Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 03:09:40 AM
And believe it or not, I'm in total agreement with you about the Russia stuff! But fucking hell this has gotten doctrinaire and ridiculous
You're just annoyed, if the actual problem was distracting content you wouldn't continue with this or encourage others because you're already generated so much piss today that it exceeds all of my posts about grifters in this thread combined. Deal with the inevitability of the changes you're going to see, which are these changes: fuck all changes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 02:14:52 AM
Which includes you. And don't misrepresent me by saying that I was forcing people here to "focus on the issues". I've been really direct about how that's directed at the media.

Stop shit stirring.

You should have met me in Boston tonight. Im a twedliever.

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 03:18:55 AM
You're just annoyed, if the actual problem was distracting content you wouldn't continue with this or encourage others because you're already generated so much piss today that it exceeds all of my posts about grifters in this thread combined. Deal with the inevitability of the changes you're going to see, which are these changes: fuck all changes.

what the fuck are you talking about

BlodwynPig

He's saying there are no good people anymore.

I knew that!

That is not any kind of great discovery

I never found the Russia stuff very compelling or credible, so instead of trying to piss on every conversation about it, I simply didn't participate because I didn't see the point in discussing stuff I didn't think was that important. It's amazing how some people have never managed to grasp this!

Twed

What if instead of having pissed on every conversation I had just posted the occasional link, image or opinion and then some people generated enough huffy wind to make Britain carbon neutral

How do we assess that reality

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 19, 2019, 03:27:46 AM
He's saying there are no good people anymore.

why is that then?

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 03:38:00 AM
What if instead of having pissed on every conversation I had just posted the occasional link, image or opinion and then some people generated enough huffy wind to make Britain carbon neutral

How do we assess that reality

The reality is that very rarely has this stuff come up without some snide, pointed comment from you, clearly intended to stammer the conversation, and it's about time you developed some self awareness because the only reason people are making a big deal out of it now is that it's gone on for ages and it's boring, self-serving and unnecessary

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 03:43:24 AM
The reality is that very rarely has this stuff come up without some snide, pointed comment from you, clearly intended to stammer the conversation, and it's about time you developed some self awareness because the only reason people are making a big deal out of it now is that it's gone on for ages and it's boring, self-serving and unnecessary
You keep telling me that I mention this stuff over and over again like I don't know that or that I am going to stop doing that. I am never going to stop, because for a multitude of personal reasons and just plain strategy I think it's the right thing to do. It is evidently not disruptive and that is clearly not actually what bothers you anyway. You're just going to have to come to terms with it.

Twed

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 19, 2019, 03:19:53 AM
You should have met me in Boston tonight. Im a twedliever.
You're still there? You must have seen everything the city has to offer five times over by now.

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 04:04:24 AM
You keep telling me that I mention this stuff over and over again like I don't know that or that I am going to stop doing that. I am never going to stop, because for a multitude of personal reasons and just plain strategy I think it's the right thing to do. It is evidently not disruptive and that is clearly not actually what bothers you anyway. You're just going to have to come to terms with it.

It is absolutely actually what bothers me and I have repeatedly made this clear, as others have as well, and you still don't understand that it's not the subject that bothers me or anyone else, it's the snide, know it all 'blowing your mind' tone and supercilious attitude. You have been told this repeatedly, but continue to delude yourself that people are simply bothered by the brilliance and sheer correctness of your ideas, despite most people here agreeing with you on this issue, including myself.

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 04:10:18 AM
It is absolutely actually what bothers me and I have repeatedly made this clear, as others have as well, and you still don't understand that it's not the subject that bothers me or anyone else, it's the snide, know it all 'blowing your mind' tone and supercilious attitude. You have been told this repeatedly, but continue to delude yourself that people are simply bothered by the brilliance and sheer correctness of your ideas, despite most people here agreeing with you on this issue, including myself.
So like I said, it's just you being personally irritated and having a hissy fit. I do not think what I'm saying is brilliant. I even add disclaimers to posts to point out that I think what I'm saying is in fact not clever, not something everybody else couldn't figure out or doesn't know anyway:

Quote from: Twed on April 18, 2019, 10:17:31 PMI don't think I'm blowing minds here, this is the most obvious 14-year-old-who-just-discovered-Chomsky reading of the situation (which doesn't make it any less correct).

