Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on March 20, 2019, 03:09:23 AM
Hispanic maybe, "indeterminately ethnic", sure. I doubt that 99 percent (or most, or even a significant number) of Americans who know nothing about her, upon seeing her and/or hearing her name, assume she's a Muslim. Which was the initial contention.

Where does Nimrata Haley (nee Randhawa) factor into all this? Pretty sure the average voter doesn't care what ethnicity she is, though she's adopted quite a non-ethnic name. I wonder if that was on purpose.

rjd2

Has anybody told Trump he needs to leave Mc Cain alone because he was an American hero?

Alberon

Quote from: rjd2 on March 20, 2019, 09:19:33 PM
Has anybody told Trump he needs to leave Mc Cain alone because he was an American hero?

That would be fun. Trump would just have trump to tweet about how he was a greater American hero.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 20, 2019, 11:09:06 AM
Where does Nimrata Haley (nee Randhawa) factor into all this? Pretty sure the average voter doesn't care what ethnicity she is, though she's adopted quite a non-ethnic name. I wonder if that was on purpose.
As she was selected by Trump, does her job and is a good Christian womanTM (though she is also culturally Sikh) I think she's just seen as a person with no real agency. She's the second person of Indian descent to be Govenor after Bobby Jindal (Born Piyush but called himself Bobby after The Brady Bunch then shortly touted as the GOP's Obama).Bobby also converted to Christianity. I think for a people of a certain generation growing up it's one of those things they felt they needed to be accepted first by their community and then the GOP. I mean look at Rafeal Edward Cruz. 

I think religion is a bigger factor than race.

Ferris

I think it's more a case of ticking the box next to Bobby or Nikki rather than Piyush or Nimrata. The average voter hasn't a breeze who these people are as long as they represent the right party.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: rjd2 on March 20, 2019, 09:19:33 PM
Not today https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1108496560026013697

Trump is obviously a cunt but he's right about McCain and it's good that McCain's awful dumbfuck family have to watch John McCain get shit on by some bulging syphilitic-brained moron. Serves him right for being a shitty pilot and an awful person with a horrible daughter

Twed

Yes. I am glad his brain died earlier than his body.

Urinal Cake

Dynasties, eh? As hard as you try the public loves them.

Mr Banlon

Gulftastic

I think this is an attempt to goad anyone they can find on the left to speak out, so they can tar the whole of the Dems as 'anti-semetic'.

Twed

Any politician making declarations like that should be forced into an impromptu panel where they are grilled by members of the public and experts on the subject. This could all be dismissed if we could just expose that Trump thinks Israel is an island just off Cape Cod.

Squink

Quote from: Twed on March 21, 2019, 06:59:03 PMThis could all be dismissed if we could just expose that Trump thinks Israel is an island just off Cape Cod.

I laughed (and cried for the future of humanity, obv).

Mr Banlon

It's a blatant 'I can't be in the pocket of Putin' manoeuvre.

Twed

Is that because he "is rail"ing against him?

pcsjwgm

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on the idea that God has "raised" Trump to save the Jewish people from Iran: "I certainly believe that's possible."
https://twitter.com/EenaRuffini/status/1108855298679169024

hummingofevil

Quote from: pcsjwgm on March 22, 2019, 02:33:48 AM
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on the idea that God has "raised" Trump to save the Jewish people from Iran: "I certainly believe that's possible."
https://twitter.com/EenaRuffini/status/1108855298679169024

I just wish the Chinese would hurry the fuck up and take over everything. Put and end to all this shit. Either the Chinese of environmental armagedon.

Then again just think how completely insufferable all the evangelicals will be when we realise the world is coming to an end as if they have been proven right or some shit.

Mr Banlon

ajsmith2

I've noticed Trump has started spinning the 'The Left is Anti Semitic' record over the last week or so. I do wonder if someone has advised him that that's managed some traction in the UK against Corbyn, and so to start up with that now to establish an angle to use against any 'further left than centrist' Dem candidates who might threaten his populist appeal in 2020.

Another reason why Sanders should definitely go head to head with him next year; he pretty much diffuses that approach right out the gate.

Twed

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 22, 2019, 12:42:09 PM
Another reason why Sanders should definitely go head to head with him next year; he pretty much diffuses that approach right out the gate.
Until he learns more from the centrists, such as "Jewish people who disagree with us—primarily Christian folk— are also antisemites".

Ferris

Mueller report filed with the DoJ. Details to follow this weekend.

Trump has revoked US sanctions on North Korea that were only placed the day before (and signed off by his cabinet prior to being rolled back). He did this by tweet.

Ivanka and Jared messaging foreign dictators via encrypted whatsapp messages.

I'm convinced people are just so exhausted with this cunt that he can do what he likes - people can't stand to hear about him any more.

Ferris

Also: calling it now.

No new bombshells in the Mueller report (outside of the pretty eye-popping charges already filed), and definitely not enough to provide coordinated collusion. Trump & co will spin this as vindication ("despite the presidential harassment!"), an additional 5-7% of the electorate will agree, Trump will cruise to a narrow but reliable reelection.

Everyone battens down the hatches for another 4 years. Life gets slightly worse for all involved.

Alberon

It's not for Mueller to indict the President, is it? That depends on what Congress thinks of what he's dug up.

Twed

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 22, 2019, 11:04:33 PM
Also: calling it now.

