Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 7

Started by Clownbaby, August 14, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

I assumed that everyone had blocked notjosh.

Small Man Big Horse

Thanks for that DrGreggles, I'd blocked NotJosh so not seen it before.

DrGreggles

Excellent! My evil ploy worked!

Queneau

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 16, 2018, 02:15:16 PM
I assumed that everyone had blocked notjosh.

I've only recently returned so haven't had time to block. What's the cad been up to?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Queneau on November 16, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
I've only recently returned so haven't had time to block. What's the cad been up to?

Let's just say that he's referred to as CaB's very own Michael Richards.

arpster

binged the full series over the last few nights....hugely enjoyable.....I like the way the TM series are long enough to get to know the contestants, but in this case rather than familiarity breeding contempt, as it has done with some in the past, I found myself warming to them all and it got progressively funnier as it went along....Rhod in particular was terrific...eccentric, irascible and amusingly over-competitive....but all of them contributed......the series 8 lineup have a tough act to follow

notjosh

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 16, 2018, 04:29:56 PM
Let's just say that he's referred to as CaB's very own Michael Richards.

*Opens door of thread to wild applause*

DrGreggles

Small Man Big Horse

There's speculation on Reddit that Rachel Riley might be one of the next contestants, as she's just posted a video on twitter claiming that she's bad at maths and has all the answers fed to her by producers: https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1066407882839769090 - which sounds like the kind of task they've made people do in the past.

vainsharpdad

Also that Herring's Stone Clearing Podcast might be related to the same task.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: vainsharpdad on November 24, 2018, 10:28:15 PM

I'm not aware of that, what's it about?

Robot DeNiro

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 24, 2018, 09:55:00 PM
There's speculation on Reddit that Rachel Riley might be one of the next contestants, as she's just posted a video on twitter claiming that she's bad at maths and has all the answers fed to her by producers: https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1066407882839769090 - which sounds like the kind of task they've made people do in the past.
That video looks fake.  The audio sounds cut up in places, and the mouth looks a bit CGI.  It's obviously a stunt for something, but I'm not convinced it's Taskmaster

olliebean

Quote from: vainsharpdad on November 24, 2018, 10:28:15 PM

It's just the sort of thing Herring does for a laugh, isn't it? Logical successor to the Me1 vs Me2 Snooker, I'd have thought.

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on November 24, 2018, 10:46:13 PM
That video looks fake.  The audio sounds cut up in places, and the mouth looks a bit CGI.  It's obviously a stunt for something, but I'm not convinced it's Taskmaster

She tweeted afterwards, it was an anti-fraud advert for HSBC. Was a doctored video, which to be fair is pretty terrifying.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 26, 2018, 09:57:14 AM
She tweeted afterwards, it was an anti-fraud advert for HSBC. Was a doctored video, which to be fair is pretty terrifying.

I just heard about that which is a shame as I'd like to have seen her on Taskmaster.

Small Man Big Horse

Another reddit rumour - apparently David Baddiel "quoted a tweet that said he'd be great on Taskmaster, and said that "I'm doing it" and "first bit of filming in 2 weeks", but the tweet has since been deleted, and if filming begins in two weeks it's presumably for series 9. Either way if true it's terrible news!

10 episodes of Taskmaster is enough time for him to shoehorn all of his anecdotes in twice

olliebean

Phil Wang was the headliner on Live at the Apollo this week, and frankly I thought he was bloody awful - his set seemed to be mostly about how brilliant he is for going down on women. That was the joke. "I go down on loads of women, therefore I'm a massive hero" was pretty much all the second half of his set consisted of.

I saw Phil Wang do a brief set years and years ago on a Richard Herring WIP double bill, 2011 maybe, and I don't think he's improved at all in that time. Same awkward, stilted delivery and lack of stage presence. I think he was on Rob Brydon's chat show a week after that, which I couldn't believe. I thought he was an open mic act getting a shot. Avalon get things done, I suppose

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on December 07, 2018, 12:30:09 PM
Phil Wang was the headliner on Live at the Apollo this week, and frankly I thought he was bloody awful - his set seemed to be mostly about how brilliant he is for going down on women. That was the joke. "I go down on loads of women, therefore I'm a massive hero" was pretty much all the second half of his set consisted of.

I saw him as part of a mixed bill back in October and was unimpressed too, I liked him on the show but live he was the weakest act of the night.