Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

sponk

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 16, 2019, 10:50:30 AM
He's retweeted a Katie Hopkins tweet about "Khan's Londonistan":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48651131

Fucking hell.

He's a petty weirdo. I remember when a terrorist attack was unfolding in London and he took it as an opportunity to twist Khan's words and have a dig at him.

Paul Calf

QuoteDo you believe that the Failing New York Times just did a story stating that the United States is substantially increasing Cyber Attacks on Russia. This is a virtual act of Treason by a once great paper so desperate for a story, any story, even if bad for our Country.....

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1140065300186128384?s=21

This is all fine. Judge and jury Trump denouncing a newspaper for treason because it said something he doesn't like. Fine.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sponk on June 16, 2019, 11:15:17 AM
He's a petty weirdo. I remember when a terrorist attack was unfolding in London and he took it as an opportunity to twist Khan's words and have a dig at him.

Yes, but does he seriously not realise how racist "Londonistan" is or is he genuinely that racist himself? Are his attacks on Khan because he sees him as a liberal lefty, or simply because Trump is a racist?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 16, 2019, 10:50:30 AM
He's retweeted a Katie Hopkins tweet about "Khan's Londonistan"

Fucking hell.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he hired her as his next Press Secretary.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 16, 2019, 11:29:36 AM
Yes, but does he seriously not realise how racist "Londonistan" is or is he genuinely that racist himself? Are his attacks on Khan because he sees him as a liberal lefty, or simply because Trump is a racist?

There are 5 options.

1. He is a racist and hates Khan because he is a Muslim.
2. He is thick as fuck and can't work out that even with knife issues London wouldn't come in top 50 of most murdery places to live it was an American city.
3. He is a petty cunt who has a personal issue with Khan after being called out by him.
4. It's a distraction from something else that is happening right now but we not focussing on.
5. All of the above.

5. Is my best guess.

imitationleather

Give the man the benefit of the doubt. He would have had to read all the way to the end of the tweet to get to "Londonistan".

Paul Calf

I'm far more worried about this. These are the words of a tyrant.

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 16, 2019, 11:27:07 AM

Quote from: Agent OrangeDo you believe that the Failing New York Times just did a story stating that the United States is substantially increasing Cyber Attacks on Russia. This is a virtual act of Treason by a once great paper so desperate for a story, any story, even if bad for our Country.....
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1140065300186128384?s=21

This is all fine. Judge and jury Trump denouncing a newspaper for treason because it said something he doesn't like. Fine.

sponk

Quote from: hummingofevil on June 16, 2019, 12:12:37 PM
There are 5 options.

1. He is a racist and hates Khan because he is a Muslim.
2. He is thick as fuck and can't work out that even with knife issues London wouldn't come in top 50 of most murdery places to live it was an American city.
3. He is a petty cunt who has a personal issue with Khan after being called out by him.
4. It's a distraction from something else that is happening right now but we not focussing on.
5. All of the above.

5. Is my best guess.

It'll probably play well with his base to see him battling a prominent brown Muslim called "Khan". They'll see it as a modern Twitter crusade probably.

idunnosomename

he is a very petty cunt I think we can agree on that

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on June 16, 2019, 01:14:39 PM
It'll probably play well with his base to see him battling a prominent brown Muslim called "Khan". They'll see it as a modern Twitter crusade probably.

Or Picard in Star Trek

Blue Jam

Well, Zapp Brannigan was based on Kirk/Shatner...

sponk

Probably the most interesting conversation I've seen about Trump's Khan tweets

"That don't sence even to me" is a great comedy catchphrase that never was.

Buelligan

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 16, 2019, 11:29:36 AM

Obviously, he's a very divisive person.  He frequently jabbers on about the UK as a "Great" country but then he chooses to talk about its capital city as Londonistan. 

It is horribly offensively willfully racist but, more than that, I think it's an attempt to create a rift between his electorate, "normal" British people living nominally white Christian lives, keeping themselves to themselves and glad of it, outside the big metrolopisses and those who live in or have at least been to Fox TV's sharia law zones.

