Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Mister Six

CNN: Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.

This - and a promise to update - are all that's up at the minute...

QuoteSpecial counsel Robert Mueller's office is disputing a BuzzFeed report that President Donald Trump directed his then-personal attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the proposed Moscow Trump Tower project.

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate," said special counsel spokesman Peter Carr in a statement.

Carr's statement is extremely rare. The special counsel's office has almost never commented on published stories.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Alberon

Ah, shame. If it had been true and there had been proof it would probably have finally split the GOP from Trump at the least.

Mister Six

To be fair the language is very ambiguous and it's not at all clear what it is that's being disputed by the special counsel's office.

Quote from: eggbabysupremacy on January 18, 2019, 05:10:26 AM
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

It would appear that some rather effective, young-blooded reporters from the Dossier-droppin', quiz-poppin' Buzzfeed are highlighting an instance of fairly blatant obstruction. 'Suborn' is the word of the day and I look forward to this being summarily dismissed as a nowt-burger.

summarily dismissed as a nowt-burger, hth

Howj Begg

QuotePeter Sterne

Verified account

@petersterne

There are 3 possibilities with the BuzzFeed story:

- the story accurately reflects what Cohen told federal prosecutors in another office (e.g. SDNY) but not SCO

- the story has minor inconsistencies with what Cohen told SCO

- the story's central claims are substantively wrong

My money's on option 1). SDNY are known to be leaky.

Cohen has basically confirmed the story in a tweet hasn't he? There must be aspect that isn't accurate other than the "Trump told me to lie" narrative and Buzzfeed appear to be absolutely sure of this.

Alberon

There must be a fairly substantial error in the story for Mueller to say anything at all.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 18, 2019, 12:22:55 AM
So how does this end then? Either

- the House amends it's funding bill (not likely)
- Trump relents and signs the CR without the border funding
- Senate Republicans pass the House's bill, it is publicly vetoed by Trump (which is a bit of a political disaster), then a veto-proof majority of senate republicans override the veto.

All of these have essentially 0% chance of happening. I'm surprised McConnell is carrying this much water for the president - I assume promises have been made about support in his senatorial re-election campaign in Kentucky.

It's mad that there doesn't seem any sense of urgency. Why isn't everyone focusing laser-like on McConnel's inaction and forcing him to deny votes on the senate floor every single day to make him look like the guilty lackey he is? That's what I'd be doing.

It will end when the media starts tying the shutdown to the Senate Republicans rather than obsessing over Trump.

Yes, Trump's tantrum is the direct cause of the shutdown, but the real story is that the Senate Republicans have refused to pass a funding bill that they had already unanimously passed with a veto-proof majority.

Ferris

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on January 19, 2019, 06:40:54 PM
It will end when the media starts tying the shutdown to the Senate Republicans rather than obsessing over Trump.

Yes, Trump's tantrum is the direct cause of the shutdown, but the real story is that the Senate Republicans have refused to pass a funding bill that they had already unanimously passed with a veto-proof majority.

Completely agree, that's what I was getting at in my last paragraph. The Dems managing of this has been terrible - they're winning the argument, but managing to look incompetent or uncaring at the same time. They could have absolutely crippled the president with this.

Play clips of "I will own the shutdown" on every channel, in every ad break. Just that sentence, out of context, 4 seconds of air time. Force a vote on the senate floor every day. Make them publicly vote to keep everything closed and keep the pressure up. That McConnel has got away with saying nothing for a month is risible.

Alberon

Trump just gave another speech offering a way out of the shutdown. He wants $800m in humanitarian aid. Lots more agents and judges to sort out legal immigration. And his biggest new item is to extend for three years the right to remain for the 'Dreamers'.

But he still wants $5.7bn for his fucking wall so it's dead in the water. It's just an attempt to make him look better.

Artemis

The Art of the Deal, there.

steve98

Ghoulianni now says "it's possible" (certain) Trump talked with Cohen about his congressional hearing. So the Buzzfeed story's lookin' more credible.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: steve98 on January 20, 2019, 03:21:50 PM
Ghoulianni now says "it's possible" (certain) Trump talked with Cohen about his congressional hearing. So the Buzzfeed story's lookin' more credible.

Fairly certain the content was pretty much spot on, the only thing Mueller contested really was the wording.

Mister Six

Probably trying to avoid Trump going man-mental and interfering with the process in any way he can. Or not giving the fame away when there's still work to be done.

I'm hesitant to listen to Guliani on any subject though - the man's clearly senile at this point.

steve98

I haven't watched it myself (I can't bear to listen to any of them), but apparently he sounds madder than ever.

Head Gardener

Ferris

Rudy today, on trumps counsel to Cohen:

QuoteI can tell you his counsel to Michael Cohen throughout that entire period was, 'Tell the truth.' We thought he was telling the truth.

Yeah, that sounds like the guy we know and love.

They'd have been better off denying they read his testimony. Saying "we thought he was telling the truth" is acknowledging you were following what he testified to, and is also demonstrably false.

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 20, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

I hated the super callous one, but this is good because it is clear now that the Bigfoot footage shows a man in a gorilla costume...why have I been so dumb for all these years. You can even see the soles on his shoes.

machotrouts

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 17, 2019, 03:11:02 PM

haha... it's funny, because it's a maga hat, but instead of maga, it's motherfucker

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 20, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

haha... it's funny, because he walks like grainy ape man

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 20, 2019, 03:38:27 PM

haha... it's every tenth protest sign from 2016... good to see it again, in 2019

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 16, 2019, 10:51:51 PM

haha... mcdonalds... donalds... ha... hehe ha.. ah

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 08, 2019, 09:28:46 AM

haha... its funny because pink floyd did album caAAALLELD the wall... minb dlown

Quote from: Head Gardener on January 04, 2019, 11:00:00 AM

haha... it funny trumpy lady! trump lady trumpy

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 29, 2018, 04:36:19 PM

haha... its funny because it look like he playing a saxonphone

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 15, 2018, 01:47:11 PM

WHAT THE... IS THIS... NO...

