Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

BlodwynPig

I am sure the Walter Reed Hospital will put those 18000 roses to good use reinvigorating those injured veterans.

rjd2

Quote from: Hundhoon on January 12, 2019, 05:50:31 AM
She is not pro-Assad she just met with a brutal middle eastern dictator to try and quell violence. , the same as when Donald Rumsfeld met Sadamn Hussein in 1983.

She realises that Assad  has won  and that the state department learnt nothing from the Syrian  Hama massacre in 1982.
Everyone underestimated the brutality of the Assad regime when the idiotic Arab spring started in 2011. A democratic Syria LOL.
She wants to end this farce.

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1084188637347135488

She won't win, but she is going to boil the piss of so many failed hacks.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: rjd2 on January 13, 2019, 11:34:55 AM

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1084188637347135488

She won't win, but she is going to boil the piss of so many failed hacks.

God, will McCaskill just fuck off already? The only reason she won is because she primaried a guy that said rape didnt exist, then immediately lost to Generic Republican #57284628. She's so fucking useless and unimportant.

Z

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 13, 2019, 01:50:21 PM
God, will McCaskill just fuck off already? The only reason she won is because she primaried a guy that said rape didnt exist, then immediately lost to Generic Republican #57284628. She's so fucking useless and unimportant.
Well, she won the seat in 2006. A more accurate measure is that she got 12 extremely easy years in the senate (between peak Bush-hate and illegitimate rape guy) and has convinced herself it was as big of an achievement as swinging a red state on the back of her own work and charms.

Gabbard is presumably running for Vice President in actuality?

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Z on January 13, 2019, 02:01:34 PM
Gabbard is presumably running for Vice President in actuality?

She was quoted as a possible Veep for Bernie last time round. Think he'd be better off sticking with Warren. Less baggage. I could see her tagging onto some bland white male corporate Dem as a useful catchall minority card though. She's probably counting on the cynicism of the Dem operators who'll see her as a relatively safe way to "engage minorities" without having to do any policies.

Urinal Cake

Pro-Assad is obviously relative what most est. Dems want is regime change. The other problem is Assad is allied with the Russians and right now the Dems are sticking to the Russians (with useful idiot Sanders) stole the election.

With Trump's success Gabbard probably feels she has a decent shot. Plus she's been successful early in her political career.

Sherrod Brown is interesting as I don't think he's that well known but like Sanders the more people hear about him the more they will vote for him. Possible VP choice to keep straight white males happy.

Harris is the safe minority pick for VP she talks the talk and is a team player. Gabbard haas  been at  odds with
her  own party. But she seems loyal to individuals- such as Sanders. Her appeal is to swing voters due to her military experience, isolationist foreign policy, congeniality and looks.

Twed

Her anti-gay stuff is pretty damning. She's an unusual politician in that she seems economically-progressive but socially conservative. I fear that her association with the left is going to give the opposition fuel to damn them all.

Urinal Cake

During the primaries yeah though she's been solidly pro-LGBT since. I think she'll blame religion and her parents for that one. I suspect some choice quotes from her father will come out.

I think Gabbard's biggest stumbling block in a general election is that she is Hindu and is serious about it and it's links to India.

Paul Calf

Her biggest 'stumbling block' is that she's a Hindu nationalist. She really isn't a great hope for the left in the US; her support base is on the far right of Indian politics.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1886992/9-tulsi-gabbard-us-presidential-hopeful-turns-hindu-nationalist/

Her presidency would be disastrous for both the US and India, giving Narendra Modi further encouragement to enact his violent, divisive, racist policies.

Twed

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 14, 2019, 02:18:31 AM
During the primaries yeah though she's been solidly pro-LGBT since
Even that stance has been a weirdly libertarian "I don't like 'em, but I'll defend their right to live their lives the way they want to".

Urinal Cake

Gabbard has already started withdrawing her support so who knows how she will play it. Adding India to the list of theocratic or discriminatory religious countries that the US coddles to isn't a deal breaker. If Gabbard could convince  voters there are benefits or voters by not doing so makes them anti-Hindu.
Quote from: Twed on January 14, 2019, 04:14:46 AM
Even that stance has been a weirdly libertarian "I don't like 'em, but I'll defend their right to live their lives the way they want to".
From what I've read she seems like one of these simple majority or populist politicians who will put aside her own bepiefs. I expect she'll say she voted against that Indian minority bill because Modi was popularly voted by a country that is majority Hindu. When she gets asked how her faith guides her I bet she'll say privately she's a Hindu and while Hinduism and Christianity share a lot of common ground America is a majority Christian country and she will govern  to that.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 14, 2019, 07:45:20 AM
Gabbard has already started withdrawing her support so who knows how she will play it. Adding India to the list of theocratic or discriminatory religious countries that the US coddles to isn't a deal breaker.

For whom? It's a huge 'deal-breaker' for the millions of Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Parsis, Jains and other non-Hindus in the US.