My posts are matter of fact annoyance. I am restating mostly second-hand facts and opinions with some snarkiness, because I think other people will reflect off them (which is why I do it, because people say some brilliant and hilarious things, you included). I try to be sensitive towards people with massive chips on their shoulders by explicitly trying to point out that I am not airing clever or surprising opinions but it's difficult to get through to somebody as obtuse as you're being today.

The problem is that you are Paul Calf (the character) (and also Paul Calf the forum member), looking to be annoyed by anybody you think is acting a above their station. Instead of taking everything in bad faith, maybe think about whether a certain tone or response is used for comic effect, or to highlight a point, or to lower the poster's own status by being in-character to some degree or simply because it's a funny turn of phrase.

If you don't think that what you're saying is unimpeachably brilliant, then I don't know why you feel the need to imply that the only reason that your manner might be objectionable is due to some pathology on my part. That seems like just another contrived way of deflecting criticism and absolving oneself of any responsibility

Twed

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 04:24:59 AM
If you don't think that what you're saying is brilliant, then I don't know why you feel the need to imply that the only reason that your manner might be objectionable is due to some pathology on my part.
Because you have directly told me so, including in that sentence where you accuse me of secretly thinking that I'm brilliant.

Take this to heart: I say nothing here that any passionate, average person couldn't come up with. Every post is made with an accompanying fear that I might have been dipshittedly stupid.

But you see, I haven't. I haven't told you anything. You've contrived the pathology for the same reason that you contrive perceived ideological disagreements: in order to deflect.

And I don't literally think that you think you're brilliant, I was just offering that as a potential reason as to why you consistently refuse to accept that you might be going the wrong way about things

Twed

Oh well. Nothing's changing, so just ignore it I guess.

Twed

What's that? Hillary Clinton? Let me tell you a little something about Hillary Clinton

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on April 19, 2019, 03:39:24 AM
why is that then?

Humans are innately selfish. Even acts of charity and valour are rooted in this mortal flaw. Once acknowledged and accepted we can move forward more rapidly to our inevitable and necessary extinction.

Or you can watch your old Flumps VHS.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 04:06:02 AM
You're still there? You must have seen everything the city has to offer five times over by now.

Leaving soon. If we dont crash in these winds. Inevitable and necessary extinction, some may eulogise.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 04:29:43 AM
But you see, I haven't. I haven't told you anything. You've contrived the pathology for the same reason that you contrive perceived ideological disagreements: in order to deflect.

And I don't literally think that you think you're brilliant, I was just offering that as a potential reason as to why you consistently refuse to accept that you might be going the wrong way about things

There is no wrong way doofus. But i learned at Harvard that this form of "storming" should never be done by email or text. So if you can skype Twed im sure you can move on to the next stage "norming"

We've already long since moved on, Blod

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 19, 2019, 11:55:50 AM
We've already long since moved on, Blod

Love this phrase.

Thomas Ligotti - We've already long since moved on

Mister Six

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 02:09:10 AM
In fact, every time one of you has a tantrum about it I'm just going to make an extra post along the same lines. Go piss yourselves.

You are Biggytitbo and I claim my five pounds.

Twed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-russian-effort-to-target-sanders-supporters--and-help-elect-trump/2019/04/11/741d7308-5576-11e9-8ef3-fbd41a2ce4d5_story.html

Washington Post thinks support for Sanders and distaste for neolibs can only be explained by Russia interference, and that's why their time is up.

Ferris

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 06:10:40 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-russian-effort-to-target-sanders-supporters--and-help-elect-trump/2019/04/11/741d7308-5576-11e9-8ef3-fbd41a2ce4d5_story.html

Washington Post thinks support for Sanders and distaste for neolibs can only be explained by Russia interference, and that's why their time is up.

Not trump related, stick it in the 2020 thread.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mister Six on April 19, 2019, 05:51:57 PM
You are Biggytitbo and I claim my five pounds.

I've been trying to work out whether he's Kevin or Perry.

Twed

Quote from: Twed on April 19, 2019, 06:10:40 PM

This is a brilliant thing that I have posted. It makes me the best.

Twed