Quote from: The Guardian on 12 January 2015Non-Muslims do not go to the British city of Birmingham, which has become a "totally Muslim" city, it has been claimed. Speaking on US news channel Fox News, Steven Emerson – who claims to be a "terrorism expert" – also said that gangs of religious police in parts of London beat up people who are not wearing Islamic clothes.

I mean, we all want more war in the Middle East, right?

Urinal Cake

QuoteIsraeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has unveiled a new settlement in the occupied Golan Heights, named after US President Donald Trump.
At a naming ceremony on Sunday, Mr Netanyahu said Trump Heights honoured Mr Trump for his decision to recognise Israeli sovereignty over the territory.
Building work has yet to begin but a sign bearing Mr Trump's name and US and Israeli flags was unveiled.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48656431

sponk

Just seen Khan on Sky News saying "he's amplified a racist tweet, is it right that the US president is promoting racism?", Trump has really given Khan a get out of jail free card with his attacks. Khan isn't on the backfoot about the murders in London, he's able to deflect and attack Trump for his rambling, racist bollocks. He must wake up praying that Trump is going to attack him everyday.

Paul Calf

Do you think Khan should be on the back foot about murders in London?

Fambo Number Mive

Surely the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police is the one that should be getting a lot of the scrutiny. As should the government, who have a lot more power over society than the Mayor of London.

phantom_power

Hasn't it long been said by experienced police officers that more police on the street would reduce knife crime and it is the government cutting funding to the police, and May's policies, that have cause this? Of course the Tories are going to attack Khan for it but the press shouldn't fall for it and should be highlighting who is really accountable

Paul Calf

It's not just the police: disappearance of decent jobs, support services and increasing poverty all feed into the crime rate. Blaming Sadiq Khan for this is like blaming the marketing department of Starbucks for their shady tax policies.

Mayor Of London really is a largely ceremonial role: meet and greet, say the right things, bit of money to spend on eye-catching projects....compared the The Mayor Of The City Of London, it's pretty much purely a figurehead role.

EDIT: Apparently their tax affairs are OK. I've changed it. Their coffee is still shit though.

sponk

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 18, 2019, 02:10:03 PM
Do you think Khan should be on the back foot about murders in London?

Not really but it's the kind of thing the press ordinarily would, wrongly, put a Mayor on the back foot about and Trump has saved him from that. I think he could be much better at responding to the murders, but I don't think he could do anything to prevent them.

ETA I think police cuts are a convenient red herring. There's no real evidence that more police = less crime at all, but they do provide a brilliantly easy and effective way for Labour to attack the Tories 

Blumf

Quote from: sponk on June 18, 2019, 03:38:47 PM
There's no real evidence that more police = less crime at all,

You are Theresa May and I claim my five pounds!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32806520

sponk

Stopped clocks. She's right, of course the police are going to try to get more funding if they need it or not. Perhaps you have a more trusting attitude to the cops than I do.

Maybe I'm Richard Seymour.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leninology/status/1102744175244652544

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: sponk on June 18, 2019, 03:38:47 PM
Not really but it's the kind of thing the press ordinarily would, wrongly, put a Mayor on the back foot about and Trump has saved him from that. I think he could be much better at responding to the murders, but I don't think he could do anything to prevent them.

ETA I think police cuts are a convenient red herring. There's no real evidence that more police = less crime at all, but they do provide a brilliantly easy and effective way for Labour to attack the Tories

Interestingly, the Tories campaigned under the slogan "Put More Police On The Street and they'll catch more criminals" in 2005. Of course, that was before austerity.

i'm anti police except for cases where people don't like my posts

sponk

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 18, 2019, 04:20:28 PM
Interestingly, the Tories campaigned under the slogan "Put More Police On The Street and they'll catch more criminals" in 2005. Of course, that was before austerity.

Because Labour cut thousands of police and closed thousands of stations. Of course the Tories are going to attack them on that, even though they know it's rubbish, it plays well. May just happens to be saying something true for the wrong reasons these days.

Buelligan

I think you're incorrect. 

