Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Head Gardener

Twed

I realised that Trump is a bit like one of those mythical creatures from Japanese fiction that the planet creates to punish humanity for fucking everything up. Like Godzilla, but weak.

You've got to fight Godzilla so he goes away, but it feels very much like all anybody with any power wants to do is go back to doing the things that made him appear in the first place.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Twed on March 01, 2019, 04:15:22 PM
Like Godzilla, but weak.

That should be the inscription on his gravestone.

The Culture Bunker

My first thought was that I bet it fucking honked in that room, all that (cold) junk food.

hedgehog90

It looks like Lincoln, rather than spend a moment longer with this passel of hogs, is considering hanging himself.

Twed

You can criticise all you like, but he's actually just a huge Yuka Kinoshita fan and this is his tribute.

Paul Calf

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1103382429140742144

QuoteIt is shameful that House Democrats won't take a stronger stand against Anti-Semitism in their conference. Anti-Semitism has fueled atrocities throughout history and it's inconceivable they will not act to condemn it!

The President of the United States now endorses this bullshit.

Twed

Republicans and Democrats act in exactly the same way when money and power is directly pulling the strings. They only differ on social issues, so that between them they cover most demographics.

Mister Six

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on March 06, 2019, 11:55:49 PM
Save us, Alpha Papa

Saw this great exchange in the comments on the Lawyers, Guns and Money blog:

Karl Dickman
The artist's explanation [for the doll by Trump's feet]: "Trump stands apart from them with his head bowed contemplating the state of our border situation. He sees a lost doll left behind by a little girl forced to make the dangerous journey. To not build the wall is to allow people on both sides of the border to suffer needlessly."

D Gardner
Nothing defines Donald Trump so much as the art of introspection.

wjts
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down..."

"What one?"

"What?"

"What desert?"

"Just a generic, badly-painted desert."

"But, how come I'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up because someone made fun of your Members Only leather jacket. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and see a symdol. It's been abandoned..."

"'Symdol'? What's that?"

"You know what a doll is?"

"Of course!"

"It's a doll that's also a symbol."

"I've never seen a symdol. But I understand what you mean. I guess."

"You look down at the symdol and feel constipated."

"...do you make up these questions? Or do they write them down for you?

"The symdol lays on its back, its plastic cracking in the hot sun, its abandonment symbolizing the heartbreak of a little girl. And you really need to poop. But you're constipated."

"What do you mean I'm constipated?"

"I mean you're constipated. Your face is screwed into an uncomfortable grimace. But you're not pooping? Why is that?"

"I..."

"And standing behind you is a group of Democratic politicians. And they're holding flags."

"...what kind of flags?"

"The Mexican flag, the Chinese flag, the UN flag, the New York State flag. It doesn't matter. Whatever flags they found in the discount bin at Crazy Steve's House of Vexillological Bargains."

"...Crazy Steve's..."

"House of Vexillological Bargains. And they're standing on an American flag. And you're wearing an ill-fitting suit. And your tie is too long. But you're not pooping. Why is that?"

"I don't..."

"And on the horizon is a crowd of blurry people. They have a blurry Honduran flag. The symdol is getting more symbolic. But you're not pooping. Why aren't you pooping?"

"NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE!"

"Describe in single words only the bad things that come into your mind about Hillary Clinton."

Ferris

It's the adulation on the right I don't understand. He's pretty clearly a shifty conman and a grifter who will happily throw any orthodoxy under the bus for any reason, or no reason whatsoever.

So why hitch your wagon to the guy so permanently and so publicly? It's bizarre.

Anyone keeping up with the emergency declaration? It looks like the republican senators are going to force a veto which looks pretty bad, and provides a lot of ammunition for the legal challenge to the declaration itself. What a fucking mess.

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 07, 2019, 02:07:01 AM
It's the adulation on the right I don't understand. He's pretty clearly a shifty conman and a grifter who will happily throw any orthodoxy under the bus for any reason, or no reason whatsoever.

So why hitch your wagon to the guy so permanently and so publicly? It's bizarre.

