Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

This is confirmed as true. Read it and weep, libtards.

Dex Sawash

Had to zoom in on the blue arrow, disappointed it wasn't labeled 'mexicans'

olliebean

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 27, 2019, 05:44:16 PM
This is confirmed as true. Read it and weep, libtards.

That chart breaks down as 95% of people + less than 2% of people + less than 2% of people = everyone. Tells you all you need to know about it, really.

phantom_power

I like how they concede that Trump still isn't as clever as Einstein. I mean that would be ridiculous

BlodwynPig

Quote from: olliebean on April 27, 2019, 09:24:24 PM
That chart breaks down as 95% of people + less than 2% of people + less than 2% of people = everyone. Tells you all you need to know about it, really.

The rest is statistical noise, i.e. aliens

Twed

Twed

Fucking filthy jowels of a great grandmother cunt

Fambo Number Mive

The idea of Presidential pardons is like something from the 15th century. Why should one person be able to overrule a justice system?

Zetetic

Quote from: olliebean on April 27, 2019, 09:24:24 PM

It says 'About 95%'. I think you can believe in the Normal distribution and still be a moral person.

(Yes, although you can still argue about whether it's reasonable to model a general factor of intelligence as normally-distributed if you like.)

Twed

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 07, 2019, 08:17:11 PM
The idea of Presidential pardons is like something from the 15th century. Why should one person be able to overrule a justice system?
Maybe the US rejecting monarchy in its early history means it hasn't learned the lessons that European countries did. They seem to want dynasties and fascists now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hey biggy, how is Trump destroying the establishment and the financial elite going for ya

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on May 07, 2019, 08:21:08 PM
Maybe the US rejecting monarchy in its early history means it hasn't learned the lessons that European countries did. They seem to want dynasties and fascists now.

Maga distribution, surely

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twed on May 07, 2019, 08:03:49 PM
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1125731689546878978

Ramping up the anti-Muslim stuff for election season

The hilarious kicker being that he can now sue anyone who refers to him as a criminal or a murderer for defamation.

Why on Earth would he be able to do that?

Paul Calf

Because a pardon erases the conviction. In British law, anyway.

Thankfully, presidential pardons do not alter the conviction, only the punishment gets binned.

Mister Six

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 08, 2019, 03:27:21 PM
Thankfully, presidential pardons do not alter the conviction, only the punishment gets binned.

Also under mental US defamation laws, he would have to prove he ISNT a criminal or racist, rather than the other way around as it is in the UK. So even if pardons did clear the conviction he'd have a hard time winning the case. GO FIRST AMENDMENT!

mojo filters

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on May 08, 2019, 03:27:21 PM

If a pardon did not alter the status of the underlying conviction, what would there be to distinguish it from an immediate sentence commutation?

A commutation such as that received by Chelsea Manning, reduces the actual sentence without changing the felonious record (or UCMJ equivalent) of the recipient.

The most notable implication of a pardon is that in accepting such, the person implicitly acknowledges their guilt (regardless of plea when convicted) and also forfeits 5th Amendment privileges otherwise related to the underlying crime.

Hence for example now Scooter Libby has been pardoned, were Congress to subsequently investigate the Valerie Plame leak affair again - Libby could not assert any right to avoid incriminating himself, were he subpoenaed for testimony.

Apparently Sheriff Joe Arpio [sp?] did not realise these things in accepting his presidential pardon, and was rather unhappy when he found out!

I don't pretend to be much of an expert on this. I do know that somebody in receipt of a presidential pardon will have all of their liberties restored, including rights to vote, own guns, run for office, etc. A commutation of sentence will just get them out of prison earlier, they'll still have to live with all the other consequences.

I'm also not convinced that acceptance of a pardon is an implicit acknowledgement of guilt. A quick Google reveals that legal opinion is divided on the issue.

Howj Begg

QuoteDonald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!

Normal, normal stuff.

mojo filters

To the best of my knowledge Burdick remains settled case law in respect of both issues.

The actual case was specifically around the 5A implications, and in the decision SCOTUS ruled there was the right to refuse a pardon - hence allowing the party to avoid giving up their 5A rights.

jobotic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 07, 2019, 08:57:32 PM
Hey biggy, how is Trump destroying the establishment and the financial elite going for ya

I think he's forgotten that he was a Trump cheerleader. Just cheers for Trump's friends now.

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 20, 2019, 02:18:44 PM
Normal, normal stuff.

and yet, spectacularly peaceful compared to his predecessors

it's almost as though he's full of bluster and a gobshite, but not a warmonger like Barry

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 20, 2019, 06:43:37 PM
and yet, spectacularly peaceful compared to his predecessors

it's almost as though he's full of bluster and a gobshite, but not a warmonger like Barry

Ah yes, peaceful Cheeto

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ramped-up-drone-strikes-in-americas-shadow-wars

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteDonald Trump has said he "may" meet Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage and Conservative MP Boris Johnson during next week's state visit to the UK.

The US president described them as "friends" and "good guys".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48462677

DrGreggles

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 08, 2019, 03:15:37 PM
Because a pardon erases the conviction. In British law, anyway.
That isn't how defamation law works.

Blumf

Classical Freedom Gas

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/05/us-department-of-energy-is-now-referring-to-fossil-fuels-as-freedom-gas/
QuoteIn a press release published on Tuesday, two Department of Energy officials used the terms "freedom gas" and "molecules of US freedom" to replace your average, everyday term "natural gas."