Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:34:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2018?

Started by DrGreggles, August 13, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Mad 1st half in Pittsburgh.
Chiefs 21-0 up after the first quarter.
21-21 at HT.

EOLAN

Great early kick off watch of RedZone. Smart move to make Mahones my starting QB. Although Big Ben did seem to outscore him. I feel big Ben seems to be a great fantasy QB when he 9or his offence) starts playing very poorly in the match because they always seem capable of hauling back a lead.

Old Thrashbarg

Big Ben is a great fantasy QB when he's playing at home. And never at any other time.

The last hour of the early game window was beautifully chaotic. It'll be interesting to see the fallout for at least a couple of kickers, especially when there's a pretty good set of them that are currently free agents. If the Browns had just had picked up Dan Bailey when he became available they'd be on 2-0 now.

mikeyg27

Oh man, I happened to switch over to RedZone (which is so good) just in time to catch the end of the Packers-Vikings game, and I felt so bad for that Vikings kicker. I'm not sure you can come back from that, his only saving grace is that they didn't actually lose.

Old Thrashbarg

He's probably got more chance than others would have in that situation because he was drafted quite early (for a kicker). So they might be a bit more willing to stick it out to get some return on their draft investment than if it was just a bit of cash.

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on September 17, 2018, 09:47:31 AM
Great early kick off watch of RedZone. Smart move to make Mahones my starting QB. Although Big Ben did seem to outscore him. I feel big Ben seems to be a great fantasy QB when he 9or his offence) starts playing very poorly in the match because they always seem capable of hauling back a lead.

The QB points are scored for TD passes, total yards, total completions, etc.
I'll post a breakdown of the scoring system when I can find it.

DrGreggles

maett

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on September 21, 2018, 03:04:03 PM
Defence looks decent!

Yes, very good.
Denzel Ward already looks like a star, but I'm still surprised that they prioritised a new QB over Bradley Chubb.
That said, Baker Mayfield played well enough last night.

hummingofevil

Hey guys and gals. I'm not knowledgable enough to play fantasy football but got the NFL game pass and absolutely loving this season so far. My problem is avoiding spoilers so can watch as many games as possible without knowing the scores but happy to join in general chatter if you don't mind.

BlodwynPig

Was in the business district of New Orleans this evening and they had the game on live (NO vs Giants) on screens all over the place. Quite exciting being in the city as the game is on. Seeing people actually enthused by a NFL game for once.

EOLAN

Think this should be general NFL chat alright sweet hummingofevil. Finding RedZone a great way to watch matches; though probably prefer the late kick-off version where you get more detailed almost play by play of all games rather than just the actual Redzone chances being featured. Plus if you see them cutting to somebody at midfield you know that almost inevitably will be a touchdown.

Not the fantasy league we have; but another 32 team league (so we have a load of rubbish players padding out our squads with 1 stud if you are lucky) had me super invested in the Browns v Raiders game. But unfortunately Nick Chubb's two touches and Jared Cook's late surge with his touch-down and later catches saw me narrowly lose both my match ups. Which I would have won had my last minute toing and froing between Zach Line (rarely touches ball for New Orleans Saints but anyone who does usually gets a touchdown) and Michael Gallup (Cowboys non star received will get couple touches but never likely to score a touchdown - 'cos well the Cowboys aren't ever likely to) saw me lose out, going from a  5-3 record to a 3-5.

Anyway; all down to how Kansas City utilise their offence tonight between My Grunties and Luton Public Toilets.

DrGreggles

The Browns could easily be 4-0 now instead of 1-2-1.
The difference this season is amazing.

The Steelers defence on the other hand has turned to dog shit without Shazier.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 01, 2018, 10:59:28 AM
The Browns could easily be 4-0 now instead of 1-2-1.
The difference this season is amazing.

The Steelers defence on the other hand has turned to dog shit without Shazier.

Well they were always going to lose when they were on the Nelson of 1-1-1. Good old Dicky Shephard must have been hopping on one foot up in Wisconsin to lift the curse from them. Also; always keep reading 1-2-1 as one win, two ties and one loss, which keeps me being briefly baffled.
Also; genuine query I throw out here rather than googling myself. I trust that ties are only effectively a break on teams with same amount of wins. I.e. there are no number of ties that would cancel out a team having one extra win. So in the extremest of cases; a team that finishes with no wins and 16 ties would still be behind a team with one win and 15 losses.