Whose interests are served by her elevation to high office in the US?

Urinal Cake

Is it? Does continued bipartisan support for Israel or Saudi Arabia stop votes? Voters want change but they still know the Dems are less racist and more economically progressive than the GOP domestically.

Left-wing Americans of Indian descent or non-Hindu Indians who still have family in India are the people who will most  likely stake their vote on this issue. And by the numbers they still are a minority.

The stumbling block is if Gabbard is seen as in the pocket of a foreign power or a devotee of a strange Hindu cult. Otherwise this is a third rate issue for most voters.

Us interests are served because she'll stop the US entering wars it cannot win.

Mister Six

Attacks against Christians have increased substantially under Modi, so the Republicans could try to play that up, but I also suspect that many Democrat voters just won't give a shit if they think she'll help their economic interests and/or not be as awful as Trump.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 14, 2019, 12:11:18 PM
Is it? Does continued bipartisan support for Israel or Saudi Arabia stop votes? Voters want change but they still know the Dems are less racist and more economically progressive than the GOP domestically.

Left-wing Americans of Indian descent or non-Hindu Indians who still have family in India are the people who will most  likely stake their vote on this issue. And by the numbers they still are a minority.

The stumbling block is if Gabbard is seen as in the pocket of a foreign power or a devotee of a strange Hindu cult. Otherwise this is a third rate issue for most voters.

Us interests are served because she'll stop the US entering wars it cannot win.

Sorry, meant

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 14, 2019, 09:20:46 AM
For whom? It's a huge 'deal-breaker' for the millions of Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Parsis, Jains and other non-Hindus in the US India.

Brain working faster than fingers.

if you're hoping for change by electing this politician, you are going to be disappointed. Her backing is ethno-religious, neoliberal, undistributive.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Twed on January 14, 2019, 01:09:16 AM
She's an unusual politician in that she seems economically-progressive but socially conservative.

"Ah, I hate these problems, but their effects are extremely good".

I don't think she has enough charisma to mask just how weirdly awful she is. Best she can hope for is VP.

kngen

Middle-class Hindu-Americans filled out Madison Square Gardens to cheer on Modi a few years ago. And they make up the biggest chunk of Indian expats in the US. Still probably not enough to influence Gabbard's campaign in any meaningful way*, but Modi's neoliberalism has been lapped up by the centrist Dems in the past. 

Gabbard seems like a fuckwit though - can't see her bid having legs at all.

*EDIT: Indians are the second largest immigrant group in the US behind Mexicans. So maybe this is a canny move on Gabbard's part after all.

Twed

The press has already cancelled her. The left hates her on social issues, the centre hates her on social and economic issues, the right hates her on vaginal issues. I just don't see this being a viable run.

Dog Botherer

I can see a lot of people just throwing their name in to see if it'll stick in the press. Maybe it's a fundamental misunderstanding of Bernie's popularity, since he came from complete obscurity to be the most popular politician in America, or just canny politicking, but it's already exhausting. I mean, who in the fuck is ever going to vote for centrist robot Julian Castro?

Urinal Cake

Gabbard is not a forerunner but she has a decent shot- her mishmash of idealogies is a plus.

The problem is that some established Democrats do not want to see Sanders succeed at any cost. Not just because of sullying Hillary in 2016 or the shift in direction of the party but a gut hate.
Trump has already gotten to Warren psychologically but she should recover.

Twed

I think it's mainly that the entire system of political careers being defined by corporate influence that makes them want to stop Sanders and the left. It's not that they disagree with moving left, it's that their way of life ends. Losing to Trump is preferable to Sanders winning under their banner.

Head Gardener

Blumf

Where are the Happy Meals?

I'll tell you where, he had them sent straight to his bedroom so he can have all the toys to himself!

hamfist

love how Abe (innit ?) looks down with bemused disapproval behind him.

Blue Jam

QuoteWhen asked to name his own favourite fast food by a reporter, Mr Trump said that he liked them all.

"If it's American, I like it. It's all American stuff," he replied

Good ol' American pizzas and Hamburgers and French fries.

Shame he couldn't have ordered some oranges from California or peaches from Georgia, because fruit and veg is ewwww gross.

Quote from: hamfist on January 15, 2019, 10:03:16 AM
love how Abe (innit ?) looks down with bemused disapproval behind him.

Looks more like he's pondering whether to go for a juicy quarter-pounder with cheese or a tasty flame grilled whopper.

Tuck in Abe, there's more where they came from!

Blumf

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 15, 2019, 10:10:26 AM
Shame he couldn't have ordered some oranges from California or peaches from Georgia, because fruit and veg is ewwww gross.

Mate, he's got salad in. You know, for the ladies.

Blue Jam

Is it a Glasgow salad?

Honestly, how is this fucker still alive...

Sebastian Cobb

He has a hotel with a fully functioning restaurant closer to the White House than the nearest Mcdonald's

Bleeding Kansas