Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 7

Started by Clownbaby, August 14, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatheart

Loved the third episode - even the live task was pretty good.

I love Rhod's mix of lateral thinking and fucking everything up for the sake of annoying Greg. Kerry's straightforward approach to everything is a bit dull, although I thought her contribution to the best noise task was the best of the lot, and the best thing she's done on the show. She was robbed, frankly.

Slightly disappointed that the haggling running joke was nowhere to be seen. I honestly think it would have been a lot funnier to crowbar it in every episode than to just do it in two.

DrGreggles

It was a shame that Acaster's lack of greetings to Alex was mentioned.
I'd spotted it in episodes 1 & 2 and was hoping that it was one of those secret tasks.

Quote from: RenegadeScrew on September 10, 2018, 06:49:23 PM
I've never been a big fan of the final task bit and usually zone out at the end of the show.

I prefer it to the prize task which seems to have evolved into 'think of a funny item'. It felt like there was a bit of jeopardy when Frank Skinner was competing for Tim Key's Perrier award (which I believe is still on the former's mantelpiece).

Still, only a minor complaint. The first two episodes of this have provided more laughs than the whole of the last series.

olliebean

Expecting to see Phil Wang turn up in Stewart Lee's Plagiarists' Corner any day now.

BritishHobo

I thought that was the funniest prize task in ages. The shame as it dawned on everyone how unanimously shit they all were.

Hat FM

does everyone just watch this online now then?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Hat FM on September 14, 2018, 10:24:03 AM
does everyone just watch this online now then?

Yep. Then I moan about the 2 week wait for the final.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 14, 2018, 10:52:44 AM
Yep. Then I moan about the 2 week wait for the final.
And I say I'm not going to watch it early because of said 2-week wait, then I do it anyway because I can't resist the temptation.

Great three episodes so far.

I was beaming from the first to the last minute of the third episode. Has any other show been this entertaining in its seventh series?

It's hardly surprising that this series is much funnier than the last when all five contestants are comedians.

Gregory Torso

This is shaping up to be the best series of Taskmaster ina while I think (certainly after the last one which I didn't even finish watching). I'd never heard of Jessica Knappett before but I think she's lovely and extremely endearingly awkward. I like the others although Phil Wang is a bit shit.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Gregory Torso on September 15, 2018, 11:34:33 PM
This is shaping up to be the best series of Taskmaster ina while I think (certainly after the last one which I didn't even finish watching). I'd never heard of Jessica Knappett before but I think she's lovely and extremely endearingly awkward. I like the others although Phil Wang is a bit shit.

Knappett is new to me too, but she's adorable.

imitationleather

Last series I bailed after two episodes because I couldn't stand the entire panel. Just a really unfunny group of people. The only series of Taskmaster that I've given up on are that one and the one with Noel Fielding and a load of people who were not funny at all. The fact Fielding appeared to be the most funny person in that series really demonstrated how bad it was. This, however, is Taskmaster back at it's best. I won't say this too loudly, but it has the potential to be nearly as good as the Bob Mortimer series.

With the guests appearing for the entire series it's a show that really does live or die on the quality of who they get to appear.

TMJ

Absolutely loving episode 4. In the opening task alone: Rhod and James antagonising Greg, Greg with Phil's box, the return of THAT joke.. and the rest of the show has been delightful. As much as I did get into the last series at the very end (just about), this series has taken five minutes to want to see all 10 episodes all at once, forever and ever.

olliebean

Favourite moment so far:

"Oh, just open the box, you pussy!"

DrGreggles

Quote from: olliebean on September 20, 2018, 11:26:19 AM
Favourite moment so far:

"Oh, just open the box, you pussy!"

I fucking roared at that.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 20, 2018, 11:27:45 AM
I fucking roared at that.

The follow-up, with the menacing aside discssion and Knappett's "Isn't it annoying when people make you do tasks that you don't understand?", was perfect.

