Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Bhazor

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 03, 2018, 03:16:58 PM
Why is there a shoe in the bottom right corner on its own? And why does the twitter head have a ring through his nose?

Hillary also has a very very tiny burger in her mouth.

Zetetic

That Washington Post article on Woodward's book, for those who haven't seen it, has the usual collection of hilarious shouty stuff that might be made up but is entertainingly plausible if you're so minded but it also has:

"One month into his presidency, Trump asked Dunford for a plan for a preemptive military strike on North Korea.."

It's probably not true. Or maybe it was a joke. Is this something we'd already been told?

Alberon

It was probably something he said without thinking and moved on. Woodward's sources say he has a total disinterest in learning about foreign policy. His ignorance leads him to suggest invading North Korea or Venezuela or assassinating the leader of Syria. He gets talked out of it but learns nothing. He already thinks he knows it all so what can they teach him?

The book alleges staff sneaked the more incendiary bills off his desk before he could sign them and he'd forget about them. A mock cross-examination was staged to prevent him testifying before Mueller though it suggests he's returned to the idea he can pull it off.

The stories sound insane, but they come from every source. It probably is close to as being as bad as it is portrayed. Here's a man clearly unfit for high office being kept from total disaster only by the belittled underlings behind the scenes.

jobotic

I've always refused to wear Nike, on vague grounds. Can I wear them now racists are burning them?

manticore

Quote from: jobotic on September 04, 2018, 07:34:25 PM
I've always refused to wear Nike, on vague grounds. Can I wear them now racists are burning them?

No, your grounds are good! Nike using anti-racism as brand promotion is an abyss I don't want to look into.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"One month into his presidency, Trump asked Dunford for a plan for a preemptive military strike on North Korea.."

It's probably not true. Or maybe it was a joke. Is this something we'd already been told?

This still isn't as funny as Chris Bryant, on being touted for a job as Shadow Defence Spokesman under Corbyn, demanding a half an hour discussion wargaming a conflict with Russia.

Zetetic

Even with Bryant's history of alarmism, I don't think it's that funny really.

Zetetic

I don't really think the "asking for a plan for a preemptive military strike on North Korea" is particularly funny either, though, I guess.

Hank Venture

"The Resistance."

Imagine being part of French resistance, or Italian resistance, or any resistance movement ever really, and being told you're the same as some pussy-hat wearing wine mom from Connecticut and also somehow high-ranking Republicans who've never sacrificed anything. Swivel-eyed maniacs like Lindsey Graham and bumbling war hobo John Kasich.

It's en vogue to say, somewhat cynically or somewhat idealistically, that every country in the world is more or less the same. Borders are just human constructs, and people are people no matter where you go. It's a nice thought, and it might be true. However, America is truly a country filled to the brim with complete idiots. It's profoundly stupid.

That NYT op-ed is the worst thing I've ever read. Revolting.

Alberon

The White House has responded demanding that if this person exists they should resign.

Trump has suggested he/she is a traitor on twitter and says it's the swamp fighting back.

The reference to lodestar in the op ed has got some people thinking the author is Vice President Pence himself as he tends to use the unusual word a lot, but that has to be madness. It must be a misdirection to increase the talk of Trump being removed due to incapacity. If Pence was thinking this he wouldn't put it out into the public.

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

oh titter. nob fucks.

It's a children's colouring class. They can colour it anyway they want.

Blumf

He managed to stay in the lines.

He is the best at staying in the lines!

Urinal Cake

I imagine Trump is like Stew Lee with his pants down, stomping around mashing his phone with one finger writing, 'TREASON?'

He's going to a heart attack just due to anger, stress and parAnoia.

Jakey Chesterton

Quote from: Hank Venture on September 06, 2018, 08:43:38 AM
"The Resistance."

Imagine being part of French resistance, or Italian resistance, or any resistance movement ever really, and being told you're the same as some pussy-hat wearing wine mom from Connecticut and also somehow high-ranking Republicans who've never sacrificed anything. Swivel-eyed maniacs like Lindsey Graham and bumbling war hobo John Kasich.

