Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Big Brother summer 2018

Started by up_the_hampipe, August 14, 2018, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Banter describes every interaction

just banter
All these years of Big Brother being on telly and they still don't seem to realise that they can be heard just as well in the toilet

up_the_hampipe

Did anyone see last night's show? Perhaps a new low for a housemate's behaviour. Ryan playfully jabbed Roxanne when they were joking around, and she has attempted to get him removed from the house for violence against a woman. Really unpleasant, but I can't quite tell whether she is being horribly manipulative or if she's genuinely insane.

By the way, last night's ep has so far received over 11,000 complaints to Ofcom.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 31, 2018, 08:14:34 PM
By the way, last night's ep has so far received over 11,000 complaints to Ofcom.

No wonder Ben Frow (C5 boss) is champing at the bit to get rid of the show. Do we think any other channel will pick it up next year? Or is it done for good?

I haven't seen any of this series, just pop into this thread to see what's going on, doesn't sound like a particularly entertaining series?

up_the_hampipe

It's up and down. This week has certainly been picking up. Tuesday's highlights and eviction were great. Last night's episode is a must watch, as I've never seen something quite like that before.

There's possibility it could survive somewhere else, but it would really be a shell of itself. Being booted off Channel 5 is pretty low, but it's a pretty stupid decision, regardless of Frow's personal feelings on the show, as it's the only thing anyone watches on that worthless excuse of a station.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 31, 2018, 08:14:34 PM
Did anyone see last night's show? Perhaps a new low for a housemate's behaviour. Ryan playfully jabbed Roxanne when they were joking around, and she has attempted to get him removed from the house for violence against a woman. Really unpleasant, but I can't quite tell whether she is being horribly manipulative or if she's genuinely insane.

So weird. Glad to see no one is buying it.

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 31, 2018, 08:38:14 PM
It's up and down. This week has certainly been picking up. Tuesday's highlights and eviction were great. Last night's episode is a must watch, as I've never seen something quite like that before.

There's possibility it could survive somewhere else, but it would really be a shell of itself. Being booted off Channel 5 is pretty low, but it's a pretty stupid decision, regardless of Frow's personal feelings on the show, as it's the only thing anyone watches on that worthless excuse of a station.

Frow said he's open to more reality-competition shows, so I'm selfishly hoping he's going to bring back Survivor UK, seeing as it recently relaunched in Australia and South Africa, and debuted in New Zealand last year. Banijay bought the rights to sell the format again in the UK last year, so I think it's possible!

Uncle TechTip

Yes, after I heard about it I went to DS and was rather shocked, it was 100% against Emmerdale Farm, and they were calling her all sorts of names. Most amazing were the reams of tweets from former and current colleagues, again pretty much calling her out as "evil" and talk of "karma" - she is not at all liked. Then you move on to allegations of bullying at school. Initially I was very sceptical about two soap stars having a controversial argument on a show that desperately needs viewers but it's not that at all. Slum landlord is also receiving positive press and now approaching "legendary housemate" status. Remarkable.

Clownbaby

I want to see the "punch" again. Was it even hard? The reaction seemed to come from nowhere.

I don't like Roxanne at all. She really rubs me up the wrong way.

monolith

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 01, 2018, 10:11:37 AM
I want to see the "punch" again. Was it even hard? The reaction seemed to come from nowhere.

I don't like Roxanne at all. She really rubs me up the wrong way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppjVxmDuEo

She didn't flinch and I can't actually see any definite contact. She certainly wasn't "punched repeatedly" as she claims.

Clownbaby

Quote from: monolith on September 01, 2018, 11:04:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppjVxmDuEo

She didn't flinch and I can't actually see any definite contact. She certainly wasn't "punched repeatedly" as she claims.

I fuckin knew it. That's very low of her. Even more irritating is that there's clearly camera evidence of the "incident" showing that basically nothing happened, but her bollocks claim is still being taken seriously. I mean, this is a lass who was going on about being one of the boys and hanging out with lads and excercising/playfighting with lads and then suddenly she's doing this. She's worried about how she's looking on the outside with all this Ben stuff so she's trying to make herself seem more vulnerable. She's so transparenlty bad at it though so it's completely unconvincing. It's so obvious that he just did a couple play jabs and even if it did actually hurt a bit it's very unlikely that was intentional. Any sane person would just go "ow man pack it in"

Very obvious that she's trying to manipulate and step up her "character plot" a couple notches.

monolith

I don't see how it can have hurt if she didn't flinch. Scary person.

