Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,361
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Blue Jam

Pelosi advises Trump to give State of the Union address in writing because his own government shutdown means adequate numbers of security staff may not be available to keep him safe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46872419

*something about him scrawling "I'll just order more hamderders, I can afford them, your all a bunch of LOOSERS"  in crayon*

McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a dream come true for him isn't it?

Alberon

Sounds a bit like shit politics from Pelosi. She knows the Secret Service keeps going even if they're not being paid.

garnish

Yes, surely it's better for him to deliver the address in person so he can look stupid saying how great his government is while it's shutdown.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Alberon on January 16, 2019, 10:33:45 PM
Sounds a bit like shit politics from Pelosi. She knows the Secret Service keeps going even if they're not being paid.

It's delegitimising him as president of the shutdown, and removing his most important ego crutch: national camera time. Sounds like good politics to me.

Urinal Cake

Trump should just Tweet it.

Alberon

Fucknut probably would.

We've been distracted by Brexit convulsions, but the shutdown is still ongoing and there seems to be absolutely no chance of it ending soon.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Howj Begg

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/17/report-trump-administration-migrants-1093242

QuoteThe Trump administration separated thousands more migrant kids at the border than it previously acknowledged, and the separations began months before the policy was announced, according to a federal audit released Thursday morning.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Howj Begg on January 17, 2019, 03:56:43 PM
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/17/report-trump-administration-migrants-1093242

Hard to keep track of things these days, but wasn't this widely known already? Or is this just official confirmation?

Howj Begg

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 17, 2019, 04:13:53 PM
Hard to keep track of things these days, but wasn't this widely known already? Or is this just official confirmation?

Seems to me the lack of a coherent database was known, but this judgement is distinctly new:

QuoteHowever, "thousands of separated children" entered the care of the HHS refugee office before the court order, the report said. The reunification rate for those children is not known, the inspector general's office said.

Twed

The Culture Bunker

Childish aside: I used to know a girl from Cumming, GA and the name never stopped being amusing to me.

Alberon

You know, I'm not sure if I should be comforted or terrified that however infantile politics has got in the UK in the US it is much much worse.

QuoteUS President Donald Trump has postponed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's upcoming trip to Brussels, Afghanistan and Egypt, citing the government shutdown.

"I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate," Mr Trump said in a letter.

According to Fox News, Mr Trump's cancellation of the trip emerged barely half an hour before the Democratic speaker of the House of Representatives was scheduled to leave on Thursday afternoon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46911478

Reports that he went on to say "So ner!" are unconfirmed.

The Culture Bunker

Howj Begg

^^ also her trip was apparently top secret.

ajsmith2

Genius move to get Pelosi onside.

mothman

Ferris

So how does this end then? Either

- the House amends it's funding bill (not likely)
- Trump relents and signs the CR without the border funding
- Senate Republicans pass the House's bill, it is publicly vetoed by Trump (which is a bit of a political disaster), then a veto-proof majority of senate republicans override the veto.

All of these have essentially 0% chance of happening. I'm surprised McConnell is carrying this much water for the president - I assume promises have been made about support in his senatorial re-election campaign in Kentucky.

It's mad that there doesn't seem any sense of urgency. Why isn't everyone focusing laser-like on McConnel's inaction and forcing him to deny votes on the senate floor every single day to make him look like the guilty lackey he is? That's what I'd be doing.

Alberon

Trump isn't personally feeling any pain so he doesn't care. I'd presume (and I may be wrong) that his base support aren't federal workers.

The National Emergency threat has gone away, even Trump knows that would never work.

I suppose the key are right wing media commentators who pushed him into the standoff in the first place. But they like small government and will probably be loving this.

Short of Trump's base rising up and saying no more I can't see how this ends.

Ferris

His numbers are tanking though, which isn't what you want when your party has hitched your wagon to him and you already got a shellacking in the midterms. Someone will have to step in and be the adult in the room, but I don't think anyone has the political courage to do it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

It would appear that some rather effective, young-blooded reporters from the Dossier-droppin', quiz-poppin' Buzzfeed are highlighting an instance of fairly blatant obstruction. 'Suborn' is the word of the day and I look forward to this being summarily dismissed as a nowt-burger.

Mister Six

If this is accurate, then between this and the memo he's supposed to have dictated on Air Force One that lied about Trump Jr's meeting with the Russians, they've got a pretty decent obstruction of justice case, with added perjury.

Meanwhile, Trump's expanding his border wall racism into Islamophobia: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086252588088082432?s=19

Mister Six

Trump revealing Pelosi's planned visit to Afghanistan compromised that trip's security, so she planned to fly commercial - until the administration leaked that too, her people say.

https://wapo.st/2Fwq3Mo

Blue Jam

Have we done this one yet?

dr beat

I'd impeach him just for using Apple products.

Alberon

He's been twittering all morning. I suppose there is not much else to do.

QuoteBorder rancher: "We've found prayer rugs out here. It's unreal." Washington Examiner People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise.

Straight in with islamaphobia.

QuoteWhy would Nancy Pelosi leave the Country with other Democrats on a seven day excursion when 800,000 great people are not getting paid. Also, could somebody please explain to Nancy & her "big donors" in wine country that people working on farms (grapes) will have easy access in!

It was a five day working trip visiting American troops and NATO. Also The White House only cancelled yesterday another jolly for Stephen Mnuchin and Mike Pompeo who was set to go to Davos and the World Economic Forum.

QuoteAnother big Caravan heading our way. Very hard to stop without a Wall!

What happened to the last caravan?

QuoteKevin Corke, @FoxNews "Don't forget, Michael Cohen has already been convicted of perjury and fraud, and as recently as this week, the Wall Street Journal has suggested that he may have stolen tens of thousands of dollars...." Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!

Clearly nervous about this particular news item and rightly so.

QuoteNever seen the Republican Party so unified. No "Cave" on the issue of Border and National Security. A beautiful thing to see, especially when you hear the new rhetoric spewing from the mouths of the Democrats who talk Open Border, High Taxes and Crime. Stop Criminals & Drugs now!

The Republicans have been largely silent on the shutdown. I do feel the pressure grows on them every day, though.

QuoteMAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

QuoteAMERICA FIRST!

dr beat

Another DPRK summit! Convenient.

mothman

Quote from: Alberon on January 18, 2019, 06:34:31 PM
What happened to the last caravan?

It evaporated before it reached the border like