It's en vogue to say, somewhat cynically or somewhat idealistically, that every country in the world is more or less the same. Borders are just human constructs, and people are people no matter where you go. It's a nice thought, and it might be true. However, America is truly a country filled to the brim with complete idiots. It's profoundly stupid.

That NYT op-ed is the worst thing I've ever read. Revolting.

From that article:

Don't get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

Buelligan

I stay out of the Trump threads generally, I can only take so much insanity and there has to be a line drawn somewhere.  But really does it seem OK to have unelected and anonymous people in Trump's administration deciding on an ad hoc basis what policies will be signed off?  What if something that fucks us all is lying there on the desk and no one cares or is able to sneak it away from the Child? 

Don't get me wrong, as if you would, I probably despise Trump as much as is possible for one ordinary worker-ant.  Nevertheless, I find it utterly unacceptable that there are people who state

QuoteThe author says that he/she isn't a liberal operative and agrees with many of the policy goals the administration is pursuing, but that those goals are being achieved in spite of - and not because of - the president...

Many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations," the author writes...

"I would know. I am one of them."

"To be clear, ours is not the popular 'resistance' of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

Unelected, unnamed people who believe they have the right to choose which of Trump's fascisms are good fascisms.  Did they allow the caging of migrant children, was that OK by them?

This is way beyond unacceptable.  Something must be done and soon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45427838

Alberon

Oh the whole thing is fucked up beyond all recognition. It's clear the orders issued in tantrums are being ignored. The main government regularly walks back things declared in tweets by Trump.

This guy will probably turn out to be no one we've heard of and he should quit. But so many of Trump's cabinet are effectively working against him according to virtually every source in the White House going back to the inauguration. Trump is reportedly in a paranoid rage over this and Woodward's book. He feels he can't trust anyone, and he's probably right.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Things like this allow Trump to paint a narrative of it being sabotage.

It doesn't sufficiently put across that his own personality has resulted in people feeling duty bound to work around him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Still, I love how he's hating so much of being Prez. That element is great.

Does he really want another 6 years of this? Would he not rather get out so he can get his divorce and bang as many hookers as he wants without the scrutiny of being Pres?

On the other hand, he needs the office as legal immunity from his various felonies, which will chase him to the grave.

The GOP will want the transition to Pence to be done in 2020 you'd think. Can't gamble the possibility of Dem clean sweep that might result from another Trump run.

But then Trump could run as a third candidate v Pence.

Hank Venture

Trump isn't going to run for reelection. I don't think he ever thought he was going to win in the first place, his whole campaign seemed like a PR stunt to hawk more of his tat to disaffected oafs across the US. His ego can't take all the hate he's getting.

I'm putting my money on him doing some sort of Presidential pardon on himself for any crime he might've committed and then just leaving. He's going to appoint Kavanaugh as a fail-safe, ensuring a Republican majority in the Supreme Court, meaning he'll never do time or be punished anyway ("SC declares that money as campaign contributions constitutes free speech"). No one in either the Republican or the Democratic leadership wants to see him prosecuted or charged, because they're all guilty of exactly the same things he is. Start pulling on any thread and there's no telling what could unravel.

Edit: I can't get over that NYT op-ed. The person who wrote that is worse than Trump, if anything. It speaks volumes about US as a country and its discourse that it was by an "adult in the room" (vomit) who ostensibly is Resisting (tm) by uhhhhh helping the horrible dumbass put his horrible policies into legislation. Which is somehow a good thing. And US liberals will lap it up. As long as you hit the right talking points (decorum, respect our institutions, bipartisanship, etc) they'll accept anyone. The writer was probably looking at the McCain hagiography and thinking "hmm, I've got an in here," mouth watering at the thought of salvaging his own reputation. Rotten, stupid country filled with rotten, stupid people.