JesusAndYourBush

People are also picking up on something that happened early on (must have been day 2 or 3 which I missed) where she jumped into the pool and tried to blame Hardeep saying he pushed her when he was nowhere near.

And there are rumours on twitter saying that she's quit.

Dr Rock

Can I have a quick summary of what Kirstie Alley has been like please?

Clownbaby

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 01, 2018, 11:39:41 AM
Can I have a quick summary of what Kirstie Alley has been like please?

She's alright. She's just one of the ordinary housemates who hangs about and occasionally gets shown having conversations about her sex life or joking about something. There was one sort of awkward bit where one housemate asked her about Scientology and she went all evasive like they do, but apart form that, she's okay, and she's one of the ones I could see myself not wanting to slap if I was in there.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 01, 2018, 11:34:55 AM
People are also picking up on something that happened early on (must have been day 2 or 3 which I missed) where she jumped into the pool and tried to blame Hardeep saying he pushed her when he was nowhere near.

I don't think she actually accused him, but she fell into the pool with Hardeep and someone else near her, then she looked at him in shock as if he did it. He just said "I didn't touch her" (presumably having flashbacks to his One Show days) and that was it. It was weirdly tense for what should have been a funny moment. Certainly looks bad now.

Seems that she might be a true sociopath. There's a pattern being presented by people who have known or worked with her that she just likes ruining lives.

Clownbaby

Juicy

What have other people been saying about her?

monolith

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 01, 2018, 12:25:28 PM
Juicy

Found this collection of quotes from past cast members:

EMMERDALE CAST (past & present)
Kelvin Fletcher-''She. Is. Evil.''
Charley Webb - ''Watching Big Brother for the first time in years. Wow, just wow. #dangerous''
Charley Webb - ''It's worrying that someone is allowed to say that about someone and they're taking it seriously. We've just watched it and nothing happened. Outrageous.''
Danny Miller - Roxanne's a known compulsive liar. Ryan wouldn't harm a fly. Horrible, attention seeking little liar. Goes from being upset & in pain to dancing & drinking - to going bed, crying she can't sleep in the same room as Ryan, to worrying about being nominated? You be the judge.''
Sammy Winward - ''This makes my blood boil but I hate to say I am not surprised at all!''
Charley Webb - So, all of Roxanne's social media has been deleted. Says a lot to me. I've woken up this morning even more furious for @ryanjamesthomas and all the women who actually do suffer from abuse. It's not normal behaviour and there needs to be consequences.
Sammy Winward - ''It's been a long time coming'' [In response to Charley's above tweet]
Danny Miller - ''Even Ben's clocked it. She's a born liar who needs serious mental attention & assistance. She now believes that lie herself & that's dangerous. @bbuk you simply have to act and remove her immediately. Not just as a production but as human people. You're just encouraging her.
Kelvin Fletcher - She's not 'mentally ill' or in need of 'help'. That denounces that people with actual mental health issues are as vindictive and menacing as her. They are not. There is a big difference. That was calculated and manipulative beyond belief.''
Adele Silva - ''Sometimes it takes a long long time to wait for karma or to see what someone's really capable of - unfortunately good people get caught up in it...''
Verity Rushworth - ''#teamRyan''
Matthew Bose - ''I know I'm not alone glad to see karma finally striking back. Shame so many innocents hurt along the way.''
Chris Bisson - ''This is nonsense #CBBUK @ryanjamesthomas is my good friend and over the last 18 years I've never seen anything but a kind and gentle man. #CBBUK should put a stop to this at once and show the housemates the footage''
Laura Norton - ''Im in shock after watching #cbb. It's worrying that someone's dangerous behaviour can be indulged like that. I thought Ryan was so dignified when he was given a warning. Shocking''
Adam Thomas - ''The sad truth is if it wasn't on camera everyone would of believed her!! #cbb @ryanjamesthomas love u bro''
Hayley Tamaddon - ''I've known @ryanjamesthomas quite a few years. He is genuinely one the kindest, warmest, funniest, happiest fellas I've met. And I've never come across a single person that doesn't think the same. We love you Ry!''

