Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

bgmnts

What a weird bloke to have in that cultural role.

phantom_power

He does seem like one of the nicest celebrities, and he has had some shit luck in his life with various people around him dying. There is often phone camera footage of him giving up his seat on the subway for an old lady or something. Hell, even riding in the subway is worth deity status in this day and age. Also he has an endearing "hands off" pose when being photographed with women, which goes down well in these times of #metoo and lots of famous men being utter shits to women

Little things mean a lot in other words

Phil_A

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 25, 2019, 09:51:55 PM
I recognise Pepe, Thug Life and, er, MAD Magazine (is that even a meme?) but I'm drawing a blank with the rest.

Also "The Left" includes The Torygraph? Really?

Plus famous bastions of left wing values like Google, Facebook and Twitter.

Bleeding Kansas

bgmnts

This is real life, this is really happening.

kngen

Since when has 'respecting the White House' been a fucking thing?

sponk

He's turning into Glinner. Pretending to give a shiz about women's sport to make a separate, dog-whistling point

idunnosomename

He tweeted the modified Time cover AGAIN

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2019, 08:50:41 PM
This is real life, this is really happening.

Am I in a dream?

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 27, 2019, 08:35:58 AM
Am I in a dream?

I've been unable to dream the past month or so, it's as if my subconscious can't compete with how mental real life is so has given up.

Blue Jam

Reddit have finally quarantined r/The_Donald

It's a start I guess...

sponk

Would anyone be surprised if he tweeted about that?

Mister Six

What does "quarantined" mean in this context?

olliebean

Seems to just mean that if you go to it you get a message saying it's been quarantined for violations of Reddit's policies and asking if you're sure you want to continue. (But only the first time; it seems to remember your response.)

I presume it also means posts there can never appear on the front page or what have you.

Blue Jam

I think posts from quarantined subs also don't show up in search results, and they somehow don't show up in Google searches either, so if you want to find a quarantined sub you have to look a bit harder for it. It's just a way of making the subs a bit less visible, like a semi-deplatforming... but also a bit pointless when they could just delete them entirely...

Zetetic

Setting aside any wider points, I wonder if quarantining has the advantage that it doesn't encourage creating/migrating to a different subreddit so strongly.

sponk

Weird how r/the_donald has been quarantined for "inviting violence" when MSNB and CNN and other so called progressives weren't quarantined for inciting Trump to bomb Afghanistan??? 🤔

Mister Six

Not really, provided you have a functioning brain.

kngen

Quote from: sponk on June 29, 2019, 01:03:11 PM
Weird how r/the_donald has been quarantined for "inviting violence" when MSNB and CNN and other so called progressives weren't quarantined for inciting Trump to bomb Afghanistan??? 🤔

Who on earth refers to CNN or MSNBC as 'progressives'?

Blumf

Quote from: kngen on June 29, 2019, 02:55:36 PM

CNN and MSNBC, I believe.

sponk

Someone doing a sarcasm, perhaps?

mojo filters

Sean Hannity
Laura Ingrahahaham
Tucker Carlson
Lou Dobbs
Janine Pierro
Greg Gutfeld
Brian Kilmeade
Steve Doocy
Jesse Watters

...and the rest of FNC's fair and balanced folks!

Tomorrow night Showtime is debuting the screen adaptation of Gabriel Sherman's authoritative Roger Ailes biography "The Loudest Voice In The Room."

"The Loudest Voice" is 7 episodes. Like other premium Showtime properties, it will probably suffer a bit from airing on a relatively niche network.

From the screeners released so far, reviews have not been overwhelmingly positive - but it still sounds like compelling viewing for news junkies and suchlike.

If nothing else, I hope it provokes more folks to go back and read Sherman's excellent book, plus his subsequent reporting in New York and Vanity Fair that picks up and follows through on Ailes' downfall and death.

Fambo Number Mive

So Trump plans to spend billions of taxpayers money on the Fourth of July celebrations, including tanks.

He still owns Washington DC money from his inauguration. Washington Post reports:

Quote...The Trump administration and Congress owe D.C. more than $7 million in expenses from Trump's inauguration, according to federal and city financial records. The total cost of the four-day celebration, which culminated with a parade and gathering of roughly 600,000 people on the Mall, was $27.3 million.

As a result, the District has been forced to dip into a special fund that covers annual security costs for protecting the city from terrorist threats and hosting other events such as demonstrations, state funerals and the visits of foreign dignitaries. That fund, which for years was adequately replenished by federal dollars, is now on track to enter the red by this fall, records show...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/trump-still-owes-dc-7-million-in-inauguration-costs-as-he-plans-july-fourth-gala/2019/06/13/c55565b6-8df5-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html

Looks like the July 4th celebrations will cost the American taxpayer a lot of money

QuoteThe National Park Service is diverting nearly $2.5 million in entrance and recreation fees primarily intended to improve parks across the country to cover costs associated with President Trump's Independence Day celebration Thursday on the Mall, according to two individuals familiar with the arrangement.

Trump administration officials have consistently refused to say how much taxpayers will have to pay for the expanded celebration on the Mall this year, which the president has dubbed the "Salute to America." The two individuals, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, confirmed the transfer of the Park Service funds Tuesday.

The diverted park fees represent just a fraction of the extra costs the government faces as a result of the event, which will include displays of military hardware, flyovers by an array of jets including Air Force One, the deployment of tanks on the Mall and an extended pyrotechnics show. By comparison, according to former Park Service deputy director Denis P. Galvin, the entire Fourth of July celebration on the Mall typically costs the agency about $2 million...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-gives-tickets-to-trumps-july-fourth-extravaganza-to-gop-donors/2019/07/02/9109a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html

I imagine Johnson will spend millions of taxpayers money on a "Brexit Britain" parade when we leave the EU.

Alberon

Of course Donald wants a military parade like all the strong autocratic leaders he admires around the world, but it just ends up making him look vain and weak.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2019, 04:42:40 PM
So Trump plans to spend billions of taxpayers money on the Fourth of July celebrations, including tanks.

He still owns Washington DC money from his inauguration. Washington Post reports:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/trump-still-owes-dc-7-million-in-inauguration-costs-as-he-plans-july-fourth-gala/2019/06/13/c55565b6-8df5-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html

Looks like the July 4th celebrations will cost the American taxpayer a lot of money

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-gives-tickets-to-trumps-july-fourth-extravaganza-to-gop-donors/2019/07/02/9109a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html

I imagine Johnson will spend millions of taxpayers money on a "Brexit Britain" parade when we leave the EU.

Theresa May already earmarked £120m for "The Festival" in 2022. I can see that swelling to half a billion by the time he's finished with it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-theresa-may-the-festival-culture-innovation-sport-great-exhibition-queen-victoria-a8561021.html

PlanktonSideburns

Don't festivals, all being well, make money?

Blumf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2019, 04:42:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4UCFiXuGlo