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 15, 2018, 01:47:11 PMthankfully not an actual real record

ohhhh... haha PHEW!!!

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 15, 2018, 01:47:11 PM, although it might be interesting...

you can say that again O_O

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 14, 2018, 11:08:42 AM

haha... its funny because itst true

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 13, 2018, 11:39:48 AM

haha... it funny because he nkaked and smell

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 06, 2018, 01:30:03 PM

haha... it funny because trump twiter banky

Quote from: Head Gardener on September 21, 2018, 11:06:04 AM

haha... it funny because he nike hair the funny hair man logo trump

Quote from: Head Gardener on August 23, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

haha... funny gogoly bus tmurp! funny! funy

Head Gardener

steve98

What was the point of all that "Haha" shit?

Alberon

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 20, 2019, 03:23:34 PM
Fairly certain the content was pretty much spot on, the only thing Mueller contested really was the wording.

From the Washington Post

QuoteWhen a BuzzFeed reporter first sought comment on the news outlet's explosive report that President Trump had directed his lawyer to lie to Congress, the spokesman for special counsel Robert S. Mueller III treated the request as he would almost any other story.

The reporter informed Mueller's spokesman, Peter Carr, that he and a colleague had "a story coming stating that Michael Cohen was directed by President Trump himself to lie to Congress about his negotiations related to the Trump Moscow project," according to copies of their emails provided by a BuzzFeed spokesman. Importantly, the reporter made no reference to the special counsel's office specifically or evidence that Mueller's investigators had uncovered.

"We'll decline to comment," Carr responded, a familiar refrain for those in the media who cover Mueller's work.

The innocuous exchange belied the chaos it would produce. When BuzzFeed published the story hours later, it far exceeded Carr's initial impression, people familiar with the matter said, in that the reporting alleged that Cohen, Trump's former lawyer and self-described fixer, "told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie," and that Mueller's office learned of the directive "through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

Carr declined to comment for this story beyond the special counsel's office statement issued Friday.

After Carr declined to comment to BuzzFeed, but before the story was published, he sent reporter Jason Leopold a partial transcript of Cohen's plea hearing, in which Cohen admitted lying to Congress about the timing of discussions related to a possible Trump Tower project in Moscow, according to the emails BuzzFeed's spokesman provided. Cohen had claimed falsely that the company's effort to build the tower ended in January 2016, when in fact discussions continued through June of that year, as Trump was clinching the Republican nomination for president.

"I made these misstatements to be consistent with Individual 1's political messaging and out of loyalty to Individual 1," Cohen said at his plea hearing late last year, using the term "Individual 1" to refer to Trump.

Carr, people familiar with the matter said, hoped Leopold would notice that Cohen had not said during the hearing that Trump had explicitly directed him to lie. But Leopold, who co-authored the story with reporter Anthony Cormier, told the spokesman he was not taking any signals, and Carr acknowledged the point.

"I am not reading into what you sent and have interpreted it as an FYI," Leopold wrote.

"Correct, just an FYI," Carr responded.

People familiar with the matter said after BuzzFeed published its story — which was attributed to "two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter" — the special counsel's office reviewed evidence to determine if there were any documents or witness interviews like those described, reaching out to those they thought might have a stake in the case.

They found none, these people said. That, the people said, is in part why it took Mueller's office nearly a day to dispute the story publicly. In the interim, cable news outlets and other media organizations, including The Washington Post, dissected its possible implications — even as their reporters were unable to independently confirm it.

Told of the special counsel's failure to find support for the story, Mittenthal, the BuzzFeed spokesman, said, "Our high-level law enforcement sources, who have helped corroborate months of accurate reporting on the Trump Tower Moscow deal and its aftermath, have told us otherwise. We look forward to further clarification from the Special Counsel in the near future."

Two people familiar with the matter said lawyers at the special counsel's office discussed the statement internally, rather than conferring with Justice Department leaders, for much of the day. In the advanced stages of those talks, the deputy attorney general's office called to inquire if the special counsel planned any kind of response, and was informed a statement was being prepared, the people said.

Around 7:30 p.m. Friday, Carr distributed it to numerous media outlets via email.

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's congressional testimony are not accurate," he wrote.

People familiar with the matter said the special counsel's office meant the statement to be a denial of the central theses of the BuzzFeed story — particularly those that referenced what Cohen had told the special counsel, and what evidence the special counsel had gathered.

So from that I take it that they may have Cohen claiming he was directed to lie, but that they have no corroborating evidence for it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on January 20, 2019, 05:09:32 PM
What was the point of all that "Haha" shit?

what's the point of all those yawn some mockery images (Not attacking Head Gardner, who is an excellent poster, but the "satire" inside is limp).

ps. it was not an ape man - it was an Bigfoot lady in that grainy footage.

Blue Jam

Dannyhood91

I never ever ever post on these political threads but I have a question. Is there any truth in the statement that the video of the boy in the MAGA hat bothering the Native American is faked?

Dannyhood91

Howj Begg

The wider context, with the Black Israelites heckling the Catholic schoolkids, was initially left out of the coverage. But nothing has been staged.

That's it, the full 2 hour clip ostensibly shows the kids being heckled by the 'Black Hebrew Israelites' and this apparently justifies that kid smirking right in the face of that Native American. There are also claims that the Maga kids doing tomahawk chops was an attempt on their part to "good naturedly join in" with the Native American protesters, which is obvious horseshit