Ferris

I'm offering good odds that Mnuchin and Cohn wrote it as neither expected to last this long (the reference to a trade agreement points towards economic advisor I reckon). It won't be Kelly but he's probably toast now anyway. Sessions maybe? Now he knows he's on his way out, he can torch the administration and save his reputation when he's looking for new jobs after the midterms.

This whole thing is batshit. Fancy taking papers off his desk to stop him signing them - then he forgets about them anyway! Christ alive. He's like a 2 year old.

Mister Six

Some thoughts on that NYT piece:

1- Trump is right in that the "resistance" may be committing treason. Stopping the president from doing his duties as he sees fit (regardless of whether he is fit to do those duties...) could be treasonous.

2- More importantly, if they know that Trump is such a liability that they're forced to interfere with his office for the benefit of the US then their duty is to publicly announce this and invoke the 25th Amendment to have him removed from office, not to scurry around trying to stop him from fucking everything up. They're admitting to a coup that goes against both the public good and the president's office.

3- The article could be a ploy by the mainstream Republicans (ie. the ones that have the decency to assault women privately rather than boasting about it) to bring back disenchanted voters ahead of the midterms by assuring them that there is a firm hand on the rudder of America after all, and that they need to maintain Republican majorities in order to ride out this crazy wave until 2020.

4- That "lodestone" thing has to be someone fitting up Pence, doesn't it? He's only hanging around because he knows Trump has to be booted out soon, and he can step into the spotlight.

Quote from: Hank Venture on September 06, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

I'm putting my money on him doing some sort of Presidential pardon on himself for any crime he might've committed and then just leaving.

I'm pretty sure he can only pardon people who've actually been convicted of a crime, he can't do it preemptively. That was Obama's reasoning for not pardoning Snowden. I wonder if it could be used as precedent?

Head Gardener

Ferris

^great point, and one that few other editorials have raised - if you reckon POTUS is mentally incapable to do the job, then only "quietly whispering" about it is a callous abdication of responsibility instead of, say, doing literally anything about it. Someone incapable in that position is fucking dangerous, you clowns.

Go tell Congress. Go tell someone. Swiping stuff off his desk is mad, because he may well sign it anyway - make it so it's no longer his desk.

Batshit. Whole thing.

manticore

QuoteDon't get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

Back when the military spending bill was passed with the support of the Democrats, there was an aricle on the liberal website Vox explaining why the spending increase really wasn't quite as super wonderful as it seemed, and probably not big enough at all.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/12/17004456/trump-2019-budget-defense-686-billion

Dog Botherer

It's almost definitely some fucking career Republican ghoul who's spent his entire life making the world worse in every possible way seeing the writing on the wall and giving himself a way out, and quite possibly a cushy book deal on top of it.

"The Resistance" folks are not far off of MAGAchuds in terms of straight up fucking stupidity. As long as someone even vaguely expresses discontent with Trump, regardless of how much they completely agree with him, some fucking dipshit liberal will be there to say "Welcome to the Resistance, sir, I may not see eye to eye with you on your policy of launching poor kids into the upper atmosphere, but the Resistance needs all the friends it can get right now".

It's all so fucking painfully transparent.

Noonling

Quote from: Alberon on September 06, 2018, 01:13:43 PM
This guy will probably turn out to be no one we've heard of and he should quit. But so many of Trump's cabinet are effectively working against him according to virtually every source in the White House going back to the inauguration. Trump is reportedly in a paranoid rage over this and Woodward's book. He feels he can't trust anyone, and he's probably right.

The article is just so weird... I don't really understand the motivation, other than hoping Trump's paranoia will make him do something stupid.

kngen

Nixon, out of his gourd on booze and barbiturates, would often stay up watching the late-night news, and would pick up the phone to Kissinger or one of his chiefs of staff and order Chad or Eritrea (or whatever the conflict of the day was) to be bombed. 'Absolutely, Mr President,' they'd say, hang up the phone and do absolutely nothing, knowing that he'd have forgotten about it in the morning. Protecting the free world from the idiot who ostensibly runs it is nothing new ...