Can understand to an extent the Colts coach going for the win on 4th down rather than looking to tie game but given that it was against a conference rival; that would have swayed me to prevent them from winning.

maett

I might be getting confused as it was early morning. But the Browns were denied a clear first down and the chance to just run the clock down for a win. Yet it was reviewed and strangely changed to 4th and inches. As you say they could be 4-0  so easily.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: EOLAN on October 01, 2018, 11:25:19 AM
Can understand to an extent the Colts coach going for the win on 4th down rather than looking to tie game but given that it was against a conference rival; that would have swayed me to prevent them from winning.

As you've said, it's winning percentage that counts, with ties only coming into effect to split teams with the same number of wins. And in the case of the Colts, the Jaguars are likely to up the most wins in that division and with a couple of other strong divisions in the AFC, it seems unlikely the wildcard team will come from the AFC South. So really they need to get more wins than the Jags, which they won't do by tying with teams they should beat at home. If they don't run a shit play everyone probably praises Reich's aggressive approach.

DrGreggles

Ha! The Giants* just lost to a 63 yard** FG as time expired.

*my girlfriend's team
**joint 2nd longest ever

Dex Sawash

Fudge, left my TE on the bench

DrGreggles

Some amazing stuff last night - mainly the Steelers winning (no bias there...) and the Chiefs/Pats match.
If the Dolphins hadn't won, Drake's OT fumble 2 inches from the end zone would have been one of the all-time classic fuck-ups!

EOLAN

Couldn't stay up for the Patriots vs Chiefs match. Caught the Youtube highlights which is actually pretty well packaged. Don't miss out on much; showing reasonably enough to get a feel of big performers outside the big plays and still unsure whether a play will lead to a first down, big-play or a turn-over (unlike Match of the Day where any seasoned viewer can predict if a sub does something, or if something comes of a corner by what of the build up they show).

Anyway; got plenty of points of Mahones and Hunt while still seeing the Patriots win.
Didn't feel as compelled by RedZone today. Probably more due to the later games which were probably all wipe-outs even allowing for the Broncos fight-back - and my other fantasy team elsewhere doing shite.

DrGreggles

The official NFL YouTube channel is great.
A 10-15 minute highlights video of EVERY match and plenty of other content.
Compare it with the Premier League trying to remove all their footage as soon as it goes up.

EOLAN

My picking up of Patrick Mahomes on the waiver wire certainly seems to be a smart move.
Still; Chiefs offence likely to blow up just as we hit our own vital play-offs.

DrGreggles

Lost my Steelers' points machine trio this week.
They've been getting me 100-120 a week most of the season.
Bloody bye weeks...

EOLAN

Well the last perfect record has gone. Presume there were plenty of celebrations down in Miami as the media say their usually are.

As for Fantasy; well I had the issue of having my star player in this League be up against me in another - slightly more higher stakes lead. Almost felt like dropping Mahomes to the bench to stamp out any rooting interest conflicts but can't let emption overshadow such decisions.

DrGreggles

That Rams v Saints game was superb.
If there's any justice in the world they'll meet again in the NFC Championship match.

DrGreggles

Been waiting for that performance from the Steelers for AGES!
7 touchdowns + beating up on Can Newton.
Tremendous stuff all round.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 09, 2018, 10:16:13 AM
Been waiting for that performance from the Steelers for AGES!
7 touchdowns + beating up on Can Newton.
Tremendous stuff all round.

Need to check up again on the NFC vs AFC win rate.

Not much love for the Steelers here. But that was a great performance. Seem to be developing a team. Brown seems quieter than usual and Smith Schuster stepping up. Decent options with McDonald and James at Tight End - not outstanding but will chip in and make a play when required. And who is LeVeon Bell with James Conner being a consistently strong performer. And defence came up big.
As a Pats fan; am starting to get a bit more worried about the Steelers than the Chiefs.

Last couple of games McCaffrey has been fantastic, and possibly carrying the team lately.

Luckily in one of my 32 team fantasy Leagues I didn't trade the Minnesota defence for Carolina's. Getting zilch from the Viking but much better than the multiple negative points those Panthers would offer me. Just need to hope Matt Barkley has a stormer for the bills after Nathan Peterman is withdrawn following the interception fest we are due in New Jersey on Sunday.

maett

Bullshit!

Mayfield 17/20  213 yrds 3 tds 0 int  6 rushes 20 yrds   
Luck       21/29  285 yrds 3 tds 1 int  5 rushes -2 yrds

Mayfield 46 points Luck 59 points

Bullshit!
13 more points for 4 more completions and 72 yrds and the fucker threw an interception
Bullshit!

And Le'veon Bell can also get to fuck! Sitting out the entire season in a contract dispute

DrGreggles

Chiefs v Rams 'Mexico' game moved to LA because of "shit Mexican grass".

Des from 'Neighbours' reports:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrKrFcw049g

I wonder if this would have happened if the game wasn't between the teams with best records in their respective divisions...