No new bombshells in the Mueller report (outside of the pretty eye-popping charges already filed), and definitely not enough to provide coordinated collusion. Trump & co will spin this as vindication ("despite the presidential harassment!"), an additional 5-7% of the electorate will agree, Trump will cruise to a narrow but reliable reelection.

Everyone battens down the hatches for another 4 years. Life gets slightly worse for all involved.
Hillary Clinton and followers double down on blaming her loss on Bernie and people wanting politicians that help them instead.

Ferris

Quote from: Twed on March 22, 2019, 11:40:46 PM
Hillary Clinton and followers double down on blaming her loss on Bernie and people wanting politicians that help them instead.

Yes, and the DNC learns nothing and does similar for the 2020 nomination.

Twed

It's definitely a something burger, but they can't raise awareness for the Trump's real crimes because almost everybody in top-tier politics is guilty of the same things and everybody would FUCKING HATE THEM.

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on March 23, 2019, 07:54:42 PM

Could well be with regard to Donald "I don't email" Trump.

I wonder if the 17 other investigations are similar nothing-burgers though?

mojo filters

Quote from: Twed on March 23, 2019, 07:59:24 PM
It's definitely a something burger, but they can't raise awareness for the Trump's real crimes because almost everybody in top-tier politics is guilty of the same things and everybody would FUCKING HATE THEM.

If you are specifically referring to the Mueller investigation portion, there has already been plenty of evidence to fill that burger. Widen the scope of enquiry and the filling grows fatter.

Even if we assume hypothetically that there will be no further incriminating evidence in the material from his forthcoming report which can be made public (ie removing grand jury testimony, findings which did not result in indictment yet are potentially injurious to the subjects etc) the unredacted narratives contained in existing court filings are ample evidence of substantial wrongdoing, just within the scope of the Special Counsel's narrow mandate alone.

I'm sure I don't need to list all that now, since the reporting has been consistently thorough and is easily accessed. The speaking indictments contain far more than just the requisite criminal charging information, as it relates to the actual alleged/proven crimes and/or guilty pleas.

There is plenty of information indicating treacherous behaviour by the Trump campaign and administration included in those indictments, which did not directly result in charges - yet clearly validates the importance of and need for the Special Counsel and the prior FBI investigations.

The most notable collusion we know of so far was not actually intended for public consumption, however Paul Manafort's counsel erroneously failed to correctly redact portions of a court filing in pdf format.

This showed evidence of Manafort sharing detailed private polling information with a suspected Russian operative, whilst leading the Trump campaign. This was not just typical top line numbers that could be of interest to those merely politically curious, it was nearly 100 pages of granular polling done using the benefit of the carefully guarded RNC voter files provided to campaigns once the candidate is nominated.

This kind of detailed information requires skill and experience to understand, as it focuses on the key demographics and geographical regions identified as most important for electoral success.

Hence that exchange alone potentially provided sufficient information to allow strategically targeted Russian social media attacks in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennslyvania - where a combined 75,000 votes took Trump past the magic 270 electoral college number.

The problem causing the perception that the final Mueller report will be underwhelming, has been the drip feeding of individual pieces of evidence over time.

The impact would be different if all of Mueller's information and charges had dropped at once. Just the unprecedented number of crimes committed by campaign members and close Trump associates should have a devastating political impact.

If we add in dodgy dealings such as the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting, along with the lies and changing stories told by Trump himself, family members and campaign staff - the pattern in respect of Russian collusion becomes even clearer and more shocking.

As for raising awareness of Trump's other crimes, these are being investigated separately and thoroughly. The various House Congressional Committee investigations do not exhibit any reticence to expose further Trump misdeeds.

Similarly the federal investigations we know of in the Eastern District of Virginia, Washington DC and the Southern District of New York are not protecting anybody, likewise with state investigations such as the New York Attorney General and the Manhatton District Attorney.

We do not yet know if there are other notable authorities looking at these issues, whether via additional investigative findings passed on by Mueller, or simply on their own volition. We only found out about the New York State charges filed against Paul Manafort by Cyrus Vance, after his federal case was fully completed.

It's easy to make snarky comments about the rich protecting the rich, or politicians protecting their own interests. However when no substantive evidence is presented to support that notion in this context - such commentary looks as cheap and tawdry as the corruption implied.

The investigation into potential criminal conduct outside of the Special Counsel's remit involves laws equally applicable to those undertaking such enquiries. For example the emoluments clause in the constitution applies to lawmakers other than just Trump. The illegality of making adjustments to circumstances, to lower insurance premiums or raise borrowings, applies equally to all.

I'm sorry the responsible media has not constructed a leftist version of the fallacious Trumpian deep state, which could conveniently substantiate conspiracy theories into alleged crimes. What raises the often maligned "mainstream media" above the conservative echo chamber, is evidence-based reporting via reputable sources and methods.

There is plenty of ongoing investigation into potential wrongdoing by the rich, the powerful and the ruling class. I reject any notion that honest media brokers are conspiring to protect such people.

It is evident from the aggressive investigative tactics of the House Democrats that they seem open to exposing themselves, in pursuit of Trump, his family, his administration, and his shameless political enablers.

As Ben Bradlee told an eager and impatient Woodward and Bernstein during Watergate: "the truth emerges!"