CORONATION STREET CAST (past & present)
Sally Ann Matthews - ''The truth will out.''
Richard Fleeshman - ''You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.''
Sue Cleaver - ''Utterly horrified at what @ryanjamesthomas is having to go through. I love this beautiful man so much and I know him inside out! Roxanne clearly has some major mental health issues and I hope she can get the help she needs.''
Simon Gregson - ''Can't help thinking he could take legal action against both her and the show. Just a thought''
Daniel Brocklebank - ''Finally the general public are privy to what those of us that were unfortunate enough to work with her in the past already knew. PS: @ryanjamesthomas is a lovely chap. #karma''
Kym Marsh - ''I have been lucky enough to call @ryanjamesthomas my friend for many years now and I am horrified at what happened on last nights #cbb How can someone get away with clearly manipulating a situation and attempting to tarnish someone's name!! Get her out!!''

I think it seems relatively safe to say that this isn't in the slightest bit out of character.

Clownbaby

Haha my god, not out of character at all

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 01, 2018, 12:25:28 PM
Juicy

This post was interesting, lots of Emmerdale stars saying she had it coming. Such a negative reaction from her own colleagues. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/91085316#Comment_91085316

Edit: basically what monolith put.

Even Ricky Gervais joined in.

Hecate

There, I'm semi caught up, just got a couple more to go. I always do this with big brother, some nights I just can't be arsed with it and I end up having to slog my way through 8 episodes.

Roxanne is a terrible actress, is this what she does for a living?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 01, 2018, 11:48:42 AM
She's alright. She's just one of the ordinary housemates who hangs about and occasionally gets shown having conversations about her sex life or joking about something. There was one sort of awkward bit where one housemate asked her about Scientology and she went all evasive like they do, but apart form that, she's okay, and she's one of the ones I could see myself not wanting to slap if I was in there.

This is a relief to hear.  I like Kirstie Alley and similar to Dr Rock, I was curious to know how she came across within the house.  Pleased to know that someone I like hasn't revealed themselves to be a total cunt.  Too much of that these days...

Hecate

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 30, 2018, 11:53:10 AM
Banter

My god, yeah, that was embarrassing. The way he suddenly turned on her as well, calling her vacuous as soon as she slapped his hand off her waistband.
Treating someone like that on national telly, in front of his wife! Man, that's some brass neck.

steve98

Looks like the nation has a new Hindley to cherish in this Roxanne cow: the hatred's intense. That was riveting telly last night, never seen anything like it. I do hope she gives some kind of explanation for her behaviour (Though it won't help her rescue her life: she's fucked).

monolith

Yeah that was an amazing episode. I haven't watched it this year but after reading about it I caught up from Thursday to last night and was worth it just for last night, haven't watched for years but that's the sort of stuff it's all about.

The sheer relief from Ryan when he heard them chanting her name was great too, with all of the #metoo stuff and the fact he got a warning he could very well have thought that he was absolutely fucked.

monolith

I'm so angry at the damage this sort of thing does to people who genuinely are assaulted or victims of DV and are too afraid to come forward.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: St_Eddie on September 02, 2018, 04:05:55 AM
This is a relief to hear.  I like Kirstie Alley and similar to Dr Rock, I was curious to know how she came across within the house.  Pleased to know that someone I like hasn't revealed themselves to be a total cunt.  Too much of that these days...

She's a Scientologist so yes she is a total cunt.

St_Eddie

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 02, 2018, 10:46:00 AM
She's a Scientologist so yes she is a total cunt.

I'm aware of that and of course, I don't like that aspect of her but that she's been caught up in a horrendous, bullshit cult doesn't affect my overall view of her.  I like her and am relieved that on a personable level, beliefs withstanding, she's not an absolute rotter.

Hecate

She voted for Trump as well, these things do add up.
She's kept her head down but is relaxing now and making the edit a bit more. She seems nice and has got a sense of humour.