortably, sadly.
We're due a Superbowl blow out.

imitationleather

Looking forward to when they hold the Super Bowl at Tottenham's new stadium so it finishes at a more decent hour. These schedulers are just lucky that I don't have anything to be up early for!

DrGreggles

Nice of "The GOAT" to through a cheap interception when they were in FG range anyway.

bgmnts

That old American bloke has been doing NFL punditry on the BBC for about 300 years hasn't he?

DrGreggles

0-0 and it probably should be at least 6-0 Pats - or possibly even 10-0.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on February 03, 2019, 11:55:58 PM
That old American bloke has been doing NFL punditry on the BBC for about 300 years hasn't he?

Mike Carlson?
He used to do the radio coverage and podcast too.
I think he's pretty good.

bgmnts

Aye. I always thought the two other lads and Chappy Chappers would take the piss out of him behind his back and I feel bad for him.

Southgate popping up again!

DrGreggles

Goff struggling.
Rams total offence is less than 30 yards so far. Just one 1st down.

bgmnts

Is this deliberate soaking up the pressure and hit them on the counter or just a bit shit?

bgmnts

American pronunciation of -owski is irksome.

Also, Southgate looking like a work experience kid again, it's great.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on February 04, 2019, 12:22:46 AM
Is this deliberate soaking up the pressure and hit them on the counter or just a bit shit?

Defences both very un-shit.

DrGreggles

Edelman is the only offensive player doing anything.

bgmnts

Ahh alright then. Boring as fuck so far.

Hearing Americans using British terms is always a laugh though, it's keeping me entertained. Americans are so loud and self assured its nuts. Could you imagine Murphy and Lawrenson talking like this on MotD?

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on February 04, 2019, 12:48:18 AM
Ahh alright then. Boring as fuck so far.

I don't mind it at all.
It's as big a part of the game as scoring.

Didn't always think that way though.

DrGreggles

Maroon 5?

Looks like there were a lot of artists boycotting because of Kaepernick after all.
It's a long way down the list before you get to Maroon fucking 5!

bgmnts

Who is this arsehole jumping up and down?

Everyone going mental for it.

Humans need to be destroyed.

DrGreggles

Are these Maroon 5's biggest hits?
I can only deduce from this that I don't know any Maroon 5 songs.

Ooh, it's Big Boi!

bgmnts

Did you see that old bloke with his missus in the crowd? Going apeshit.

hummingofevil

Loving this game. Tense as fuck and I don't really care who wins outside of my little bet on Rams.

Offence wins games, defence wins championships.

If I had to kill myself im going with Rams still but Pats look ominous. Who steps up?

hummingofevil

Half-time shows have been quite good since that The Who abomination but that was dogshit.