Because if he slags you off on Twitter his idiot base - who form a sizeable chunk of your idiot base - might take against you in the next election.

That and the GOP are all about short-term gain, and with Trump basically being willing to sign more or less whatever they give him, that can mean a lot, cf. the tax reform bill that rewarded millionaires and billionaires.

Ferris

Oh I get why it is politically expedient (and maybe even unavoidable) on the right to do whatever he says. I was talking about the adulation of him.

No one in their right minds thinks he gives two shits about migrants suffering at the border (or indeed anyone who isn't him because he's a fucking mega-narcissist), but someone has gone to the effort of fooling themselves that this is the case, and then got their paint set out and done a painting saying that trump is only doing all this because he's such a devout humanitarian.

It's untruthful bordering on unhinged, and you wouldn't see it about any other president from either party. I just don't understand that impetus at all. Is it just unasked-for propagandizing? If so, why? It's weird

ajsmith2

Yeah it really does my head in. I can't get over the amount of denial and cognitive dissonance that so many of Trumps supporters must have to subconsciously deal with. I did a post about this exact subject ages back on one of these threads but it bears repeating as many times as possible.

To reheat what I said in my last post on the subject, I don't get how alt righters who eulogise the western classical canon and values can idolise such a tacky small minded intellectual midget.

I don't get how MRA types whose ideal is the self sufficient masculine alpha can look up to a prissy bitchy silver spoon millionaire draft dodger who is the only president to look exactly the same in the presidential gender swop meme.

Somehow he's managed it though: he will always have a strong core base, and has established enough of a political legacy (mainly through his actions in 2018) that he can be spun as a 'great man' by those who want to. He richly deserves a massive base betraying comeuppance, but I don't see it happening. (the Wall is the main hope for this but already you see most of the base settling down under blankets of deflection and denial that leave Trump spotless.) I would just like his essential weakness of character to be made undeniably known to more of his followers at this point.

Cuellar

Not to mention the Christians, who seem to think the pussy grabbing serial adulterer and plutocrat Trump was sent by God.

Unless all the memes I see from those types are Russian trolls.

Ferris

I think the tediously politically neutral FiveThirtyEight mob have captured part of the reason

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-has-fox-news-changed-in-the-trump-era/

...but it is still weird.

I think it's echo chambers, combined with not wanting to admit you were wrong to back him, combined with a love of triggering the libs (regardless of the fallout). Seeing the tribe you've decided you hate get triggered feels like a win, even if it makes no sense. Uber-tribalism. Any criticism of him is motivated by the evil mainstream media and only proves how great he is. Well that, in combination with being ignorant - wilfully ignorant to his demeanour, and the regular kind of ignorant to everything else about how politics works.

...but does that explain why you'd paint him caring about migrants? Or demonize Obama/Clinton when neither of them has held or run for political office in 2.5+ years?

Like I say, it's weird. No one was like this about Obama or Bush, so where does this devotion from the base come from? It would be bizarre if he was a regular politician, but the fact that it is all aimed at a total moral failure is even more curious.

Urinal Cake

I think there's some research into the Christian base of the GOP which says they're not regular mass going or particularly observant types but are more 'cultural' than anything else.

MRA types love Trump because though he's fat and ugly he gets the women because of his macho and money. Dodging the draft was an acceptable move because it was a stupid  war. A proper war is having unprotected sex during the AIDs epidemic.

Paul Calf

He's ugly and uncultured and equating that to authenticity is the path of least resistance. Most people are lazy - I know I am - and will happily conflate the apppearance of a thing with the thing itself.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 07, 2019, 09:42:45 AM
I think the tediously politically neutral FiveThirtyEight mob have captured part of the reason

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-has-fox-news-changed-in-the-trump-era/

I like their podcast sometimes but their immense efforts to avoid implying in any way that Trump is a weird waste of skin in a suit is often quite infuriating.

"Well Galen, after Trump took a shit live on TV in the Auschwitz gas chamber during a state visit, how do you think this will play with the suburban swing voters who are happy with his tax cuts but wish he would tone down the divisive antics?"

