Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Twed

mojo filters

If you don't like the news, take heed from a resonant throwaway Kent Brockman line - Guard your ears!

José

not a big fan of this donald trump fella. seems popular itt though.

Twed

Yes, there are lots of people who desperately want to repeat the things that got him elected in the first place. They must be big fans.

hummingofevil

Just been reading some excerpts from this Barbara Bush book that is coming out. It's hilariously clueless. Barbara hated Trump so much that she blamed him for her having heart problems and couldn't work out what the his attraction was to the voters. She couldn't work out what the Trump base, anti-establishment voter's motivation was and then goes on to describe how Jr voted for his new best buddy Hillary and Barbara herself wrote in Jeb in 2016 election. Such was the privilege she wrote in her other son for president in an election he wasn't even contesting.

Oh course Trump is a massive cunt but I always giggle when you see those pictures of the Obamas and Clintons and Bushes all being super pally and Trump sat isolated with a fucking face on him. Of course he is a sociopathic arsehole but they really can't work out that him being the outsider of this self-congratulatory back slap is EXACTLY the reason people vote for him; it's is as hilarious as it is grim. The fact the press then plaster their coverage with these photos thinking it makes Trump look bad is even funnier.

Paul Calf

There's also the possibility that most of his base don't care whether or not he's 'anti-establishment' (most of them are pretty authoritarian after all) as long as he keeps playing the white-male-persecution mood music.

greenman

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 28, 2019, 06:00:36 AM
There's also the possibility that most of his base don't care whether or not he's 'anti-establishment' (most of them are pretty authoritarian after all) as long as he keeps playing the white-male-persecution mood music.

You can be both of course, anti the current establishment but wanting a rather authoritarian alternative, I'd say Republican voters have tended to have that sentiment(anti gubberment but  pro big defence/intelligence budgets) quite a lot far before Trump and he's just given it a fresh lick of anti establishment paint.

Paul Calf

That's not really being anti-establishment though, is it? That's just wanting a different establishment that oppresses other people more than it oppresses you.

Paul Calf

It's a bit galling that the definition of rebellion at this point is vocally disagreeing with the colour scheme of your current prison cell.

greenman

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 28, 2019, 07:43:16 AM
That's not really being anti-establishment though, is it? That's just wanting a different establishment that oppresses other people more than it oppresses you.

Being in constant opposition to any kind of establishment would seem like a strange qualifier though, surely any anti establishment viewpoint tends towards a preference for a shift to a different establishment you would be in favour of.

I'd say its moreso that Trump supporters often aren't anti authoritarian and indeed that Trump himself really isn't anywhere near as anti establishment as they like to think of him as. Really though I think that just means he depends even more off of feeding on questionable attacks such as Russian collusion, it allows him to further an anti establishment position that's tougher to maintain when some kind of substance is demanded of him.

I don't tend to think the Dem establishment and attendant media are unaware of this, its just that there more concerned with damage limitation to their own positions than they are effective attacks on Trump.

Paul Calf

Quote from: greenman on March 28, 2019, 08:25:26 AM
Being in constant opposition to any kind of establishment would seem like a strange qualifier though, surely any anti establishment viewpoint tends towards a preference for a shift to a different establishment you would be in favour of.

Not if you're an anarchist. It's the only honest position to take if you want to style yourself as 'anti-establishment'.

I agree though: Trump is a (possibly) billionaire property developer who inherited a fortune from his dad and who's abused tax and bankruptcy law to protect his half-arsed investments. The only reason he's not a fully paid-up establishment figure is because he's incompetent and charmless.

But now he's President so, you know...

José

sounds like this trump fella's a real salt of the earth type. man of the people, sticks up for the little guy etc

Mister Six

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 28, 2019, 08:43:29 AM
Not if you're an anarchist. It's the only honest position to take if you want to style yourself as 'anti-establishment'.

The commonly understood definition of anti-establishment is being against the present establishment, not being against the concept of an establishment at all. In an anarchist society the society itself would by definition be the establishment, just an establishment that comprises the majority of the population, so your distinction doesn't even make sense on a fundamental level.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/does-windmill-noise-cause-cancer-donald-trump-renews-campaign-against-wind-power-with-new-baseless-claim/ar-BBVz3hB?ocid=ientp

Quote"Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind," he told the crowd. "If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value." He then introduced his newest argument, telling the audience, "And they say the noise causes cancer," before mimicking the sound of a turbine as the crowd laughed and applauded.

The president continued by lamenting the number of birds killed by the turbines. "And of course it's like a graveyard for birds. If you love birds, you'd never want to walk under a windmill, because it's a very sad, sad sight. It's like a cemetery. We put a little statue for the poor birds."

WIND CANCER.

Blumf

Barry Admin

Sure, makes sense, and a lot of people do have windmills right next to their house.

A LITTLE STATUE.

samadriel

Trump reminds me of that long perspex machine an artist built that took food and, with the aid of devices and chemicals akin to a human stomach, digested it and extruded genuine fecal matter.  He's a verbal shit-machine.

phantom_power

Imagine a meeting between Trump and AOC. Imagine the gulf in intellect, upbringing, lived experience, motivations, worldviews. I can't think of two more diametrically opposed people

Trump still using Hillary memes in his speeches? It's 2019.

Alberon

Most studies show birds are pretty good at avoiding turbine blades and as to the cancer claim, well studies have shown...

Why are we bothering? We all know it's made up shit. Trump's fans know it's made up shit. They're like WWE fans, they know it's fake, they just enjoy the show.

One thing Trump is somewhat good at is being a showman.

Squink

Trump as a bird lover is an unexpectedly tender twist that I didn't expect this presidency to take.

The WWE fans thing is a good analogy, although utterly terrifying at the same time of course.

Quote from: samadriel on April 04, 2019, 12:02:24 PM
Trump reminds me of that long perspex machine an artist built that took food and, with the aid of devices and chemicals akin to a human stomach, digested it and extruded genuine fecal matter.  He's a verbal shit-machine.

I'd never come across the term "mouthshittery" until Trump ran for president.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 04, 2019, 11:04:17 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/does-windmill-noise-cause-cancer-donald-trump-renews-campaign-against-wind-power-with-new-baseless-claim/ar-BBVz3hB?ocid=ientp

"Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind," he told the crowd. "If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value." He then introduced his newest argument, telling the audience, "And they say the noise causes cancer," before mimicking the sound of a turbine as the crowd laughed and applauded.

The president continued by lamenting the number of birds killed by the turbines. "And of course it's like a graveyard for birds. If you love birds, you'd never want to walk under a windmill, because it's a very sad, sad sight. It's like a cemetery. We put a little statue for the poor birds."

TRUMP 2020 - 'It's for the Birds.'

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on April 04, 2019, 02:25:25 PM
Imagine a meeting between Trump and AOC. Imagine the gulf in intellect, upbringing, lived experience, motivations, worldviews. I can't think of two more diametrically opposed people
He would just stare at her with vacant eyes. Then at his next rally say something like "I met her. All I got from her was <gibberish in stereotypical Mexican accent akin to Speedy Gonzales>".

And the place would go crazy with glee.

steve98

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 04, 2019, 05:42:44 PM
"I met her. All I got from her was <gibberish in stereotypical Mexican accent akin to Speedy Gonzales>".

"She called me a, can I say it? A "Shittin', gringo bastard", nice uh? Sprayed spit all over me too"

Head Gardener

Twed

Picturing the petrified intern who had to make that for him.