Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stephen Merchant at the Oxford Union

Started by Tony Yeboah, August 21, 2018, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

wonder how merch gets on with the ladies in LA.

Schnapple

Quote from: Hat FM on August 23, 2018, 11:18:36 AM
wonder how merch gets on with the ladies in LA.

He should write a show about it.

Rolf Lundgren

Didn't notice an American twang but a Bristollian accent could morph into one fairly easily.

Diplomatic about Gervais as you would expect and a bit harsh on Karl. I would have loved to hear one of the students ask why he wasn't involved in the Brent film and what he thought of it. It was sort of asked but a point blank question would have been insightful.

BeardFaceMan

So that David Brent film, that wasnt an Office film, but more of a Brent spin off film? Was anyone other than Gervais involved in the series that was involved with the film? Did Merchant choose to not be involved or he did not get a choice?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 23, 2018, 05:55:10 PM
So that David Brent film, that wasnt an Office film, but more of a Brent spin off film? Was anyone other than Gervais involved in the series that was involved with the film? Did Merchant choose to not be involved or he did not get a choice?

I think he said he wasn't asked, but I don't think it was surprising. Gervais had been doing plenty of solo Brent stuff up to that point.

Hat FM

TBF Merchant commented on how he met Gervais who already had a character formulated so if the story is just going to be about Brent and not involve the wider office environment or characters, i don't see any reason why people would be concerned that Merchant wasn't involved in the film. he's doing his own thing. i wonder if he is of the view that it should have been left as it was, the masterpiece that the office is.

amnesiac

Quote from: thraxx on August 22, 2018, 08:31:55 AM
All of this dodges the real issue from this debate: How did Merchant generate the willpower to not star at the interviewers legs?

her legs aren't all that.

petril

Quote from: thraxx on August 22, 2018, 08:31:55 AM
All of this dodges the real issue from this debate: How did Merchant generate the willpower to not star at the interviewers legs?

too far away from his eyes

Utter Shit

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 22, 2018, 04:54:15 PMas I've said before, most people who have worked with Gervais only have good things to say about him, and notn the back-scratching way celebrities tend to; Doc Brown couldn't have been more effusive in his praise after working with him on Derek.

Figured it would be rude not to point this out as an exception to my post above - it's in a discussion about which is better of the US and UK versions of The Office; Jim Smallman is a former stand-up and current wrestling promoter.

Jim Smallman is a fucking talentless  twat tbf

Utter Shit

He's built a wrestling company from scratch that is doing a show at Wembley Arena in a couple of weeks, so talentless is a stretch. He's always seemed like a nice bloke too when I've interacted with him.