TMJ

That was wonderful, as was Acaster's genuine reaction to Rhod going after Kerry and his failed attempt to stop the lift. Considering he doesn't seem to speak much at all on stage, compared to the others at least, he's managed to win me over quite considerably this week.

Utter Shit

This thread is so confusing with people discussing different episodes in real time. Stop watching the week-ahead online version you bastards/bitches.

nugget

This is the only thing on TV I look forward to each week. Even the supposed 'shit' series are a good watch.

I was worried before the start of this series that Phil Wang and Rhod Gilbert would start to grate on me (usually I can only take them in small doses) but I've warmed to them in this, and I like that Rhod keeps having digs at Greg Davies. I'd never heard of Jessica Knappet and Kerry Godliman before, I'm finding Jessica quite charming and Keri's constant state of confusion is amusing. I already liked James Acaster and he's always good value on things like this. His pathetic attempt at the lift task in the last episode made me laugh. I think all of the contestants are really pulling their weight this series.

bigfatheart

Yeah, I said last week that Kerry's straight-forwardness was grating on me, but after the fourth episode I'm won round. She's combative and prone to red mist, which makes her good value.

This is one of the best series yet. Loved the hidden solution to the last task too, I always like it when they do stuff like that. I thought that the statue might be the key from one of the camera shots used during Phil's attempt, but didn't make the connection as to why.

Mango Chimes

The latest episode (online, obv) was brilliant. The programme really shines when you have contestants trying to be clever bastards and when they have a relationship with Greg or Alex allowing both sides to be a bit more spiky. James provides the first, Rhod's covers both, Jessica brings a different sort of joyous energy, and the other two work as ballast. I've enjoyed every series, but this feels a bit rejuvenated.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Mango Chimes on September 21, 2018, 10:41:17 AM
The latest episode (online, obv) was brilliant.

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH

Quote from: Mango Chimes on September 21, 2018, 10:41:17 AM
The programme really shines when you have contestants trying to be clever bastards and when they have a relationship with Greg or Alex allowing both sides to be a bit more spiky. James provides the first, Rhod's covers both, Jessica brings a different sort of joyous energy, and the other two work as ballast. I've enjoyed every series, but this feels a bit rejuvenated.

One of my favourite parts of the show is how utterly arbitrary Greg's judging is. One task he rewards the clever bastards for thinking outside the box, the next he just disqualifies them outright. It's a brilliant device, because the contestants never know how he will react to them.

I don't have anything more insightful to add than saying that this series has been an absolute fucking joy so far.

Seagullsim

Strangely, Jessica Knappett has been absolutely lovely in this, but i've just seen the latest Travelling Man episode where she's the guest, and she was infuriating. Talking over everyone constantly, and making that bloody horn noise every 5 minutes.

Just goes to show that Taskmaster really brings the best out of people (except Lolly Adefope - she was genuinely awful).

Utter Shit

Just watched the most recent (NON-ONLINE) episode. God this series has been so great.

DrGreggles

Another great episode.
And I'm developing a bit of a thing for Jess - especially when she's rocking that early 80s Bananarama look!

Small Man Big Horse

I think I now genuinely hate Kerry Godliman. I mean appearing in Derek was bad enough but she's so fucking annoying in this, for me she's the worst contestant the show has ever had and is spoiling the series for me. If I ever met her, well, I'd probably not even shake her hand and just glare at her instead. Yeah.

Sin Agog

She'd probably develop severe suicidal ideation just so she can out-hate you.  Bit competitive, that one.  Her episode of Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown is still one of the most bizarre, as it's the silliest, most disorderly gameshow since Shooting Stars, and yet you can just picture her crabbed, sweaty hands desperately clutching the air each round.  Seems to be her shtick on these things in lieu of being completely humourless.  It sort of makes for an interesting dynamic, but I really hope she doesn't get her own way and win this.

BeardFaceMan

She's a shouter, I hate people like that. Not funny, just saying things at volume. Constantly.