Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Big Brother summer 2018

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 14, 2018, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: Hecate on September 09, 2018, 12:45:02 PM
Yeah, Gabby seems like she might be alright, seems very guarded though. I think Hardeep had a point when he said he was looking forward to meeting the real her outside.

She's obviously worked hard on that body, but she looks like a buff toddler. there was some weight lifting kid in a nappy on the telly once and that's all I can see when she's walking around in her bikini. I'm nearly sure that isn't the look she's going for.

yeah, Dan is a big hunk of nothing, when he's desperately winding up Gabby, trying to conjure up half a personality for himself, I think even he realises that it's not nearly enough. Poor thing. Just googled him "The only way is Essex", makes sense. He'll be one of the ones that stands around at the back looking pretty, I'm assuming. I can't see him improvising snappy dialogue, if that's what they do.

I had to google him too, found out he's married to Lauren off Eastenders. Sad she has such terrible taste.

up_the_hampipe

I'd like Nick to win. Seems like the only sensible one left somehow. Ryan will obviously win though, despite showing himself as an absolute tit over the past few days with his treatment of Hardeep. Sally being in the final is an abomination. In fact, most of them are awful. Let's crack on with the civilian series already.

Ja'moke

Big Brother officially axed by Channel 5: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/14/channel-5-confirm-this-series-of-big-brother-will-be-its-last-7944148/

The next series, which I believe starts tonight, will be the last on C5. And perhaps last ever if no other broadcaster picks it up.

Maybe this deserves its own thread? Could be fun to reminisce about past series.

Clownbaby

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 14, 2018, 12:18:25 PM
Big Brother officially axed by Channel 5: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/14/channel-5-confirm-this-series-of-big-brother-will-be-its-last-7944148/

I don't understand why this is news.  It's been known for a long time that the contract runs out at the end of the year and that they won't be renewing it.

Ja'moke

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 15, 2018, 01:33:00 AM
I don't understand why this is news.  It's been known for a long time that the contract runs out at the end of the year and that they won't be renewing it.

Because it was never made official? Yeah, it was very likely, based on Ben Frow's comments, but Endemol have still been negotiating for a renewal. It wasn't officially axed until today.

JesusAndYourBush

I wonder if Channel 4 will get Davina out of mothballs and buy it back?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 15, 2018, 12:34:26 PM
I wonder if Channel 4 will get Davina out of mothballs and buy it back?

If it's not good enough for Channel 5, they definitely won't have it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 21, 2018, 09:29:43 AM
Hardeep's alright. Natalie is turning into the villain of the series with her treatment of him. It's entertaining enough so far but it feels a bit empty.

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe: https://popbitch.com/2018/09/after-the-storm/

(The last few popbitch mailouts have been a catalogue of Handsy Singh Kohli's antics, as told by his victims. And no-one has mentioned his history as a slum landlord...)

Clownbaby

To be honest I don't really get why anyone liked Hardeep on here. I found him a bit off right from the start.

Brundle-Fly

Should have got his brother, Sanjeev on, he's great.

steve98

Unknown to all, he was a member here years ago. His sitcom (Meet The Magoons) was poorly recieved by folks here. He was also slagged off and called a few names cos of some, not very good, comedy learning course he was running (For money). He revealed himself and didn't seem too apalled at his damning, but it must have been a bit of a sickener.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: themagoon on November 25, 2005, 09:15:11 PM
i'd just like to remind Rolf Harris that i'm no different from you.

How honest of him.

jobotic

Don't recall this magoons thing at all. I'm assuming it was cack?