Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Big Brother summer 2018

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 14, 2018, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Take yer Love Island and shove it up yer chute. CBB is back on Thursday. The Scum have a line-up https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7003520/the-official-celebrity-big-brother-line-up-confirmed/

Not a bad group actually. And holy shit Stormy Daniels!

Malcy

I don't watch it but I'm always interested to see who's going in. What a load of shite.

Me and the missus always watch the launch show, make comments about the contestants and don't bother to watch it again for the rest of the series unless something mental happens such as Jade doing racism or Kinga shoving a wine bottle up herself.

EOLAN

I know who two of them women and who two of the men are.

Carrying out that calculation is basically as far as my interest goes.

Brundle-Fly

They've really run out of tv/film stars of the past now, haven't they? Either dead, too old to be going into that environment and can't get the insurance and since social media, the risk to be publically shamed, destroying your legacy merely because you make a non 'woke' comment or been edited to look like an old perv.

shiftwork2

Recognising 4 of the contestants too, I am on the verge of 'who is this Gazza?'.

gmoney

Nick Leeson is a fucking strange one isn't it? Has he done anything at all since coming out of prison?

Clownbaby

That time when that Tiffany lass absolutely lost her shit because Angie Bowie thought that by referring to David Bowie as just "David" and then not clarifying, Tiffany would automatically know she meant Bowie had died and not David Gest, who was in the house, was an absolute mess to watch. I was cracking up and cringing,  what a display. I know Angie must have been a bit in shock and just didn't think, but christ.

I love it when there's someone proper plastic surgery on cause you get to see what's going down under the layers of makeup once they get fed up of trying to keep up appearances.

I always say "won't bother with it this year" and then I'm sucked in. Like with X Factor.  And I do nothing but think about how frustrating they both are the whole time I watch them

St_Eddie

I don't have TV at my flat, so won't be watching.  Probably for the best really.  Oh, and the only contestant whom I know, is Kirstie Alley.  She was my first onscreen crush.

Bence Fekete

Impossible to tell who'll crack first or what state they're in on arrival although the celeb formats tend to unravel fairly rapidly (or sometimes they creep up and up like Barrymore/Galloway/Rodman/Burns).  Most of this sort of thing seems to boil down to who can hold their drink and/or survive without their medication/sex/sycophantic circle the longest.  Leeson has a clear advantage in this regard.

Deanjam

sevendaughters

I know quite a lot of them and am probably in my second decade of fancying Emmerdale babe Roxanne Pallett. Won't be watching but am hoping for an Angie Bowie/David Gest style situation.

EOLAN

Quote from: gmoney on August 14, 2018, 07:13:48 PM
Nick Leeson is a fucking strange one isn't it? Has he done anything at all since coming out of prison?
Seems to be hanging around Ireland for a bit. Did recall him being regularly interviewed on some of our national radio stations.

He was CEO of Irish football club Galway United. Was also on a series of Irish Celebrity Apprentice but can't recall a thing about that. Also the calibre of Irish Celebrity shows is quite drab and he was probably an even more stand out candidate than on Celebrity Big Brother.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 14, 2018, 08:29:46 PM
That time when that Tiffany lass absolutely lost her shit because Angie Bowie thought that by referring to David Bowie as just "David" and then not clarifying, Tiffany would automatically know she meant Bowie had died and not David Gest, who was in the house, was an absolute mess to watch. I was cracking up and cringing,  what a display. I know Angie must have been a bit in shock and just didn't think, but christ.

Has to be up there as one of the greatest reality TV moments. Tiffany was fantastic.

Clownbaby

^ for a while I was going around my house saying "MMM I WANNA BITE IT" in a ratchet accent

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 15, 2018, 12:34:15 PM
^ for a while I was going around my house saying "MMM I WANNA BITE IT" in a ratchet accent

Relive all the classics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpnCaeF4Vk

Ja'moke

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 14, 2018, 08:29:46 PM

I think that might be the greatest moment in Big Brother history. Actually, one of the funniest TV moments ever. I remember tears streaming down my face it was so funny. It was like some brilliantly written farce. It was made even better because David Gest was sick and spent most of that day in bed, and so when Angie came out of the Diary Room saying "David's dead", of course the first thing Tiffany would assume is she meant the David they were living with - I'm laughing again now just thinking about it. Tiffany in tears running into the garden telling the rest of the housemates that David has died, and them running into the bedroom in a panic, shoving what they presumably thought was his dead body... until he woke up.

The moment was so iconic it got its own exhibit in a Brooklyn museum: https://www.thefader.com/2018/03/16/a-brooklyn-museum-is-devoting-an-exhibit-to-tiffany-new-york-pollard

Here's the whole segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97pEKGNT0Xw

Clownbaby

Oh my god that is brilliant, I had no idea there was an exhibition about it. Classic

monolith

There will also be another mystery man entering the house who is sure to shock the other stars, but his identity won't be revealed until launch night.

EOLAN

Ah for the last couple of hours I thought it was 80s pop singer who loves to perform at a shopping mall near you;  Tiffany.. Damn me for investigating further to get my ideas quashed. Was so much better imagining it that way.

Clownbaby

I'm just imagining Tiffany the pop star now putting on a fake ratchet voice shouting "MMM I WANNA BITE IT"

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: EOLAN on August 15, 2018, 05:12:24 PM
Ah for the last couple of hours I thought it was 80s pop singer who loves to perform at a shopping mall near you;  Tiffany.. Damn me for investigating further to get my ideas quashed. Was so much better imagining it that way.

Tiffany got the wrong David, you got the wrong Tiffany. It's like an Escher painting.

BlodwynPig

why are they all acting like high school teenagers?

Beagle 2

Quote from: gmoney on August 14, 2018, 07:13:48 PM

I know right? He hasn't brought down a major international bank since 1995. Even the Stone Roses have done a couple of songs since then.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Isn't there usually a "civilian" version before the celeb one?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 16, 2018, 06:03:02 PM
Isn't there usually a "civilian" version before the celeb one?

It's coming after the celeb one this year. They postponed it because of Love Island.

Ja'moke

This is the last year of Big Brother's contract with Channel 5 right? Or is there still the January CBB under contract too?

If this is going to be the final CBB I might watch.

up_the_hampipe

Dan Osborne and Hardeep Singh Kohli being given a redemption angle for their cunty behaviour. Not a good look for the show really, but I doubt anyone will be surprised. They had Barrymore in there.

up_the_hampipe

So I'm assuming Stormy pulled out at the last minute (don't go there) and they couldn't change the task, hence why it was such a pile of nothing. Either that or they're putting her in later which seems like a stupid idea when it's such an underwhelming line-up without her.

Hecate

Quote from: monolith on August 15, 2018, 05:10:33 PM
There will also be another mystery man entering the house who is sure to shock the other stars, but his identity won't be revealed until launch night.

So who was this mystery cunt then?