If someone is intent on committing an offence - say speeding or chucking a brick through someone's window or drawing a huge cock on the front door of Tesco's, ask yourself, are they more or less likely to do it if a police officer is staring at them? 

It doesn't matter that the police can be dishonest shits, most bobbies on the beat, if they observe a crime taking place and have no business or other allegiance to the perpetrator, are going to take that collar because of scores on the doors.

I think the stabbing thing is probably down to a whole load of complicated stuff, lack of police presence being one issue but also keeping drugs illegal, which makes it a lucrative and competitive business where the worst always rise, making schools impoverished and results-driven so's they are more likely to exclude troubled and underprivileged people, providing no support for those people, forcing people to live in shitty anonymous environments with little reason to hope for the future and little or no help in improving their lives, loads of stuff that mostly boils down to government not caring about these areas and people.

hummingofevil

Michael Gove. Blame Michael Gove. Here is why.

Michael Gove (and Nick Gibb) believe that they are amazing (and now we know why that is in Gove's case - but of narcotic enhancement to his ego going a long way). In Gove world the logic went "well I am amazing and I did X in school so everyone else should do X and they will be amazing too. That was pretty much Gove's approach to the syllabus reforms for all children in this country.

They he thought, "well I am amazing and I want to a school like Y that had really good exam results so everyone else should go to a school like Y and get really good exam results". He obviously knew though that some schools don't do as well as others (and had a load of land and consultancy/service budgets to skim off for him rich mates) so had to come up with a new model. So he took what the Labour Academy idea (that was a very specific policy for some of the worst schools in the country to try to improve) and told everyone else to become one.

By why bother the heads asked? We have perfectly good local authorities doing this stuff for us.

So Gove said to the Academy schools (well heads actually), you become Academies and I will let you chose what you teach and give you free reign over admissions. No more Local Authorities dumping naughty or thick or special needs kids on you if you don't want them. Oh, but I am going to judge you on your exam results.

So he has a problem bribing the schools to shift was easy as all the senior teachers just gave themselves pay rises and let a load of support staff go. But now the schools are going to be judged on exam results otherwise he is going to look like a tit but the kids are the same as before. Ah... an idea.

Instead of judging the school on the intake of kids what they could do is offset it to a certain extent (this has changed now and schools are judged more on the overall progress kids make through their time in school - but most "Good" or "Outstanding" schools don't go through OFSTED anymore so how do we know if they shit or not anyway). So what schools did was dump kids. Loads of them. 10% and higher. The number of kids seemingly vanishing between age of 14 just skyrocketed. They were quietly dropped off school rolls and to maintain a good percentage score for overall pass rates. Non-academic kids, naughty kids, even kids with special needs quietly dropped off registers to make school look better. Some of them went of their own accord given the crushingly dull curricular Gove brought in was enough to make even the brightest kids sick of their lives (Maths and English for 4 hours a day and maybe a bit of Science for an hour - PE lessons cancelled - options reduced to 2  hours a week - holiday and weekend classes to "GET THAT C").

If that sounds absolutely mental it is and it was ALL on Gove.

So ask yourselves what is happening to these miserable, demotivated kids who know that their only role in society is to fail an exam as a control to make others look better? Who know that they are not really wanted by their schools that for many are the safe alternative to a shit homelife. Who are looking for comfort or a guiding figure to take them under their wings and make them feel something other than nothings. We know what the answer is, yeah? Huge mental health crisis in the young, knife crime that reduces it's victims to, ironically enough, just another piece of data, a statistic with which we can measure OUTCOMES.

It's all fucking heartbreaking, soul-destroying and can be directly traced back to many root causes (both before and since Gove) but fuck me I'm right that if you follow those paths carefully enough you will pass through that loathsome Tory cunt one way or another.

--

Is the result in yet? Let's not get too carried away with Trump or Boris or Hunt or whoever gives the fuck. When you have ideological zealots like Gove in power under the current system then excuse me if I don't get too carried away with pointing fingers at the-bad-guys-over-there.

sponk

Read his Iran tweets and watch this*. Think he might actually be losing it.

* https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142157838153895941

bgmnts

Londonistan..

Fucking Londonistan...