EOLAN

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on March 07, 2019, 10:51:56 AM
I like their podcast sometimes but their immense efforts to avoid implying in any way that Trump is a weird waste of skin in a suit is often quite infuriating.

Personally; I would have to disagree with that myself. There is so much anti-Trump stuff out there to listen to and that slips through on not so political podcasts; and if you like I am sure there is to a lesser degree in the podcast universe plenty of anti-Woke pro Trump stuff to listen to. Sometimes; it can be difficult just to find something that takes a dispassionate view on who and why certain politicians are getting elected or have a chance and this podcast is one of the better ones out there for that.

There general pro-Democrat and especially anti-Trump (maybe coming more in reactions of bemusement than hatred) do come through quite clearly. 

Spoon of Ploff

Ferris

Quote from: EOLAN on March 07, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Personally; I would have to disagree with that myself. There is so much anti-Trump stuff out there to listen to and that slips through on not so political podcasts; and if you like I am sure there is to a lesser degree in the podcast universe plenty of anti-Woke pro Trump stuff to listen to. Sometimes; it can be difficult just to find something that takes a dispassionate view on who and why certain politicians are getting elected or have a chance and this podcast is one of the better ones out there for that.

Their general pro-Democrat and especially anti-Trump (maybe coming more in reactions of bemusement than hatred) do come through quite clearly.

They are certainly bemused, but they do treat the current crop of republicans with a bit too much automatic (and unearned) respect.

That said, I really agree that it's nice to hear something that is a bit dispassionate and unbiased, even if they have to go to extreme lengths not to pick sides (like the article I linked above). It's clear one party is orders of magnitude more corrupt and morally bankrupt/broken than the other, but they never say it. Sometimes that's a frustrating and tedious inability to call out the elephant in the room.

Anyway, I like all their podcasts (unless one of their senior writers is allowed too much rope and she starts banging on about how all white men are racist and I have to switch it off).

jobotic

He's called the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, "Tim Apple".

If he wasn't the most revolting cunt on the planet that would endear him to me.

kngen

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 07, 2019, 02:07:01 AM

He is the perfect representation of the Republican id. People like Max Boot and Bill Krystol can talk about intellectual conservatism all they want, but Trump has proved that that is just so much artifice. He appeals directly to the fears and prejudices of a swathe of mostly white, mostly middle-aged and mostly middle-class suburban Americans - the ones whose only contact with black or Hispanic people is at the drive-thru, and are therefore terrified of all the ones that aren't handing them food with deference in exchange for money. Gangster rappers, MS-13, meth-addled trans women molesting their children in Walmart bathrooms - these are the things that send their amygdala into overdrive, and Trump has - in the style of a true grifter - recognized this and painted himself as a panacea. I've lost count of the amount of stories I've heard from friends (and, indeed, my own family) about discussions with Trump-supporting relatives that have ended up with the Trump supporter storming out in high dudgeon. It's pure emotional attachment - there is no pragmatism or rationale. They hate liberals, love it when they get 'triggered' and can not, in any way, handle it if someone throws it right back at them, even slightly.

And it's always been this way - this is the 30% of the electorate that has consistently voted Republican, and has been hugely over-represented in American political life due to a century's worth of dirty tricks. And they are not the 'high-minded conservatives' that the GOP has laughably styled itself as. They are small, petty, constantly angry bigots, terrified that their comfortable world of unearned privilege is going to be taken away from them, and are looking for any saviour to reassure them that this will never happen ... and Trump is their God Emperor.

In all honesty, if I was completely disengaged on political issues (for example, not caring that he is a massive bigot because his policies do not affect me as a white male) and had no moral compass, I would find Trump a compelling figure. He is a flamboyant bully where most of his bullying is directed at clueless elitists, and against all odds he continues to succeed.

Twed

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on March 08, 2019, 12:46:27 AMHe is a flamboyant bully where most of his bullying is directed at clueless elitists
And the poor, black, Muslim...